Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking of staying at the Poly Sept 2019. It is my dream resort. My only concern is boat noise. I am an EXTREMELY light sleeper. (Even with earplugs, a noisemaker, and a dose of Ambien, the last time we stayed in a hotel I was up all night because the people above us kept making little noises...and I was the only one out of 5 of us that even noticed it).

Are there areas of the resort where the boat noise is minimal? I'm mostly concerned about the early morning. On our last trip we stay at AKL Kidani, and I had minimal issues (just a few awakenings from people being loud in the halls, but it was no big deal).

My stay at gf in sept the boat started at 8:30 then goes from gf to poly to MK. I asked the captain and it was the 1st of the day for a 9am open. I didn't mind since it was dh and he wasn't running to 7dmt or SM like dd but we got to the park later than dd would have been happy with.

I rarely take the boat to the park for any opening. It's just too risky for a rope drop. However I almost always use going back, and often goring to later on the day.

I stayed at gf or poly 7 times since 3/17. I only took the boat once at rope drop. It's not my preferred mode. However if you are not in a hurry it is beautiful time of day to ride.

One more night left on our dvc studio view before we swap over to BLT for two nights. We are sad to be leaving. Bed is too hard but that's my only complaint and it's a mild one (I am spoiled by my memory foam bed back home). We love this resort so much.

We are thinking of staying at the Poly Sept 2019. It is my dream resort. My only concern is boat noise. I am an EXTREMELY light sleeper. (Even with earplugs, a noisemaker, and a dose of Ambien, the last time we stayed in a hotel I was up all night because the people above us kept making little noises...and I was the only one out of 5 of us that even noticed it).

Are there areas of the resort where the boat noise is minimal? I'm mostly concerned about the early morning. On our last trip we stay at AKL Kidani, and I had minimal issues (just a few awakenings from people being loud in the halls, but it was no big deal).

I was a little concerned on our last trip, but it ended up not being an issue. We stayed in Moorea, at the farthest end with a lake view, so we were right next to the boats. My mom is a very light sleeper and she was never woken up during the night/in the morning. She didn't have any sleep aids. We used a noise machine in our connecting room for my kids and I honestly don't remember ever hearing the boat horn except during the day.

The boat noise primarily affects some of the DVC studios, so if you are not staying in a DVC longhouse or the bungalows, I don't think it will be an issue.

Hi All, we recently decided to do a split stay and are spending our last 2 days at Poly V&B. I'm so excited, as I've always wanted to stay at Poly. We put in for a deluxe studio standard view. Can anyone recommend which building we should put a request in for? I believe our options are for Tokelau, Moorea or Pago Pago? I am a light sleeper and we also have a 2-year-old who I am hoping will be able to nap midday. TIA!

Hi All, we recently decided to do a split stay and are spending our last 2 days at Poly V&B. I'm so excited, as I've always wanted to stay at Poly. We put in for a deluxe studio standard view. Can anyone recommend which building we should put a request in for? I believe our options are for Tokelau, Moorea or Pago Pago? I am a light sleeper and we also have a 2-year-old who I am hoping will be able to nap midday. TIA!
We enjoyed Pago Pago. It was very quiet, but it is a couple minutes walk from the pool and lobby. But if you bring your own car or rent a car, it is the only building with its own parking lot which is quite nice. It's also a quick walk to the TTC.

One more night left on our dvc studio view before we swap over to BLT for two nights. We are sad to be leaving. Bed is too hard but that's my only complaint and it's a mild one (I am spoiled by my memory foam bed back home). We love this resort so much.
We have a Tempurpedic too. I have a rough time sleeping in hotels.

I may have posted before, but we our now confirmed for the Poly for our next trip in November! I'm excited as I haven't stayed at the Poly since my very first trip. To give you an idea at how long ago that was, The Grand Floridan was a construction site and we had a character breakfast on the Empress Lilly (how's that for going WAY back?!?)

Is it fairly easy to walk up to Kona for dinner without an ADR during free dining? We aren’t planning any ADR’s this trip since we don’t want to be tied down to plans, but if we end up at the resort early one evening, it might be nice to do something different than Captain Cooks.

Is it fairly easy to walk up to Kona for dinner without an ADR during free dining? We aren’t planning any ADR’s this trip since we don’t want to be tied down to plans, but if we end up at the resort early one evening, it might be nice to do something different than Captain Cooks.

It's been our experience that they won't seat you without an ADR even if there's dozens of empty tables. The last 3 times we were there we were walking by and saw lots of empty tables. Walked up and asked to be seated only to be told there's no available tables. I asked "what about the 10 empty tables over there" and the response was "those are reserved for guests who haven't arrived yet". I walked away, jumped on my phone and made an ADR. I walked back to the same CM and said we're checking in for our ADR and were promptly seated at one of the empty tables I pointed to not 2 minutes earlier. :confused3

Same day ADRs can be made in the My Disney Experience (MDE) app. I just tried Kona for 4 guests for tonight - had 2 choices within a minute. 8:10pm & 9pm :)

It's been our experience that they won't seat you without an ADR even if there's dozens of empty tables. The last 3 times we were there we were walking by and saw lots of empty tables. Walked up and asked to be seated only to be told there's no available tables. I asked "what about the 10 empty tables over there" and the response was "those are reserved for guests who haven't arrived yet". I walked away, jumped on my phone and made an ADR. I walked back to the same CM and said we're checking in for our ADR and were promptly seated at one of the empty tables I pointed to not 2 minutes earlier. :confused3
I wish they’d save at least some tables for walk ups. Not being able to walk up and wait for dinner at a resort seems silly.

Same day ADRs can be made in the My Disney Experience (MDE) app. I just tried Kona for 4 guests for tonight - had 2 choices within a minute. 8:10pm & 9pm :)
I looked it up as well. Way too late for us to eat with young kids, but at least there was something. I also saw after posting that most of the Kona options are available through room service, so that might be a better option since we don’t have to plan much for that!

:rotfl2:

I was a little concerned on our last trip, but it ended up not being an issue. We stayed in Moorea, at the farthest end with a lake view, so we were right next to the boats. My mom is a very light sleeper and she was never woken up during the night/in the morning. She didn't have any sleep aids. We used a noise machine in our connecting room for my kids and I honestly don't remember ever hearing the boat horn except during the day.

The boat noise primarily affects some of the DVC studios, so if you are not staying in a DVC longhouse or the bungalows, I don't think it will be an issue.

Thank you for your response! We actually were hoping to rent DVC points. Do you know which buildings we should avoid?

Thank you for your response! We actually were hoping to rent DVC points. Do you know which buildings we should avoid?

I find it works best to explain exactly what you are looking for rather than try to request a building. In your case I would explain that you are a light sleeper and prefer to be away from boat horns and other noise. Tokelau, for example, has rooms pretty much right on the lagoon (ferry horns) or closer to the tranquility inside the resort. So if you just asked for Tokelau you could either be assigned a perfect room or a hellacious room. The room assigners are great at Disney, when they are able, in my experience. Worst case scenario, if you are assigned a room that's less than desirable, you can ask to move. Hope you get the PERFECT room and have a great trip!

I wish they’d save at least some tables for walk ups. Not being able to walk up and wait for dinner at a resort seems silly.

I looked it up as well. Way too late for us to eat with young kids, but at least there was something. I also saw after posting that most of the Kona options are available through room service, so that might be a better option since we don’t have to plan much for that!
Yep we have booked an adr just prior to arrival at the resort restaurants and that is your best option. If you don't use the app for some reason call Disney and make your adr.

Room service with kids is a great option. They will be more comfortable in your room and therefore you will be too.

The only building that doesn't have lake view is Pago Pago, while Tokelau is positioned different so that the front is closer to the lake and then the building extends into the resort. Moorea is parallel to the shore, so the front is along the water, while the backside faces land.

Have a wonderful trip!

I find it works best to explain exactly what you are looking for rather than try to request a building.

This is great advice!

How has the parking situation been at Poly since Disney starts charging overnight parking fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter