Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the pool hours change by season? When I google it says the pools are open 8am-midnight with 10-12 being quiet time.

Do the pool hours change by season? When I google it says the pools are open 8am-midnight with 10-12 being quiet time.
Yes, pool hours change even depending on date and sometimes weather. The pools can close earlier when it's cold and possibly not open at all.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to find the pool hours as Disney doesn't really publish them. When we were there in Jan 2018 the Hippy Dippy pool opened at 10am and the other 2 pools opened at 12:00. Not sure of closing time.

There is no 'quiet time' at Pop pools. The pools are either open or closed. Pools are only open when lifeguards are on duty and can also close due to inclement weather or lightning in the area.

Hi everone,

Just booked a stay at Pop for April for my BFF's 50th birthday. This will be my 5th trip to the world and her FIRST! We are really really excited to stay at Pop!

Looking forward to getting lots of info from this thread!

I saw that requesting the 60's building does not come up in the app when checking in. So should I check in and then call closer to our day? Not sure how that works. Would really like 60's, if that is where preferred rooms are? I booked preferred.

Thanks,
Tina
It was that way originally-now there are some Preferred Rooms in the 50s,60s and 70s.

There is a map showing where the preferred rooms are at post 19,398 (on page 970) of this thread.

You’re very factual about about this. Can you please share your source(s)?

I’m asking because our city has a train that runs directly from our international airport to the downtown train station and those trains run every 30 minutes right now and possibly more often during non-Covid times. The ride is 54 minutes long each direction so many trains are running at the same time.

Right now with DME (which we’ve used 40+ times) sometimes we arrive at the bus in time to load and be whisked away within minutes. Other times it’s been more than 45 mins from the time we enter the bus line for Pop, wait for the bus to arrive, load fully and drive away. I don’t imagine the new train system will be much different.

To the best of my understanding, no details have been released by Brightline about frequency of trains nor has Disney published what will happen with guests who arrive at Disney Springs.

Since Disney has parted ways with DME and it’s definitely going away Jan 1, 2022, I’m waiting to find out more details about what our options might be.

My understanding from various articles I have read leads me to believe that WDW will just be a stop on the Orlando to Tampa service, and would not run more often than those routes run. I don’t know how popular that route will be, as the cruise port isn’t as busy as Miami’s port, and I think that is what will drive business on the Miami route. I have not seen any actual schedules, as it’s way too early for those. Also, at the time the articles were written, ME was still running with no plans to cease. I haven’t read any articles at all that mention the MCO-Disney route as a dedicated route in and of itself. It’s possible that the Tampa train could run only once or twice a day, especially at the beginning, which wouldn’t be much benefit for Disney guests. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

My personal thoughts at this time, with nothing to back them up, is that they might complete the MCO-Disney section, and open it for train traffic while completing the Disney-Tampa section (which will be a much longer section). If they do that, then it’s possible that they could later run some trains MCO-Disney and some MCO-Tampa with a Disney stop once everything is completed, if that is the most profitable model.

I do believe that Disney should run some sort of bus or shuttle, or bring back Minnie Vans, to get people from the station to the resorts, instead of leaving people to find their own way while on property. The buses from DS to the resorts are already too full to take on luggage, so some other transportation will be needed. The drawback is that it won’t be included in what you pay for the resort anymore.

If I were planning a trip in 2023, I would be booking something independent of the train, with a good cancellation policy, so if the train came online and was a decent option at a competitive price, I could switch. Considering they haven’t even started the Tampa line yet, it’s entirely possible it could be pushed back or never built. We have seen more than our fair share of train proposals that fell apart (which is a shame because I love trains).

I really feel for all of you who are dealing with this. It is as bad for you as the parking fees were for us a couple years ago. Disney gets us all, one way or the other . . .

Looking forward to being back at Pop later this month, as it will be several months before I get back again.

My understanding from various articles I have read leads me to believe that WDW will just be a stop on the Orlando to Tampa service, and would not run more often than those routes run. I don’t know how popular that route will be, as the cruise port isn’t as busy as Miami’s port, and I think that is what will drive business on the Miami route. I have not seen any actual schedules, as it’s way too early for those. Also, at the time the articles were written, ME was still running with no plans to cease. I haven’t read any articles at all that mention the MCO-Disney route as a dedicated route in and of itself. It’s possible that the Tampa train could run only once or twice a day, especially at the beginning, which wouldn’t be much benefit for Disney guests. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

My personal thoughts at this time, with nothing to back them up, is that they might complete the MCO-Disney section, and open it for train traffic while completing the Disney-Tampa section (which will be a much longer section). If they do that, then it’s possible that they could later run some trains MCO-Disney and some MCO-Tampa with a Disney stop once everything is completed, if that is the most profitable model.

I do believe that Disney should run some sort of bus or shuttle, or bring back Minnie Vans, to get people from the station to the resorts, instead of leaving people to find their own way while on property. The buses from DS to the resorts are already too full to take on luggage, so some other transportation will be needed. The drawback is that it won’t be included in what you pay for the resort anymore.

If I were planning a trip in 2023, I would be booking something independent of the train, with a good cancellation policy, so if the train came online and was a decent option at a competitive price, I could switch. Considering they haven’t even started the Tampa line yet, it’s entirely possible it could be pushed back or never built. We have seen more than our fair share of train proposals that fell apart (which is a shame because I love trains).

I really feel for all of you who are dealing with this. It is as bad for you as the parking fees were for us a couple years ago. Disney gets us all, one way or the other . . .

Looking forward to being back at Pop later this month, as it will be several months before I get back again.

I think you and I have read the same articles. You brought up an important point that I forgot to mention. Disney Springs is simply a stop on the rail line. This line was/is not being developed as a dedicated MCO-DS run. It's not intended to be the primary transportation from MCO to Disney, it's just a stop along the way to Tampa (eventually).

My adult DD and I are planning on going to Pop Century for the first time. We are booking a standard room. Which building would be the closest to the main building and Skyliner? 50's?

We are just now booking this trip and we haven't researched anything yet. We are using up credits we have from a trip we had originally planned for last year to DL. Any suggestions or tips for Pop Century would be appreciated. Thank you!

My adult DD and I are planning on going to Pop Century for the first time. We are booking a standard room. Which building would be the closest to the main building and Skyliner? 50's?

We are just now booking this trip and we haven't researched anything yet. We are using up credits we have from a trip we had originally planned for last year to DL. Any suggestions or tips for Pop Century would be appreciated. Thank you!
I had a standard room in building three (50’s), and I was at the end of the building closest the lake and right next to the 60’s. It was very convenient. There are also a few standard rooms in the 60’s (had one in August 2020) which was also convenient. In July 2020 I was in the 70’s in a standard room and it wasn’t bad either.

Yes,they change by Season and different Pools in the same resort can have slightly different hours.

Having said that,that hasn't been the case in Covid WDW.

Recent reports have been that the Pools at WDW are all still on the 10 AM to 10 PM schedule that began Labor Day weekend.

We will be PopStars starting Saturday so I will confirm the Pool hours and post. :)

Are the 80s and 90s buildings closed? I booked standard and when I check in online it asks if I’d like 50s or 70s.

Are the 80s and 90s buildings closed? I booked standard and when I check in online it asks if I’d like 50s or 70s.
There is an error on the app right now (which has been reported) that only shows the 50's and 70's on the app when checking in. Standard rooms are available in every building. If you wish to request a location other than the 50's or 70's it's recommended you call 1.407.938.4000 and request the area you wish.

I posted this ? on the Jan 2021 thread but thought I would ask here too. I will be at pop in TWO WEEKS!! ( cannot contain the excitement) and wonder, if we want to be at Epcot by 10:30, what time should be plan to get on skyliner? I know this can vary depending on crowds - but with DHS opening at 9 that day, I am hoping the lines aren't that bad for Epcot. Any advise would be awesome!

I had a standard room in building three (50’s), and I was at the end of the building closest the lake and right next to the 60’s. It was very convenient. There are also a few standard rooms in the 60’s (had one in August 2020) which was also convenient. In July 2020 I was in the 70’s in a standard room and it wasn’t bad either.
Last year I needed to add two nights to my trip so at the last minute I booked POP and just took what they gave me.

I was in 90's. Talk about convenient! I was surprised how close it was to the buses. I still prefer 50's looking at the lake, but 90's was surprising.

I posted this ? on the Jan 2021 thread but thought I would ask here too. I will be at pop in TWO WEEKS!! ( cannot contain the excitement) and wonder, if we want to be at Epcot by 10:30, what time should be plan to get on skyliner? I know this can vary depending on crowds - but with DHS opening at 9 that day, I am hoping the lines aren't that bad for Epcot. Any advise would be awesome!

Well, here is my experience from December. The park opened at noon weekdays and 11:00 on weekends. The first day I went to Epcot I wanted to avoid the rush and left the room at 12:30 on a noon opening day. No wait at the Pop station, but there was about a 30 minute line at CBR, that wound from the CBR bus stop across, down the ramp behind the Pop exit and back up into switchbacks in the center of the station. This was the second week of December, on a Wednesday. From that point on, I waited until an hour after open to leave the room when going to Epcot, and had no lines. If going a half hour either before or after open, I would expect about a 30 minute line and be happy if it doesn’t materialize.

Well, here is my experience from December. The park opened at noon weekdays and 11:00 on weekends. The first day I went to Epcot I wanted to avoid the rush and left the room at 12:30 on a noon opening day. No wait at the Pop station, but there was about a 30 minute line at CBR, that wound from the CBR bus stop across, down the ramp behind the Pop exit and back up into switchbacks in the center of the station. This was the second week of December, on a Wednesday. From that point on, I waited until an hour after open to leave the room when going to Epcot, and had no lines. If going a half hour either before or after open, I would expect about a 30 minute line and be happy if it doesn’t materialize.
If rope drop is important, I would recommend arriving at the Skyliner station 90 mins before you wish to be at Epcot. You may be early but if earlier is better than late for you, 90 mins is the recommended time to get to any WDW park.

If rope drop is important, I would recommend arriving at the Skyliner station 90 mins before you wish to be at Epcot. You may be early but if earlier is better than late for you, 90 mins is the recommended time to get to any WDW park.
What time do they start running the AoA buses? Is it an hour before park open? Depending on whether a person is planning to start at the front or back of the park, maybe the bus would be a good alternative. I have only used it coming back from the park, so I don’t have any experience first thing in the day.

What time do they start running the AoA buses? Is it an hour before park open? Depending on whether a person is planning to start at the front or back of the park, maybe the bus would be a good alternative. I have only used it coming back from the park, so I don’t have any experience first thing in the day.
Right now park buses begin running around 45-60 mins before park opening. In the past it was around 90 mins but not currently.

I forgot walking to AoA and taking the bus could be an option - and starting in front of park so we can ride SSE first would be good but I love the skyliner, guess I will have to see - but def plan to leave the room at least by 9/930 either way. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter