Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is pretty much NOTHING to be nervous about booking TPV at Poly! This view is from a Hawaii club level TPV room, but a regular TPV room will be generally similar (to the left of this over towards the Poly boat dock you see).

Poly TPV rooms are great for fireworks viewing as well. I'd argue better than CR since you have a head on view (but CR is great as well). One difference.... at CR you can play the music on the TV in your room so you get the full effect. You can't do that at Poly, so are dependent on the ambient music playing at the resort (which may/may not be audible from your room). That's the only minor nit.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 219600

Ahh... 3506. I recognize the twin palm trees view. :D

Oh well, it's definitely NOT a big deal. I think I was more bothered by the dismissive comment about our fabulous view of Wishes than any of the noise. :teeth:
I think the ones that don't connect are all next to the units that got converted to mousekeeping supply closets, so there is also that.

I think the ones that don't connect are all next to the units that got converted to mousekeeping supply closets, so there is also that.

Ugh that would not be good. Had that room next to the service entrance in the Hawaii building learned my lesson there. Boy that was forever ago....

I have questions about rope dropping from the Poly:

1. For Magic Kingdom I believe the earliest way is the resort route which starts earlier than the TTC route right?
2. For Epcot it would be the TTC to Epcot route 1 hour before opening right?
3. DHS and AK are just buses correct?
4. Is it an option to take buses to MK or EP and is that better than taking the monorail?

Thanks!

Looking forward to our stay in Poly in early April (TPV). I just thought I'd send a tip that those staying 4 nights in a higher tier room might want to do what we did and get the Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free (almost a thousand bucks savings during our weekend night). You can search the forum for another post I made on this or PM me. Anyone with a suite should definitely look into it.

FWIW, I have no relationship with Citi and will probably convert it to a Costco Card since I have an equivalent card to the new Chase Sapphire Reserve and typically spent LOTS less on hotel rooms since we don't frequent Disney.

single digit dance! :dogdance::dancer::mickeyjum

Have a great time! :cool1::banana::yay:

Looking forward to our stay in Poly in early April (TPV). I just thought I'd send a tip that those staying 4 nights in a higher tier room might want to do what we did and get the Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free (almost a thousand bucks savings during our weekend night). You can search the forum for another post I made on this or PM me. Anyone with a suite should definitely look into it.

FWIW, I have no relationship with Citi and will probably convert it to a Costco Card since I have an equivalent card to the new Chase Sapphire Reserve and typically spent LOTS less on hotel rooms since we don't frequent Disney.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Dvc question here..If mousekeeping only replaces towels on day 4 does that mean that you are given 4 days of towels on day 1 ? It grosses me out to think of using a washcloth more than once.

Has anyone ever ordered the Twilight Feast from dining and had it by the pool?

Yes, we did when we were there in August. We had placed an order for in room dining for the Twilight Feast and then went to the Oasis Pool and snagged a cabana. Called private dining back and asked them to deliver it to the cabana instead. Only difference was that everything was packed in disposable containers and we were given disposable plates and cutlery. Wonderful way to enjoy the feast!

Yes, we did when we were there in August. We had placed an order for in room dining for the Twilight Feast and then went to the Oasis Pool and snagged a cabana. Called private dining back and asked them to deliver it to the cabana instead. Only difference was that everything was packed in disposable containers and we were given disposable plates and cutlery. Wonderful way to enjoy the feast!

Sounds delightful!!!

Happy to say that we are luckily returning to the Polynesian this year! We had actually booked a FD bounceback at the end of our visit last year with plans to stay at POR in December 2017. My in laws are celebrating a BIG anniversary this year and wanted to celebrate in WDW, so our plans have been changed and we will be celebrating this July at the Poly!!! So excited to return for this special celebration at our new favorite resort!

Has anyone ever ordered the Twilight Feast from dining and had it by the pool?

I had never heard of this, but now i'm totally intrigued!

Just changed my PolyCL with a GV to CL with a TPV. Never thought I would ever be able to do it. Sooo excited!!

Question - are there still tpv rooms on first floor with the bungalows there? I am hoping with fingers crossed for a third floor.

Dvc question here..If mousekeeping only replaces towels on day 4 does that mean that you are given 4 days of towels on day 1 ? It grosses me out to think of using a washcloth more than once.
No. You get one set of towels for the room, and you have laundry access. With DVC, you do not get piles and piles of towels in one stop to cover multiple days. You get the one set.

Exactly what I wanted to plan, thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter