Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the Poly mid-June. We haven't stayed there since 2009. If you are going to MK and you want to get there about 45 minutes before RD, do you take the resort monorail, walk to TTC and take monorail, or walk to TTC and take the ferry? Also, would there be an advantage now to taking resort monorail to Contemporary and walking to MK and going through the CR bag check? TIA!!!

Usually your best options are:

1) Resort monorail
2) Resort boat launch (not the TTC ferry, the smaller resort boat launch that picks up at the Poly boat dock)

I consider these more or less equal options. Walking to the TTC ferry would be a third/backup option but only in an extreme situation where neither the resort monorail or resort boat launch is available.

IMPORTANT NOTE - Paying attention to the resort monorail hours is CRITICAL. Hours can change from week to week and sometimes it might not be running that early. Make sure to pick up the Times Guide when there that covers your dates (they print a new one weekly). This is also a good website to check: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

As you can see, per this week's hours Monday and Tuesday the resort monorail doesn't start running until 8:30AM (9AM park opening), so not early enough to get there 45 mins prior.

While we're on the topic, just making sure you're aware of the new MK rope drop procedures?

Happy to answer any questions!

If you hop the first launch from the Poly dock, you will usually be in plenty of time for the open show.

My kids preferred the boat in the morning.

First of all, my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere…I did try to skim through the opening pages of this thread but ran out of steam :) I understand that several renovations to the resort were undertaken in 2014/2015 when they added DVC. However, I was wondering if someone could tell me when rooms in the non-DVC longhouses were last renovated. I could probably find this info elsewhere but thought that I would ask the experts here first :) Thanks in advance for any info!!

Can you order a pizza delivered to the room? Not from an outside company - I mean from the Poly. And if you can is it regular pizza not the flatbread? Thanks!

Just booked Poly for August 22-30, first time staying Poly as well as deluxe. So excited!!!

Congrats on your first deluxe & Poly stay, you're going to love it! :goodvibes

First of all, my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere…I did try to skim through the opening pages of this thread but ran out of steam :) I understand that several renovations to the resort were undertaken in 2014/2015 when they added DVC. However, I was wondering if someone could tell me when rooms in the non-DVC longhouses were last renovated. I could probably find this info elsewhere but thought that I would ask the experts here first :) Thanks in advance for any info!!

If I remember correctly, the non-DVC rooms were renovated in 2013 :).

Can you order a pizza delivered to the room? Not from an outside company - I mean from the Poly. And if you can is it regular pizza not the flatbread? Thanks!

You can order pizza from the room service menu. I assume this is the flatbread type pizza they serve in Captain Cooks but I DON'T know that for sure. Here's a pic from the dining menu in the room. Let me know if not legible and I'll try to get a better pic.

IMG_4650.JPG

Dvc question here..If mousekeeping only replaces towels on day 4 does that mean that you are given 4 days of towels on day 1 ? It grosses me out to think of using a washcloth more than once.
In your one set you will have multiple towels, hand towels, and wash clothes. The least is the body towels.

Basically, Poly DVC has two booking categories: Standard and Lake. Lake View is one side of Moorea, all three floors. Everything at Tokelau and Pago Pago, and then the back of Moorea, is SV.

There are a handful of rooms at Tokelau with side-on views of the castle. So everyone asks for those. Some of Tokelau is a pool view, too.
The front side of Pago Pago is one of the only true "parking lot" views at ALL of Poly.

So, in some respects, this is a categorization issue by Disney. They probably should have made the front of Pago Pago some form of "Standard View," then Tokelau and the back of Moorea and Pago Pago "Garden/Preferred." Because they didn't, Tokelau is the most popular request, but since only 2/5 of the SV rooms are there and DVC runs 95%+ booked... well, you see the issue, maybe.

I really wish they'd fix this. The parking lot rooms should be fewer points than the other gorgeous garden views. I might also add some of the Tokelau rooms that face the back of the pool building to the standard category, though I don't feel quite as strongly about those. I'd also consider adding some of the first floor Moorea rooms that face bungalows to the Garden/Preferred category (instead of Lake view), and adding a few of the prime Tokelau rooms to the Lake view category. Not holding my breath that this will ever change though.

I really wish they'd fix this. The parking lot rooms should be fewer points than the other gorgeous garden views. I might also add some of the Tokelau rooms that face the back of the pool building to the standard category, though I don't feel quite as strongly about those. I'd also consider adding some of the first floor Moorea rooms that face bungalows to the Garden/Preferred category (instead of Lake view), and adding a few of the prime Tokelau rooms to the Lake view category. Not holding my breath that this will ever change though.
It might... but not until they sell through. They won't realign points while in active sales.

It might... but not until they sell through. They won't realign points while in active sales.

That has occurred to me. My fingers are crossed, even if my breath isn't held. :) If they sell too many fixed week rooms in Lake View for any given week, that might mean they can't reduce the number of Lake view rooms, but I have no idea if any week is even close to approaching the limit. In any case, I think it would be great to see the parking lot rooms priced appropriately.

That has occurred to me. My fingers are crossed, even if my breath isn't held. :) If they sell too many fixed week rooms in Lake View for any given week, that might mean they can't reduce the number of Lake view rooms, but I have no idea if any week is even close to approaching the limit. In any case, I think it would be great to see the parking lot rooms priced appropriately.
My understanding is that maybe 1-2 weeks are at/near limit, but my information is not complete and I haven't researched heavily because I don't care enough. I also don't know if they're Lake or Standard.

We are going to be staying at the Poly for our first ever trip to Disney. I'm so excited! I have a few questions. I have heard that you can send in room requests on touring plans. How can you do that and how far ahead should I be doing so? We just got the standard view. But I would love a balcony. Can I request that? And what house should I request? I really wanted a room with a view but nothing other than standard view was available. Thanks for anyone answering my questions.

We are going to be staying at the Poly for our first ever trip to Disney. I'm so excited! I have a few questions. I have heard that you can send in room requests on touring plans. How can you do that and how far ahead should I be doing so? We just got the standard view. But I would love a balcony. Can I request that? And what house should I request? I really wanted a room with a view but nothing other than standard view was available. Thanks for anyone answering my questions.

HI - if you are member you can do a room a request - they will fax it for you 5 days before your trip. You go to the site and it will have the option of configuring your room request - which brings you to a page where they have all the buildings and pictures of the views. You plug in the info you want, it will show you a sample room view, pick the one you like and voila! Your room request is configured. :)

Balconies are 3rd floors only I think. I picked Fiji for my October trip. Samoa is also popular. And obviously, nothing is guaranteed. :)

No rules against it, they'll let you do it. I have seen it done, including twice last weekend when I was there.

I have seen it done respectfully by guests, and I have seen where a giant group pretty much takes over the lounge and creates a huge mess with their plates, trash, etc.

I have seen people clean up on their own and I have seen people leave a total disaster for the CL CM's to clean up. My personal opinion is I think it's rude to leave a mess for the CL CM's to clean up - that's not their job. Lounge offerings, yes, your personal room service, no. But others may have a different view.

My opinion is that it works best after the evening app service (after 7pm) when the lounge is quieter.

The third floor area is also a great option if you're trying to be a bit out of the way of other guests.

Does that answer your question? Probably more than you asked for, sorry!

Perfect! Thank you!!

They were all redone in 2013. Our first stay at Poly was April 2013, during the renovations.

I'm so so excited for our upcoming stay in April at the Polynesian! It's for our first wedding anniversary and I couldn't be more thrilled to stay there. My husband and I are usually the type to stay in the parks all day, but this time, we're specifically carving out time to take breaks back at the hotel to go to the pool, take a nap, hang out at the Tiki Terrace, etc. However, I can't decide what to request for our online check in! We booked a garden view. I definitely want the third floor balcony. We'd prefer a king bed since it's just the two of us, but not fussed either way (I'll call WDW to request that though). It seems that Samoa and Raratonga are our choices. I'm leaning toward Samoa, but does it get too noisy since it's right between the two pools?

Also, when I call to request the king bed, should I also say that it's our anniversary? I know I shouldn't expect anything, but I figure it can hurt to add that tidbit to our reservation!
You will love taking time at the hotel. We have stayed at the Poly the last several years, but last year was the first time we actually took some scheduled resort time. It was heavenly. We spent several afternoons at the Oasis Pool.

We always request a King room and have always gotten it. We really like Rarotonga and have stayed there on all our trips. The convenience to the Oasis Pool, Main building and bus stops can't be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter