Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice. I will be at Pop for my son's 9th birthday and am trying to figure out the best way to get a cake. I will be traveling with 17 people so need a bigger cake then the celebration cakes at the food court. Would I be able to order a cake at the nearest Publix and have it delievered? If so, would the front desk be able to refrigerate cake until we are ready to serve it. Thanks for the help.

My mom got me a stitch cake (size of a regular store cake) by speaking to the restaurant we were celebrating my birthday at. It was via the dining reservation number and you gotta give at least 3 days notice. You can also speak to the concierge she says.

Just checked into Pop this morning. They started the housekeeping opt out test today. Got $180 gift card for our 13 night stay.

that's awesome, how much are they giving per night?

180 / 13 nights is 13.85. If you divide by 12 it is 15 per night.

Gappedout, will you be allowed to go without housekeeping for the entire trip? Did they tell you what to do about getting rid of trash, getting fresh towels or toiletries?

Originally, I said I wouldn't do this, but if the money is significant, I need to consider it.

Wasn't it $20/night at the All-star resort it first tested at? I guess they want to try it at a lower price point and see "how low will they go?"

I would have done it at $20 for a total of $120, but I don't know about $80-$90. Guess I'll see when we get there.

180 / 13 nights is 13.85. If you divide by 12 it is 15 per night.

Gappedout, will you be allowed to go without housekeeping for the entire trip? Did they tell you what to do about getting rid of trash, getting fresh towels or toiletries?

Originally, I said I wouldn't do this, but if the money is significant, I need to consider it.
$15 a night so they did drop it. Told me to call for towels etc. but I forgot to ask about trash.

Yes! Our room wasn't ready so I went to online check in line to see if our room request was honored and they asked.
Thanks for the heads up! We are checking in, in just over two weeks. We are also staying for 13 days. I might consider this. It's easy to get towels and we bring our own shampoo, etc...

Not being mentioned much is that you also save any money upu might have left in housekeeping tips. That being said, I don't like the how low will they go game Disney is playing. We check in the 13th of August for 12 days. I think, if offered, I will decline.

It's been forever since we stayed at a value. Do they have the screens with the approximate bus times like the mods and deluxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter