Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Skywise

Skywise DIS Veteran

Ahh... 3506. I recognize the twin palm trees view. :D

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  2. JennLTX

JennLTX Earning My Ears

Oh well, it's definitely NOT a big deal. I think I was more bothered by the dismissive comment about our fabulous view of Wishes than any of the noise. :teeth:

3. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

I think the ones that don't connect are all next to the units that got converted to mousekeeping supply closets, so there is also that.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Home is AKV&BLT

Ugh that would not be good. Had that room next to the service entrance in the Hawaii building learned my lesson there. Boy that was forever ago....

6. Bobb_o

Bobb_o Mouseketeer

I have questions about rope dropping from the Poly:

1. For Magic Kingdom I believe the earliest way is the resort route which starts earlier than the TTC route right?
    2. For Epcot it would be the TTC to Epcot route 1 hour before opening right?
    3. DHS and AK are just buses correct?
    4. Is it an option to take buses to MK or EP and is that better than taking the monorail?

Thanks!

7. _auroraborealis_

1. Usually, yes. We were able to RD using the boat, though!

2. Yes.

3. Shared with GF buses.

4. Not an option, generally.

BigMommaMouse likes this.
  8. schalliol

schalliol Mouseketeer

Looking forward to our stay in Poly in early April (TPV). I just thought I'd send a tip that those staying 4 nights in a higher tier room might want to do what we did and get the Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free (almost a thousand bucks savings during our weekend night). You can search the forum for another post I made on this or PM me. Anyone with a suite should definitely look into it.

FWIW, I have no relationship with Citi and will probably convert it to a Costco Card since I have an equivalent card to the new Chase Sapphire Reserve and typically spent LOTS less on hotel rooms since we don't frequent Disney.

trishadono likes this.
  9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Have a great time! :cool1::banana::yay:

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

schalliol likes this.
  10. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Home is AKV&BLT

Has anyone ever ordered the Twilight Feast from dining and had it by the pool?

11. Amyburdick

Amyburdick Earning My Ears

Dvc question here..If mousekeeping only replaces towels on day 4 does that mean that you are given 4 days of towels on day 1 ? It grosses me out to think of using a washcloth more than once.

12. Neelloc

Neelloc In the tiki tiki tiki tiki room!

Yes, we did when we were there in August. We had placed an order for in room dining for the Twilight Feast and then went to the Oasis Pool and snagged a cabana. Called private dining back and asked them to deliver it to the cabana instead. Only difference was that everything was packed in disposable containers and we were given disposable plates and cutlery. Wonderful way to enjoy the feast!

trishadono likes this.
  13. chiisai

chiisai i am satisfied with my care

Sounds delightful!!!

Neelloc likes this.
  14. Neelloc

Neelloc In the tiki tiki tiki tiki room!

Happy to say that we are luckily returning to the Polynesian this year! We had actually booked a FD bounceback at the end of our visit last year with plans to stay at POR in December 2017. My in laws are celebrating a BIG anniversary this year and wanted to celebrate in WDW, so our plans have been changed and we will be celebrating this July at the Poly!!! So excited to return for this special celebration at our new favorite resort!

15. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

I had never heard of this, but now i'm totally intrigued!

Cluelyss and trishadono like this.
  16. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

Just changed my PolyCL with a GV to CL with a TPV. Never thought I would ever be able to do it. Sooo excited!!

Question - are there still tpv rooms on first floor with the bungalows there? I am hoping with fingers crossed for a third floor.

mickeynut1 likes this.
  17. _auroraborealis_

No. You get one set of towels for the room, and you have laundry access. With DVC, you do not get piles and piles of towels in one stop to cover multiple days. You get the one set.

18. Amyburdick

Thank you for answering my question!

19. Amyburdick

I was thinking of changing my current standard room reservation to a dvc rental. Pro's- about 1300 cheaper. Cons- having to wash towels daily. Any other suggestions?

20. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Home is AKV&BLT

Exactly what I wanted to plan, thank you so much.

21. _auroraborealis_

1. Have you confirmed a studio is available on points for your dates with a person or broker who has points for use for those dates at Poly? Requests for Poly bookings in the 11 month window have overwhelmed brokers and most people trying to book will not get them.

2. Buy a daily towel pack. I forget the cost. Depending on length of stay, if a rental is available for your dates, it is likely less than your savings.