• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

For my coming trip I’m considering switching and a room at Poly in club level became available. Are all club level rooms in the Hawaii building? I wouldn’t want to be near the construction. I’m not sure if it’s worth the switch I currently have a one bedroom villa at the boardwalk. But with a toddler thought being closer to magic kingdom would be better
Yes, unless you booked a suite.

Maybe write a note for the guard telling them about the surprise and hand it to them when arriving.
We got back home Sunday but I wanted to come back and tell you that this worked perfectly. The guard was awesome about it and we were able to wait until we were inside to tell them. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Last edited:
Staying at the Poly next week and was looking at my reservations and just noticed this…. Now I don’t feel bad for not knowing if it is ‘Ohana or ‘Ohana’s—apparently even Disney doesn’t know!!!!
The Dinner is so bad they don’t want to be associated with it anymore. So it not Ohana’s.

Just got off the phone with my TA and we booked a DVC studio for May just to be safe as far as avoiding construction noise. thanks for the tip on availability @trishadono

TA actually said availability on both sides of the resort is wide open now, much more so than a month ago. She suspects word of the extent of the construction might be getting out. I just hope that means we will see discounts.

Just got off the phone with my TA and we booked a DVC studio for May just to be safe as far as avoiding construction noise. thanks for the tip on availability @trishadono

TA actually said availability on both sides of the resort is wide open now, much more so than a month ago. She suspects word of the extent of the construction might be getting out. I just hope that means we will see discounts.

Oh good news!

I‘ve only stayed in one a few times but I like the mini lobbies on each floor with seating, coffee pot, guaranteed balcony and 2 bathrooms! Oh and now the 2nd bed is a Murphy bed which is better than a pull out.

🤞🏻for discounts!

Oh good news!

I‘ve only stayed in one a few times but I like the mini lobbies on each floor with seating, coffee pot, guaranteed balcony and 2 bathrooms! Oh and now the 2nd bed is a Murphy bed which is better than a pull out.

🤞🏻for discounts!

I’ve been watching room tours on YouTube. Really like the layout since it’s just two of us. Having extra seating instead of another bed is nice. Which building is best do you think for a standard studio?

Interesting, I’ve been checking regularly to possibly change my room category (have a standard hotel side now) and nothing. But this is for April break so a much busier time. I’m so worried about getting a construction view!! I really don’t think I’d like it, especially for the rack rate cost. Ugh.

I’ve been watching room tours on YouTube. Really like the layout since it’s just two of us. Having extra seating instead of another bed is nice. Which building is best do you think for a standard studio?
My last 2 were Moorea. Tokelau is the best but most requested( central location) The Pago you could get parking lot view. However if you drive it would be more convenient. Me I don’t really have a preference, I prefer 1st available over building. However if a long trip it may be worth requesting . It’s so nice not to worry about a balcony!

DD begged for a mono for NYE. Nope I have your wedding next year I am sticking with my budget. (That’s a 1st😅).

So now I’m paying for 2 nights at Poly 12/30-1/1 and SHE is paying for our last 2 nights at CSR. 👍I spent the same for 2 nights Poly as 4 CSR but if she picks up the difference I’d rather be at poly too!

Only available is pool/marina but with construction that may work.I’ll keep looking because with 3 of us I’d rather dvc studio with extra bath.

Tokelau is the best location (in my opinion) for standard studios. Moorea has half standard and half lake view and Pago Pago could have parking lot views. Tokelau's location is tops!!!!

Interesting, I’ve been checking regularly to possibly change my room category (have a standard hotel side now) and nothing. But this is for April break so a much busier time. I’m so worried about getting a construction view!! I really don’t think I’d like it, especially for the rack rate cost. Ugh.

We are going at the end of May for my birthday (we arrive the day before Memorial Day). I wouldn’t give up hope as you get closer to your dates.

View attachment 722214

View from Tokelau 3913. If you looked to the right, you could see part of the castle.
THIS is what makes Tokelau standard view great (on top of location within Poly)... you can get fireworks if you have the right room!

I have only stayed in PVB 2x and both rooms were in Pago Pago. At least the rooms were resort facing rather than parking lot view.

My last 2 were Moorea. Tokelau is the best but most requested( central location) The Pago you could get parking lot view. However if you drive it would be more convenient. Me I don’t really have a preference, I prefer 1st available over building. However if a long trip it may be worth requesting . It’s so nice not to worry about a balcony!

DD begged for a mono for NYE. Nope I have your wedding next year I am sticking with my budget. (That’s a 1st😅).

So now I’m paying for 2 nights at Poly 12/30-1/1 and SHE is paying for our last 2 nights at CSR. 👍I spent the same for 2 nights Poly as 4 CSR but if she picks up the difference I’d rather be at poly too!

Only available is pool/marina but with construction that may work.I’ll keep looking because with 3 of us I’d rather dvc studio with extra bath.
Kept checking have studio! I thinking it’s good for 3 adults with a guy in our mix this trip.

LV CL popped up this morning but it’s $1000 more for 2 nights. Eh we can bar hop instead. 🍷🥃🍸🍹🐇🐇🐇🐇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter