Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of changing my current standard room reservation to a dvc rental. Pro's- about 1300 cheaper. Cons- having to wash towels daily. Any other suggestions?
1. Have you confirmed a studio is available on points for your dates with a person or broker who has points for use for those dates at Poly? Requests for Poly bookings in the 11 month window have overwhelmed brokers and most people trying to book will not get them.

2. Buy a daily towel pack. I forget the cost. Depending on length of stay, if a rental is available for your dates, it is likely less than your savings.

1. Have you confirmed a studio is available on points for your dates with a person or broker who has points for use for those dates at Poly? Requests for Poly bookings in the 11 month window have overwhelmed brokers and most people trying to book will not get them.

2. Buy a daily towel pack. I forget the cost. Depending on length of stay, if a rental is available for your dates, it is likely less than your savings.
Yes I have been given a quote by a reputable broker. I just thought I would compare prices of standard room vs dvc to see if it was worth switching.
I suppose I could bring washcloths or a shower scrub from home to use. I wonder how many towels you get on day 1?

I suppose I could bring washcloths or a shower scrub from home to use. I wonder how many towels you get on day 1?

One "trick" we used in Europe (where washcloths typically don't exist at B&Bs and smaller hotels) was to bring a stack of old washcloths from home and discard each day after use.

Hello! Our "home" resort so to speak is POR - but this year I am doing a girls only trip with my daughters, and we have so many Visa Points saved up I want to surprise them with a trip to the Polynesian!! SO excited, and will surprise the girls with this. I am thinking since the resort is so gorgeous, we will just come in the afternoon and spend the rest of the travel day at the resort enjoying 'Ohana for dinner and fireworks on the beach . . . so blissful just thinking about it! We have visited the resort many times for meals, but have never stayed and I don't want to miss the Torch Lighting ceremony we've heard so much about, so I came to ask when and where this happens. What time should we make our 'Ohana reservation for if we don't want to miss the Torch Lighting or rush over after it's done. I am planning on just a leisurely evening at the resort, and hope to be beachside for the fireworks so I don't care about trying to coordinate a dining time with watching from the restaurant, or rushing back to the park. Thank so much!

We are booked for 7/2-7/9 standard view studio for both the 4th of July and my birthday! Poly has always been my bucket list AND we have a cabana booked for July 3rd. Our question is: where is the best place to watch 4th of July fireworks? We are trying to avoid going into MK that night and since TOTWL isn't open to nonBLT dvc for those dates, we just want to stay at Poly.

Thanks!

We'll be in a DVC studio in early May and I'm really enjoying reading through this thread.

I have a question about the kids spray park: does it have its own fence or is it within the fence line for the main pool? Just trying to figure out how hard it will be to corral my 2 year old son:D

Just changed my PolyCL with a GV to CL with a TPV. Never thought I would ever be able to do it. Sooo excited!!

Question - are there still tpv rooms on first floor with the bungalows there? I am hoping with fingers crossed for a third floor.

I was told by a Poly CL CM that the first floor rooms at Hawaii are Lagoon View rooms because the bungalows block the view of MK! So if you get TPV it should be a higher floor.

But, that being said, there was a gap between bungalows and we just moved our patio chairs over about 5 feet and had a perfect view of the fireworks!

We'll be in a DVC studio in early May and I'm really enjoying reading through this thread.

I have a question about the kids spray park: does it have its own fence or is it within the fence line for the main pool? Just trying to figure out how hard it will be to corral my 2 year old son:D
It's within the fence line for the Lava Pool.

This might be one of these "it's always been like that" situations but I have a small gripe. The last three nights Wishes has been at 9pm, which is also when the Electrical Water Pageant runs in front of Poly. In all of my Poly stays I guess I've never been here with a 9pm Wishes or have been out and not noticed this. The water pageant still runs during Wishes, just no audio. Seems pretty silly (and bad show!) for them to run it that way??? Why not just wait 15 minutes?

Last edited:
This might be one of these "it's always been like that" situations but I have a small gripe. The last three nights Wishes has been a 9pm, which is also when the Electrial Water Pageant runs in front of Poly. In all of my Poly stays I guess I've never been here with a 9pm Wishes or have been out and not noticed this. The water pageant still runs during Wishes, just no audio. Seems pretty silly (and bad show!) for them to run it that way??? Why not just wait 15 minutes?

It seems they are planning on making a change to correct this. I had added the times for the Water Pageant from the Poly to our MDE itinerary for our trip in May and when I signed on tonight it told me there had been a time change and it's now showing on my itinerary for 8:50 pm instead of 9. Glad they are resolving it because my kids would be really disappointed not hearing the audio for the water pageant!

This might be one of these "it's always been like that" situations but I have a small gripe. The last three nights Wishes has been a 9pm, which is also when the Electrial Water Pageant runs in front of Poly. In all of my Poly stays I guess I've never been here with a 9pm Wishes or have been out and not noticed this. The water pageant still runs during Wishes, just no audio. Seems pretty silly (and bad show!) for them to run it that way??? Why not just wait 15 minutes?

Oh man! That would annoy me too!

Hello. I have made reservations for Poly Club Level Aug 2nd through 5th. I see there is a dessert/cordial offering in the evening. What kind of cordials do they serve? Have any of you made mixed cocktails with the alcohol provided? If so, what are your recipes?

Happy to say that we are luckily returning to the Polynesian this year! We had actually booked a FD bounceback at the end of our visit last year with plans to stay at POR in December 2017. My in laws are celebrating a BIG anniversary this year and wanted to celebrate in WDW, so our plans have been changed and we will be celebrating this July at the Poly!!! So excited to return for this special celebration at our new favorite resort!

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Just changed my PolyCL with a GV to CL with a TPV. Never thought I would ever be able to do it. Sooo excited!!

How exciting! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Hello! Our "home" resort so to speak is POR - but this year I am doing a girls only trip with my daughters, and we have so many Visa Points saved up I want to surprise them with a trip to the Polynesian!! SO excited, and will surprise the girls with this. I am thinking since the resort is so gorgeous, we will just come in the afternoon and spend the rest of the travel day at the resort enjoying 'Ohana for dinner and fireworks on the beach . . . so blissful just thinking about it! We have visited the resort many times for meals, but have never stayed and I don't want to miss the Torch Lighting ceremony we've heard so much about, so I came to ask when and where this happens. What time should we make our 'Ohana reservation for if we don't want to miss the Torch Lighting or rush over after it's done. I am planning on just a leisurely evening at the resort, and hope to be beachside for the fireworks so I don't care about trying to coordinate a dining time with watching from the restaurant, or rushing back to the park. Thank so much!

Sounds like a great mother/daughters trip! I can't answer about the torch lighting ceremony, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

We are booked for 7/2-7/9 standard view studio for both the 4th of July and my birthday! Poly has always been my bucket list AND we have a cabana booked for July 3rd. Our question is: where is the best place to watch 4th of July fireworks? We are trying to avoid going into MK that night and since TOTWL isn't open to nonBLT dvc for those dates, we just want to stay at Poly.

Thanks!

I think the beach is the best place to watch :wizard:.

Hope you have a great trip :).

Hello. I have made reservations for Poly Club Level Aug 2nd through 5th. I see there is a dessert/cordial offering in the evening. What kind of cordials do they serve? Have any of you made mixed cocktails with the alcohol provided? If so, what are your recipes?

I can't answer about the desserts/cordials, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy Poly CL :goodvibes.

With the new opening it's not as congested as before. If you want to be earlish 8;30 will work. You will be to MK and through security and gates with time to spare. You now get to walk around Main Street and up to the hub until opening.

At poly I don't ever go to mono before 8;15 for a 9 am. 8;20 -8;30 we leave the room to head for it. We are fast walkers. Also for buses I like to be at the stop by 8:15-8:20 for a 9am park opening. That way I either just catch a bus or have time for the next one and get there on time.

If we wanted to be at MK when they start to let people onto Main Street (8am for a 9am opening) is this doable using,the monorail or the boat??? Neither or Both????

First time at the Poly coming up so tyvm!!

If we wanted to be at MK when they start to let people onto Main Street (8am for a 9am opening) is this doable using,the monorail or the boat??? Neither or Both????

First time at the Poly coming up so tyvm!!
The transportation is always changing. Last I was there mono didn't start until 8;30. Ask at the check in desk for a schedule. Boats and buses should start earlier for people to get to their ADRs. I never go that early so don't have exact details.

Oh our first trip alone was fun. It's nice not trying to please the kids and choose what you want for a change, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter