Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Advice please! Family of 4 (kids 7/4) going thanksgiving week. We have a studio villa now, we stayed there last time. Debating moving to club level-is it worth it? The studio 2nd bathroom isn’t super helpful without a second toilet, and we won’t be cooking in the room so the kitchenette isn’t helpful. Have you stayed at both? Is it easier to be club? Less walking to get around? Is construction noise a pro or con in either?

Thank you for any opinions!

Advice please! Family of 4 (kids 7/4) going thanksgiving week. We have a studio villa now, we stayed there last time. Debating moving to club level-is it worth it? The studio 2nd bathroom isn’t super helpful without a second toilet, and we won’t be cooking in the room so the kitchenette isn’t helpful. Have you stayed at both? Is it easier to be club? Less walking to get around? Is construction noise a pro or con in either?

Thank you for any opinions!
Construction noise is utterly a non factor on that side of the resort.

I just reserved a Poolside Patio this morning but it is not showing up in MDE and I did not receive a confirmation email. I was given a confirmation number on the phone but the CM did say it should show up in MDE. Google is now telling me otherwise so just curious for those that have done patio/cabana rentals has in shown up in your MDE?

I just reserved a Poolside Patio this morning but it is not showing up in MDE and I did not receive a confirmation email. I was given a confirmation number on the phone but the CM did say it should show up in MDE. Google is now telling me otherwise so just curious for those that have done patio/cabana rentals has in shown up in your MDE?

Systems can always change but if I remember correctly things like cabanas/patios require a manual entry into MDE by you or the CM. I’ve had some CMs add it and others don’t, and have seen reports over the years of a CM saying one thing and reality being another. I think it’s a level of detail/reservation connectivity within Disney’s clunky systems that most phone CMs likely don’t have experience with and they think what they are telling you is accurate, but it’s not.

So said another way, I wouldn’t worry about it not showing up in your MDE plans assuming you

Last edited:
Systems can always change but if I remember correctly things like cabanas/patios require a manual entry into MDE by you or the CM. I’ve had some CMs add it and others don’t, and have seen reports over the years of a CM saying one thing and reality being another. I think it’s a level of detail/reservation connectivity within Disney’s clunky systems that most phone CMs likely don’t have experience with and they think what they are telling you is accurate, but it’s not.

So said another way, I wouldn’t worry about it not showing up in your MDE plans assuming you

Thank you! It would definitely make me fell better to see something in writing but I'll try not to stress. I've got a confirmation number and a pending charge on my credit card so I guess all is well!

Thank you! It would definitely make me fell better to see something in writing but I'll try not to stress. I've got a confirmation number and a pending charge on my credit card so I guess all is well!

Yeah, if you have those, you’ll be good.

BTW, pretty common question around here so many others have been in your same situation.

Enjoy your patio!

Yeah, if you have those, you’ll be good.

BTW, pretty common question around here so many others have been in your same situation.

Enjoy your patio!
Thank you! I am so excited to get it booked! I was surprised when I called this morning that I apparently got the last one for our day. Thank goodness I called as soon as I could!

2 Queen room. Not sure Samoa has any Kings
Samoa had kings prior to room the Moana room Reno so I’m always in the hunt for a king room. We’ll def request one tho!🌺
You won’t and it won’t show up BUT you can call them again and ask them to “make a notation” on your MDE. That way you’ll have something to remind you let you forget when you pool day will be. Doubtful you can forget that tho!!!! ☀️🏝️😎🍹🍹🍹🍹

Aloha!🌺

Last edited:
I recently booked and the CM added mine, but that has never happened before. It was very nice though. We've booked many times and just added our days and confirmation numbers into our plans in MDE and had no issues. Have fun. The patios are so nice.

I’m quite sure it’s been addressed here somewhere but it’s 151 pages 🫤
What does one do to get a Villa at the Polynesian ?
First born child?

I’m quite sure it’s been addressed here somewhere but it’s 151 pages 🫤
What does one do to get a Villa at the Polynesian ?
First born child?
Being totally serious-if you go to French Polynesia or the Maldives instead for that experience you'll come out cheaper which is absurd but true. We had an overwater villa in the Maldives for 8 nights and the rack rate was less than 3 nights in an overwater villa at the Poly. And we actually used Marriott points so in reality we paid $50/night in cash+points! Our entire Maldives vacation was less than our upcoming DCL cruise and Poly stay which is totally ridiculous!

Being totally serious-if you go to French Polynesia or the Maldives instead for that experience you'll come out cheaper which is absurd but true. We had an overwater villa in the Maldives for 8 nights and the rack rate was less than 3 nights in an overwater villa at the Poly. And we actually used Marriott points so in reality we paid $50/night in cash+points! Our entire Maldives vacation was less than our upcoming DCL cruise and Poly stay which is totally ridiculous!
I get that l.I’ve been perusing the Maldives and French Polynesia also but it’s the long long flights that deter me to be honest. But if it’s an overwater villa I agree, much better to do the real thing! Appreciate the insight 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter