Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

What's the current construction scene look like there? Is it still a mess? I'm doing an extra night at the end of May and currently have Wilderness Lodge but am considering switching over.
Std view would be a mess. Pool/water , TPV should be ok. They are using std rooms with construction views. We visited poly a few times last week and I could see people on balconies with view of dirt…..

Std view would be a mess. Pool/water , TPV should be ok. They are using std rooms with construction views. We visited poly a few times last week and I could see people on balconies with view of dirt…..
Our TA straight up told us she wasn’t booking std for anyone because of it. We originally had a studio but when the villas were excluded from the discounts we switched to pool/marina. We requested Samoa mostly for location but also Fiji might have construction noise during the day and we are midday break people.

I'm going to try to get over there - I love that gift shop in any case! My son starts his Disney College Program and we're going down this week a few days early to do Disney stuff before moving him in. :)
Good luck to your son in his DCP! Does he have his role & location yet? My daughter did the DCP in 2020 at Oga's Cantina in SWGE, got sent home due to Covid, finished college remotely, went back to the same role/location post-Covid and is still there, now as a FT CM at the Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. She's loving life.

Good luck to your son in his DCP! Does he have his role & location yet? My daughter did the DCP in 2020 at Oga's Cantina in SWGE, got sent home due to Covid, finished college remotely, went back to the same role/location post-Covid and is still there, now as a FT CM at the Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. She's loving life.
Wow Olgas! That sounds like a cool place to work! I'm sorry it was cut short but it sounds like she was able to go back and do something she is loving - that's awesome! He does have his role - which is "attractions" in DHS - and I think will be Indiana Jones and whatever's around that area. He is excited that he got a role in the parks which is what he wanted. I think he may be helping out for evening shows (Fantasmic I'd guess - no other parades or fireworks at DHS right now that I know of). He is still in college (he graduated h.s. when covid started). I'm hoping he loves it as much as your daughter! I've bought an annual pass and plan to visit often - I have 2 trips booked already haha!

Wow Olgas! That sounds like a cool place to work! I'm sorry it was cut short but it sounds like she was able to go back and do something she is loving - that's awesome! He does have his role - which is "attractions" in DHS - and I think will be Indiana Jones and whatever's around that area. He is excited that he got a role in the parks which is what he wanted. I think he may be helping out for evening shows (Fantasmic I'd guess - no other parades or fireworks at DHS right now that I know of). He is still in college (he graduated h.s. when covid started). I'm hoping he loves it as much as your daughter! I've bought an annual pass and plan to visit often - I have 2 trips booked already haha!
Hey, that sounds like a great role & location! Congrats and good luck to him, and have fun with your AP and travel! Visiting the DCP / CM's while on a WDW trip makes it that much more fun!

My DSon (yes taught him well); made his own Poly music loop. He had to remove one song to avoid being taken down but it's pretty much there

Enjoy my follow PolyPeeps:

Excellent job. The Polynesian is one of my favorite Disney loops. I love that he listed the artist and song titles. Hukilau song always transports me back to Polynesian or Aulani.

Just received an email from Disney regarding my august stay

Dear Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are making some changes to our resort room type names in order to make it simpler for you to choose the room you want in the future. Please note that your plans in My Disney Experience may now show your upcoming resort room type has been renamed, however you will still receive the exact room type you originally booked. There is no additional action required prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming visit and wish you a magical stay!”

I noticed the room name change on disneys site from standard view to resort view. I wonder if this means people will no longer get a construction view?

I noticed the room name change on disneys site from standard view to resort view. I wonder if this means people will no longer get a construction view?
Sorry but Disney is just reducing the "views" to Resort, Water, and Theme Park for the Deluxe Resorts. The Construction view will still be available until some time in 2024 as the DVC Tower gets closer to completion time in late 2024.

Here is thread with all the discussion: https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-resort-room-type-names.3919136/

Dave

Hi everyone.
We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in August. We are completely thrilled and excited. I would love to hear some insider tips about transportation. Any general do’s and don’ts, for certain times of day, going to certain parks? I will take any advice with me!
Our experience is only from stays where bus was the only option, hence why we are thrilled!!

Hi everyone.
We will be staying at the Poly for the first time in August. We are completely thrilled and excited. I would love to hear some insider tips about transportation. Any general do’s and don’ts, for certain times of day, going to certain parks? I will take any advice with me!
Our experience is only from stays where bus was the only option, hence why we are thrilled!!

Walk to the TTC to get a direct ride to Epcot on the monorail. Saves a ton of time. Depending on which longhouse you're in, you may even want to catch the monorail/ferry from there because it could be closer than the Great Ceremonial House and the resort launch dock (mostly applies if you're staying on the DVC side in Pago Pago). If not going to the parks from TTC the monorail is better for rope drop ime.

When you're not in a rush for rope drop, I like taking the resort launch to MK. MK is the next stop from Poly on the GF-Poly-MK route. At the end of night it's kind of a crapshoot. The resort monorail line is usually horrendous because of non-resort guests jumping in it to go to the TTC. One tip I like is to walk to CR and catch it there. Usually never anyone there and not much longer of a wait. But I tend to prefer the resort launch at park close, you don't get the TTC folks in that line. If you're not too tired though you can walk back at the end of the night, the GF-MK walkway should be open again by the time you go.

Walk to the TTC to get a direct ride to Epcot on the monorail. Saves a ton of time. Depending on which longhouse you're in, you may even want to catch the monorail/ferry from there because it could be closer than the Great Ceremonial House and the resort launch dock (mostly applies if you're staying on the DVC side in Pago Pago). If not going to the parks from TTC the monorail is better for rope drop ime.

When you're not in a rush for rope drop, I like taking the resort launch to MK. MK is the next stop from Poly on the GF-Poly-MK route. At the end of night it's kind of a crapshoot. The resort monorail line is usually horrendous because of non-resort guests jumping in it to go to the TTC. One tip I like is to walk to CR and catch it there. Usually never anyone there and not much longer of a wait. But I tend to prefer the resort launch at park close, you don't get the TTC folks in that line. If you're not too tired though you can walk back at the end of the night, the GF-MK walkway should be open again by the time you go.
Fantastic!! Thank-u so much!

Hi everyone.
I typically stay at Pago Pago which is near TTC. My opinion is based on walking, security lines, number of stops, stop time, and speed.

Poly (Pago Pago) --> MK
1. Monorail from Poly
2. Express Monorail from TTC
3. Ferry Boat from TTC
4. Water Taxi from Poly

MK --> Poly (Pago Pago). You will have to investigate the line situation. This list assumes no lines.
1. Express Monorail to TTC
2. Resort Monorail to TTC
3. Ferry Boat to TTC
4. Water Taxi to Poly

I typically stay at Pago Pago which is near TTC. My opinion is based on walking, security lines, number of stops, stop time, and speed.

Poly (Pago Pago) --> MK
1. Monorail from Poly
2. Express Monorail from TTC
3. Ferry Boat from TTC
4. Water Taxi from Poly

MK --> Poly (Pago Pago). You will have to investigate the line situation. This list assumes no lines.
1. Express Monorail to TTC
2. Resort Monorail to TTC
3. Ferry Boat to TTC
4. Water Taxi to Poly
I really like this.

I came to add as someone that does mono loop hotels several times a year… randomly you leave MK and boats and monos are crazy!

Walk to CR and hop on mono from there to poly. Only have to do this randomly but walking vs standing for a long time feels more productive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter