Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to fold up a stroller for the MK ferry? I know you do for the resort launch but if I can roll the stroller right onto the ferry it might be worth the longer walk to TTC.

Tell the kids yet???

Have a great time and I'll see ya soon!

Hey!! Just did about an hour ago! They thought we were meeting our friends (who we go to Disney with) for breakfast. When we got outside, my son said “why is the Disney car* in the driveway?? Dad isn’t this the Disney car???) (*he’s referring to our rental car!!!!!!) That’s when I said ‘yes it is, because we’re leaving for Disney right now!!!!’ They were in shock and had no idea! My daughter said - but you said July 1st! I said ‘SURPRISE!’ And then I told them we’ll be there for two weeks! They flipped!

Got a super late start (there was a nail in our rental car tire!!!!!!!) and my DH had to get it fixed! But we’re almost in Delaware! Hopefully will make it GA in good time. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Hey!! Just did about an hour ago! They thought we were meeting our friends (who we go to Disney with) for breakfast. When we got outside, my son said “why is the Disney car* in the driveway?? Dad isn’t this the Disney car???) (*he’s referring to our rental car!!!!!!) That’s when I said ‘yes it is, because we’re leaving for Disney right now!!!!’ They were in shock and had no idea! My daughter said - but you said July 1st! I said ‘SURPRISE!’ And then I told them we’ll be there for two weeks! They flipped!

Got a super late start (there was a nail in our rental car tire!!!!!!!) and my DH had to get it fixed! But we’re almost in Delaware! Hopefully will make it GA in good time. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Glad the tire issue happened at home vs on the road!!!

YAY you are on your way!!! :yay:

A question regarding the Resort Launch, which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. The security check for the resort launch is at the pier at MK. Since everyone is getting off the same boat, and you are the last one off the boat, does it take a while for security to screen all the guests?

As trisha posted, glad the nail in the tire got fixed quickly and was before you left home instead of on the road! Have a great trip, safe travels the rest of the way :car:.

Do you have to fold up a stroller for the MK ferry? I know you do for the resort launch but if I can roll the stroller right onto the ferry it might be worth the longer walk to TTC.
Yes, you can roll it right on! This will definitely be our backup if the monorail is down, and we’ll probably take the ferry back if we are trying to leave with the masses and monorail line is backed up.

A
A question regarding the Resort Launch, which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. The security check for the resort launch is at the pier at MK. Since everyone is getting off the same boat, and you are the last one off the boat, does it take a while for security to screen all the guests?
Actually the people that board at poly heading to gf will still be on the boat . Also some of us ride it in a loop back to hotel for fun so also don't depart.

The line usually moves fast because no baggers go thru fast.

Hello--

We booked a standard room for Poly for next month. Does anyone know which buildings we might be placed in? We've requested a balcony, and to be close to the ticket and transportation center.

Hello--

We booked a standard room for Poly for next month. Does anyone know which buildings we might be placed in? We've requested a balcony, and to be close to the ticket and transportation center.
If they honor "near TTC" the best bets would be Rarotonga and Niue. Only the first floor will have patios, and third floor will have a balcony.

We just booked and we're staying at the Poly for the first time! We're just doing standard rooms but I was thinking of requesting Fiji since it looks like some of the standard rooms still have some nice views. Will that be terribly inconvenient? It seems like most people prefer other longhouses.

Am I a weirdo for wanting/requesting ground floor? The patios look so inviting, right on to the grass and into the action. Is there something I’m not considering by not requesting balcony?
I'm requesting ground floor because I have a torn meniscus and I need to avoid stairs. I've looked at lots of photos of rooms with patios, and they look lovely.

So, no. You are not a weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter