Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked my first Poly stay today. 187 days to go.
Anyone have recent pics of club level food?

Hi there. I'm not somewhere that I can find links but if you search for posts from me on the CL thread both from late Feb of this year and a few weeks ago, you'll find a bunch of lounge and food pics. Bug me if you can't find them. :thumbsup2

Just got back last night. We stayed from May 20th - 27th. We had 3rd floor Samoa facing Volcano pool. What an AMAZING view! When I woke up this morning in our home and looked out the front door I was depressed b/c the view at the Poly was so beautiful and I no longer had that view. The place smelled wonderful. I loved how when we walked through the grounds the music stayed with you. Luau was fun! Easy access to Epcot and MK. Although, we went through bag check both at the Poly to get on the monorail and again at MK. I was confused at first bc others on here said you didn't have to go through twice. But we did, every time.

Just got back last night. We stayed from May 20th - 27th. We had 3rd floor Samoa facing Volcano pool. What an AMAZING view! When I woke up this morning in our home and looked out the front door I was depressed b/c the view at the Poly was so beautiful and I no longer had that view. The place smelled wonderful. I loved how when we walked through the grounds the music stayed with you. Luau was fun! Easy access to Epcot and MK. Although, we went through bag check both at the Poly to get on the monorail and again at MK. I was confused at first bc others on here said you didn't have to go through twice. But we did, every time.
Curious as to where you went through bag check at MK as this is the first I've seen making 2 stops since they started resort checks?

I actually found one thing I don't like about Poly. There's not enough chairs with shade by the pool. I went down late morning and there were none to be found. And if the ones taken, there weren't a lot. That's the thing about the Boardwalk, there's a lot of trees for share around the Luna pool.
Not enough chairs period. My ONLY complaint.

we keep trying to convince ourselves that we need to try and book other resorts to try something new. But then as the trip gets closer, we find ourselves wishing we would have just stayed with POLY. So I'm happy to say for the second time now, our waitlist came through yesterday and all 10 nights we will be returning to POLY in September. :yay:

Great point Mickeynut! We will be going back for a longer period of time, probably more like 10 days. We were rushing to get the kids on everything- amazing how 6 days seems like more than enough time! Already planning the next vacation!

How exciting! It's always fun to start planning the next trip right away. I think 10 days is a good amount of time. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Booked my first Poly stay today. 187 days to go.

Time will go fast and you will be relaxing at the Poly before you know it! :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time. I agree about Samoa, such a great location with amazing views :).

we keep trying to convince ourselves that we need to try and book other resorts to try something new. But then as the trip gets closer, we find ourselves wishing we would have just stayed with POLY. So I'm happy to say for the second time now, our waitlist came through yesterday and all 10 nights we will be returning to POLY in September. :yay:

Congrats on the wait list coming through! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Glad you enjoyed the resort! Did you request your room location or was ok just pure luck? We are staying at the Poly in July and I am debating how specific to be with my room request

A few years ago we stayed in a 3rd floor room in Samoa facing the volcano pool....I agree it is amazing! We're headed back to the Poly in August and I've put in a request for Samoa again. We seem to get Fiji most trips which is another favorite longhouse.

We were in WDW May 24-26 for a short stay at the Beach Club. We made a visit to our beloved Poly after our MK day and it was so strange to be on the grounds knowing we didn't have a room there! But we enjoyed the smells, the music, and a drink at Trader Sam's.

That's odd that you had to go through bag check twice. Did you see other people getting off the monorail at MK having their bags checked again?

Just checked in this morning in Hawaii building! First stay at the Poly and I am very impressed! Denise at club level check in desk was wonderful and you could tell she loved her job. In fact she told us the Poly was her favorite resort and place to work. The front desk ckerk was also very helpful and gave us an overview of the resort on our way to the check in area in the Hawaii building. We got our room around 1:30 ( we checked in around 10 am). We were here before breakfast was over so we had that today too. They were serving assorted lunchmeats, cheeses, boiled eggs, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, and cereal. Fresh fruit was also served. They also had milk, juices, and water. During the midday offerings we saw grilled chicken slices, lettuce, pineapple salsa and a few other garnishes, veggie tray, chips, nuts, cookies ( yummy!) and the juice everyone talks about, lemonade, water, soda (we call it pop), some hard cider and a few other items in the Refrigerator.
Our room is nice and faces the Oasis pool. I have a the room service menu and if I can figure out how to upload pages I will, but I am not very tech savvy.
Question? Just ask.

Our Poly trip begins in two weeks! We'll be staying in a dvc studio, and I'm going to put in a request for Tokelau. This will be our first stay at the Polynesian. My question is about fireworks viewing. Is there anywhere to see Happily Ever After where the crowds won't be overwhelming? Is the beach the only area? It will be DH, myself, DS13, 11 and DD<1. This will be the first time traveling for the baby. Are there any quiet areas at the Poly to let the baby crawl (other than our room)?
See you there! Arriving June 10th! As for DD <1 lobby area of your hotel building. We got a pirate gun that reflected a skull on the carpet and when DD11 was learning to crawl she would chase it.

Just checked in this morning in Hawaii building! First stay at the Poly and I am very impressed! Denise at club level check in desk was wonderful and you could tell she loved her job. In fact she told us the Poly was her favorite resort and place to work. The front desk ckerk was also very helpful and gave us an overview of the resort on our way to the check in area in the Hawaii building. We got our room around 1:30 ( we checked in around 10 am). We were here before breakfast was over so we had that today too. They were serving assorted lunchmeats, cheeses, boiled eggs, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, and cereal. Fresh fruit was also served. They also had milk, juices, and water. During the midday offerings we saw grilled chicken slices, lettuce, pineapple salsa and a few other garnishes, veggie tray, chips, nuts, cookies ( yummy!) and the juice everyone talks about, lemonade, water, soda (we call it pop), some hard cider and a few other items in the Refrigerator.
Our room is nice and faces the Oasis pool. I have a the room service menu and if I can figure out how to upload pages I will, but I am not very tech savvy.
Question? Just ask.

Thanks for checking in! Hope you have a great time and enjoy Poly CL :goodvibes.

Hi there. I'm not somewhere that I can find links but if you search for posts from me on the CL thread both from late Feb of this year and a few weeks ago, you'll find a bunch of lounge and food pics. Bug me if you can't find them. :thumbsup2

Thank you, I follow that thread. I'm sure I saw them back in February but now that I/m booked I want (need) to droll over some stuff. lol I'll go back and look for those dates. :thanks:

Question? Just ask.

Updates on the nightly food options and dessert please. :P Pics are even better. :D
Have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter