Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above, here now and so happy with the choice of the Poly! :goodvibes It has been a great home base for us. Have eaten at Kona cafe twice, once for breakfast and once as a walk up at lunch. We checked out Trader Sam's around 9pm without a wait, watched the electric water pageant from the dock with plenty of seating, and lounged by the Oasis pool without certain feathery intruders. Those malasadas are amazing!
While we didn't get the building we requested (asked for Tokelau, we are in Pago Pago parking lot facing), it is fairly quiet and relaxing. Bonus it is super easy to walk to TTC from here.

Below is my moment of zen brought to you by the third floor stairwell of Pago Pago. :smooth:

s8yz1Iu3-H_PGlOhyxEPzIw_maivC1Z0fQPeKZt_9VUra_2BeWerYxP4FyEjKNkYH00-9NrnVESMtiyKP97FI0V4LXeFFULx8BAYLlv-EDzzzf8L3seKYgmrYNc5HXygUWSfGol3h2uC5YCSNKkAbDrzmbjVYNr1Rc7cnGHoJ9B-IqSzoPwkIOHuwHqr-IBKOn0HmoiUEYJhk9NcJ_S2pJZWKvQQ--6W-6eiu_SwtTGA7hRn4fvO2ptg2g5rHjH0eQ4fDI3Nhn_PuQ8thcAbSAt9jUU8VDnI83sU3SIiX8tuJxbbT6EcIe4WlAkpVfeZov87m-08r_b1iycYyN99JwvfABdaMr-Fl4nZxw50wb--XSZjJFF2qWZHBz0cI3VAFp2grGGxXaCrsxDbYYSvSX9yFSYfYjVuYNW7ZQPYOvzCCKbB3AwfuAsQWK9uMeJ-klWcj7lCQGR5dmxnw5sdyykd-jnyIU-V2pgCsAOQLR1EbvsI30TTk2nY9FSxfpujm38vK5DnNuwEzT-4iZpKoh4hruZTtKd1RagbGXCev03t-P8nkc9P-j5bIi32RndNCfpfbSLC4JT8yGlbFsUq9PefPcENQfPXGtjXqU3MJ-nqrFg0cfVJ=w1694-h1270-no

Lol I hope "mama" finds a different resort before we come next year. We visited the Poly for a tour last winter and the Oasis pool was "swimming" with ducks. :mad: They are not my favorite.

There were ducks in the lava pool when we were there 3 years ago. I love ducks but do not want duck poop in the pool yuck!

There are ducks in all the pools. I was at Beach Club and watched a Mama duck and her babies walk right under my lounge chair.

The ducks are here to stay. :)

There are ducks in all the pools. I was at Beach Club and watched a Mama duck and her babies walk right under my lounge chair.

Yes I know we were at the BC last June and there were ducks.

As mentioned above, here now and so happy with the choice of the Poly! :goodvibes It has been a great home base for us. Have eaten at Kona cafe twice, once for breakfast and once as a walk up at lunch. We checked out Trader Sam's around 9pm without a wait, watched the electric water pageant from the dock with plenty of seating, and lounged by the Oasis pool without certain feathery intruders. Those malasadas are amazing!
While we didn't get the building we requested (asked for Tokelau, we are in Pago Pago parking lot facing), it is fairly quiet and relaxing. Bonus it is super easy to walk to TTC from here.

Below is my moment of zen brought to you by the third floor stairwell of Pago Pago. :smooth:

s8yz1Iu3-H_PGlOhyxEPzIw_maivC1Z0fQPeKZt_9VUra_2BeWerYxP4FyEjKNkYH00-9NrnVESMtiyKP97FI0V4LXeFFULx8BAYLlv-EDzzzf8L3seKYgmrYNc5HXygUWSfGol3h2uC5YCSNKkAbDrzmbjVYNr1Rc7cnGHoJ9B-IqSzoPwkIOHuwHqr-IBKOn0HmoiUEYJhk9NcJ_S2pJZWKvQQ--6W-6eiu_SwtTGA7hRn4fvO2ptg2g5rHjH0eQ4fDI3Nhn_PuQ8thcAbSAt9jUU8VDnI83sU3SIiX8tuJxbbT6EcIe4WlAkpVfeZov87m-08r_b1iycYyN99JwvfABdaMr-Fl4nZxw50wb--XSZjJFF2qWZHBz0cI3VAFp2grGGxXaCrsxDbYYSvSX9yFSYfYjVuYNW7ZQPYOvzCCKbB3AwfuAsQWK9uMeJ-klWcj7lCQGR5dmxnw5sdyykd-jnyIU-V2pgCsAOQLR1EbvsI30TTk2nY9FSxfpujm38vK5DnNuwEzT-4iZpKoh4hruZTtKd1RagbGXCev03t-P8nkc9P-j5bIi32RndNCfpfbSLC4JT8yGlbFsUq9PefPcENQfPXGtjXqU3MJ-nqrFg0cfVJ=w1694-h1270-no
Your picture is not showing up :(

Lovely!! We're staying at the Poly for the first time next month and are staying in a DVC studio. I have been praying for no Pago Pago but it's good to hear it's not that bad!!

One more week and we'll be in our newest home away from home

Have a great trip! :yay:

We are staying from 12/21-12/30. I've been reading through the thread to glean as much information as possible. We're BC vets but are switching to the Poly this year for the first time. Thanks to all the Poly vets here who help so much with their knowledge and thanks to the other noobs for asking questions I haven't even thought of!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :goodvibes.

There are ducks in all the pools.

I agree. We've seen ducks in/around the pools of every resort we've stayed at ;).

Can't see your pic but sounds like you're having a great time so far!

How much was the cab and how early are they available ?

If I remember correctly none of our cab trips were more than $20. We stayed 4 nights at Poly then 3 at AKL and mostly used cabs at night and none of them were more than $20, even going all the way to AKL from MK.

I'm not the most tech savvy. I can see it on my phone, but sounds like I'm. The only one. I'll give it a try to fix it when I have access to a computer, sorry about that.

Just wanted to say I can see it, and it looks lovely! Hope you're having fun. :thumbsup2

Just back from a great stay at the Poly! We asked for high floor near main bldg. and got 3rd fl. Rarotonga. Loved all the greenery and watching the monarail. Turned out to be a great location for us. Enjoyed a nice dinner at Ohana. Only complaint was slow service in the beginning. Yes there were aggressive birds! We were walking on the dock one evening before sunset and saw a young lady with long curly hair attacked..bird briefly got tangled in her hair. It was creepy! I actually screamed and it wasn't even happening to me. She kept her composure. The new fireworks were awesome. Our son got several great shotsIMG_2848.JPG . Staff was amazing and front desk in particular very helpful.

Just back from a great stay at the Poly! We asked for high floor near main bldg. and got 3rd fl. Rarotonga. Loved all the greenery and watching the monarail. Turned out to be a great location for us. Enjoyed a nice dinner at Ohana. Only complaint was slow service in the beginning. Yes there were aggressive birds! We were walking on the dock one evening before sunset and saw a young lady with long curly hair attacked..bird briefly got tangled in her hair. It was creepy! I actually screamed and it wasn't even happening to me. She kept her composure. The new fireworks were awesome. Our son got several great shotsView attachment 237954 . Staff was amazing and front desk in particular very helpful.

That is a fantastic photo! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

Just back from a great stay at the Poly! We asked for high floor near main bldg. and got 3rd fl. Rarotonga. Loved all the greenery and watching the monarail. Turned out to be a great location for us. Enjoyed a nice dinner at Ohana. Only complaint was slow service in the beginning. Yes there were aggressive birds! We were walking on the dock one evening before sunset and saw a young lady with long curly hair attacked..bird briefly got tangled in her hair. It was creepy! I actually screamed and it wasn't even happening to me. She kept her composure. The new fireworks were awesome. Our son got several great shotsView attachment 237954 . Staff was amazing and front desk in particular very helpful.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :).

That is a fantastic photo! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

::yes::

There was what people thought was duck poop in the Oasis Pool when we were there on 5/9.

We didn't notice any aggressive birds at Poly we did see a mother with 8 ducklings walking between the Lava and Oasis pools around the astro turf area for movie viewing but she wasn't aggressive even when little kids got pretty close to her.

We were at the Poly 5/12 to 17..The aggressive birds we saw were on the dock near the Sea Raycers and farther along where you walk to catch the boat to MK. They looked like small crows. While eating outside Captain Cook we saw the baby ducks and Mama.. they were peaceful and cute.

Beautiful picture! Only hope we have some good luck with our upcoming first stay at the Poly!:tinker:

There was what people thought was duck poop in the Oasis Pool when we were there on 5/9.

We didn't notice any aggressive birds at Poly we did see a mother with 8 ducklings walking between the Lava and Oasis pools around the astro turf area for movie viewing but she wasn't aggressive even when little kids got pretty close to her.
Thank you for your reply

Yes I have been in the pool when they fly in and well you know do their business haha I was just worried about taking my son near the aggressive type birds he really loves birds and I wouldn't want to ruin that.

We stayed at the Poly during the week of May 8th. Those aggressive nesting bird signs are legit. On my morning run (~5:30am), one came flying out of nowhere (ironically near that sign, though) and scared me half to death! Luckily, it didn't make any physical contact. Also, they had to evacuate the pool on the Thursday that we were there. I'm not sure the reason because my boys were playing in the kiddie area at the time, but I did see this duck in the pool and the lifeguard was trying to coax it out--so maybe that was why?
IMG_7184.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter