Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every room.
First stay on site coming soon. Are the hairdryer's pretty powerful and do they have the narrow nozzle attachment, or would I still be best to bring my own?

Silly girlie question I know :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Yup. They are $6.69 for 24 of the 12oz bottles.
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but as I'm in the UK I'm not sure what the non-resort USD price would be for that? Is that a fair price? I had been considering pre-ordering a few drinks and essentials from Amazon or garden grocer to meet us there, but if these prices aren't too much different than that I mightn't bother.

Are you able see the fireworks from any lake view room? Or is that only in/from certain sections and buildings?

Well, a 20oz bottle of water in the park/gift shop will be $3. You could save $2 buying the 24pk water at a store, but frankly, your time is worth more than that. Grab a 24pk and roll on would be my suggestion.
That's definitely reasonable for resort prices when you also factor in the delivery cost if I had things delivered. I thought it sounded good, but I'm out of touch these days.

First stay on site coming soon. Are the hairdryer's pretty powerful and do they have the narrow nozzle attachment, or would I still be best to bring my own?

Silly girlie question I know :rolleyes1
No nozzle attachment.

Here is a picture.:)

23411812839_3cfaac10ba_b.jpg

I found the hair dryer to be fine, and at home I use a very powerful one with nozzle.

I'll save my luggage space (but won't omit my coffee maker!).

Same here! Gotta bring my coffee maker. I am not a coffee snob by any means but the resort coffee is just nasty. Plus having it in the room without having to venture out is critical.

First post here... My fiance and I just returned home from our first stay at Pop. I read these boards a lot before going and just wanted to share a few things. When we arrived we went to the gift shop and the food court area to look for a case of water because the Florida water does not sit well with me. We weren't able to find a case of water so we asked if they sold them there and after a little hesitation from the person I was told no they did not have cases of water for sale. We walked to AoA and they had a case of 24 12 oz waters for sale for $17.00. I passed and ended up just getting free cups of water at the parks and it was hit or miss whether it was good water or water that taste like it came from the drinking fountains. It worked out well for us though. I guess I was just frustrated because I had read here a few times that they sold cases of water for $7... Which we did find at Wilderness Lodge when were were checking out that resort (which I find odd that the same case of water would cost $17 at AoA and $7 at Wilderness?!?!).

On a different note... We requested a box fan to drown out sound and when we were at the park a box fan was dropped off.... with a roll away bed which was not requested. So they do have roll away beds not sure how many or if they are always available but we were given on and didn't even ask for it! We called and they came and picked it up but for people who were asking they must be available since we did get one.

This is getting wordy... but overall it was a good stay. We are use to Deluxe resorts because my fiance had vacation club that we just sold so it was a different type of stay for us but we knew going in it would be different.

Are you able see the fireworks from any lake view room? Or is that only in/from certain sections and buildings?

We were in 5409, so 60's building 5, but way at the end near the bridge facing the kiddie pool and could see them well enough.

Does anyone have a picture of the kiddie pool? Or could you describe it?
Is it a splash pad with water spraying or very shallow pool?
Is there a gate around it?

Does anyone have a picture of the kiddie pool? Or could you describe it?
Is it a splash pad with water spraying or very shallow pool?
Is there a gate around it?
It is very shallow, a few inches maybe. There is a flower nearby that you can push a button and it sprays water. It is fenced in and there are chairs and tables all around it. I think there are pictures if you google.

First post here... My fiance and I just returned home from our first stay at Pop. I read these boards a lot before going and just wanted to share a few things. When we arrived we went to the gift shop and the food court area to look for a case of water because the Florida water does not sit well with me. We weren't able to find a case of water so we asked if they sold them there and after a little hesitation from the person I was told no they did not have cases of water for sale. We walked to AoA and they had a case of 24 12 oz waters for sale for $17.00. I passed and ended up just getting free cups of water at the parks and it was hit or miss whether it was good water or water that taste like it came from the drinking fountains. It worked out well for us though. I guess I was just frustrated because I had read here a few times that they sold cases of water for $7... Which we did find at Wilderness Lodge when were were checking out that resort (which I find odd that the same case of water would cost $17 at AoA and $7 at Wilderness).
Ooh, OK, back to ordering from garden grocer :)

It is very shallow, a few inches maybe. There is a flower nearby that you can push a button and it sprays water. It is fenced in and there are chairs and tables all around it. I think there are pictures if you google.
Thank you! I didn't have luck with Google a few weeks ago, but i see it now. Thank you!

Ooh, OK, back to ordering from garden grocer :)

Not sure if what we did is allowed but I had 2 one liter nalgene bottles that I brought from home just in case we needed them and my fiance and I would fill them up at the pop machines in the food court. They all have the little water tab that works even without a refillable mug and we were never stopped by cast members or anything. So that is always an option. We even bought one 20 oz bottle of water just to have a small water bottle and just refilled that up at the same time.

Not sure if what we did is allowed but I had 2 one liter nalgene bottles that I brought from home just in case we needed them and my fiance and I would fill them up at the pop machines in the food court. They all have the little water tab that works even without a refillable mug and we were never stopped by cast members or anything. So that is always an option. We even bought one 20 oz bottle of water just to have a small water bottle and just refilled that up at the same time.
What you did is allowed.:)

Also,free water/ice is available at any CS restaurant in the Parks(in their cups-they won't refill your own bottles per health regs).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter