Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am new to this...first trip as a family! I am going in January, and we have two rooms at Pop. One for myself and my husband and one for my mom and kids. We are really, really hoping to get a King because my husband is SUPER tall and his feet will hang off a full. We had our travel agent request that as well as connecting rooms. So, I see that we can check in online and there are options for requests. Lakeview, upper floor, etc. If I have a preference for this, should I go ahead and select it? Or just leave the requests for King/connecting? And, do I need to go ahead and check in online? TIA!

Hi all, I am new to this...first trip as a family! I am going in January, and we have two rooms at Pop. One for myself and my husband and one for my mom and kids. We are really, really hoping to get a King because my husband is SUPER tall and his feet will hang off a full. We had our travel agent request that as well as connecting rooms. So, I see that we can check in online and there are options for requests. Lakeview, upper floor, etc. If I have a preference for this, should I go ahead and select it? Or just leave the requests for King/connecting? And, do I need to go ahead and check in online? TIA!
If your king bed and connecting rooms are the most important to you then I would not make any more requests and leave as is. You don't need to do online check in but I like to do it so I can just get my room number texted to me and I set up my charging privileges on it ahead of time too.

If your king bed and connecting rooms are the most important to you then I would not make any more requests and leave as is. You don't need to do online check in but I like to do it so I can just get my room number texted to me and I set up my charging privileges on it ahead of time too.

Just an FYI: there are only 30 non-handicapped King rooms at POP. They are all connecting to regular rooms.

If this is important to you, I would make no other requests.

In case anyone else is interested in the exact dates of pool closure (or obsessed like me :), I sent an e-mail to Disney, and this is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Im sorry about the confusion regarding our pools at Disney's Pop Century Resort. Beginning January 13 through January 20 of 2017, the Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will undergo planned maintenance. Also from Dec 1, 2016 through early January 3, 2017, the Computer Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be under refurbishment. We are committed to providing a great experience and as an alternative Guests are welcome to enjoy the Hippy Dippy Pool or Bowling Pool. We apologize for any inconvenience this may bring to you and your family, we appreciate your understanding as we work with our Guest to accommodate their needs.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jesus Frias

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Oh yay....

I'll be there the end of January and figured it would be closed while I was there.

In case anyone else is interested in the exact dates of pool closure (or obsessed like me :), I sent an e-mail to Disney, and this is the response I received:

Im sorry about the confusion regarding our pools at Disney's Pop Century Resort. Beginning January 13 through January 20 of 2017, the Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will undergo planned maintenance. Also from Dec 1, 2016 through early January 3, 2017, the Computer Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be under refurbishment.....

We are there from 6-14 January...looks good for us!

Stupid question alert!!!

Is there shampoo in the rooms?

Thanks!

Did someone post on this thread a while back that towels are now offered at the Hippy Dippy pool??

Im sorry about the confusion regarding our pools at Disney's Pop Century Resort. Beginning January 13 through January 20 of 2017, the Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will undergo planned maintenance. Also from Dec 1, 2016 through early January 3, 2017, the Computer Pool at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be under refurbishment. We are committed to providing a great experience and as an alternative Guests are welcome to enjoy the Hippy Dippy Pool or Bowling Pool. We apologize for any inconvenience this may bring to you and your family, we appreciate your understanding as we work with our Guest to accommodate their needs.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jesus Frias

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

So I guess this means the Hippy Dippy pool will only be closed for a week in January for "maintenance" and back open in time for the popular Presidents' day week and spring break season. I'm happy for this because we haven't stayed onsite since our 2011 trip and this is also our first stay at Pop and I wanted my family to enjoy the Hippy Dippy pool and pool side activites for at least a couple days during our March trip. We would definitely still enjoy the bowling or computer pools too, but want a chance to experience the main pool.

Few questions about on line check in.
Do we get a text as soon as the room is ready? And if so is that usually before 3?
Room requests were 50 upper level if that makes a difference.
We have a FP for 7DMT at 4 and want to make sure we can make it there in time

Do we get a text as soon as the room is ready?

Maybe. Not everyone that completes Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. You may have to stop at the Online Check In Desk when you arrive.

And if so is that usually before 3?

Sometimes. Just depends on when your room is ready.

Won't make a difference.

Do we get a text as soon as the room is ready? And if so is that usually before 3?
You can always check in and drop your stuff off with them and then go to MK even though your room isn't ready.

We've had very good success at having our room ready by the time we arrive (or very close to it) when we've used online check-in and indicated our arrival time. We typically arrive at Disney by about 11:30 a.m. Two of our last 3 visits I indicated that early check-in was our top priority (over room location requests) and we got our room-ready text about an hour before our anticipated arrival and also got our room requests. On our trip this summer I didn't indicate that early check-in was a priority (because I very much wanted a specific room location) but did still indicate our arrival time. I had said we'd be arriving at 11:00 and at about 10:15 I got a text indicating our room wasn't ready yet but we'd receive a text as soon as it was. We needed to make a stop for water and snacks at Walmart so we just took our time there. We didn't arrive at Disney until about 11:45 and we got the text a few minutes later that our room was ready (and we got the specific location I had requested).

While I know not everyone's rooms are ready early, it does seem like those people who indicate their arrival time during online check-in do have a pretty high success rate. So definitely indicate your arrival time (even if you don't say that early check-in is a priority) so there's a better chance of your room being ready early.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but 278 pages is too many for me to search......I just made my RO reservation yesterday and nowhere did I see the opportunity to request a specific location of building. The only option was if I wanted a crib or adjoining room. I know Disney cannot guarantee anything, but was under the impression that I could identify the building location I wanted? I'm looking to get Building 4 or 5 (overlooking the lake). Is this something I can request now or wait until I get closer to my arrival (May 2017). Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter