Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now, 3rd floor Fiji marina/lava pool view. I can't believe this is considered a standard view. It is amazing!! I can see the Contemporary and a lot of Bay Lake. I like it for the location to TCH, CC. I like that it is not right next to the pool and my DS3 could sit out on the balcony and watch the boats all day!! This is my first stay at the Poly in a long time and I am loving it! Agree the boat horns get annoying after a while....a little noise from the people on the path.

I would post a photo, but I don't know how.

I totally agree! We stayed in Fiji, Marina for the first time last summer and I could not get over how nice it was.
Of course, I'm sure they will bump the price to Marina view, so I hesitate to comment but I absolutely LOVED it!
Have a great time :)

This was our view:

3D8DFA86-E89A-4EF3-938C-D8401B743655_zpsbcljc4du.jpg

660EB8F3-5482-4E3C-8940-215334EE3CB6_zpsuqpgk9hx.jpg

Here now, 3rd floor Fiji marina/lava pool view. I can't believe this is considered a standard view. It is amazing!! I can see the Contemporary and a lot of Bay Lake. I like it for the location to TCH, CC. I like that it is not right next to the pool and my DS3 could sit out on the balcony and watch the boats all day!! This is my first stay at the Poly in a long time and I am loving it! Agree the boat horns get annoying after a while....a little noise from the people on the path.

I would post a photo, but I don't know how.

You should be able to do it pretty easily now on the "new" boards.
Try this link http://www.disboards.com/threads/you-can-now-upload-a-picture-directly-in-to-your-post.3376079/
We'd love to see your photos :flower3:

Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :wizard:.

Glad you have a good one. Ours is horrible. I'm sick over the money we spent to stay here to look at a hallway of another longhouse. (It was our choice but I didn't know standard included hallway view) We picked here for the tropical feel and relaxing we could do on the balcony. Not going to happen. After a 2 day trip here, it's pretty much killed any excitement I had.

I'm sorry your trip wasn't off to a good start with the view/location, but I hope your trip gets better and you are able to enjoy the Poly :flower3:.

Don't let your view ruin your vacation. Kids don't care about views, they just care about spending time with their families, well ....and the parks too! Hope your stay gets better!

i was just about to post the same message. Well stated! We just returned and found so many locations around the Poly where you can be immersed in that tropical feel you desire. I hope you manage to find happiness in the time you have left at that awesome resort.

I agree with both of the above! It can sometimes be disheartening to have a bad view/location, but the Poly has so much more to offer that I wouldn't let a bad view ruin your time there. Try to look past the view and enjoy all of the other great things about the Poly :wizard:.

I totally agree! We stayed in Fiji, Marina for the first time last summer and I could not get over how nice it was.
Of course, I'm sure they will bump the price to Marina view, so I hesitate to comment but I absolutely LOVED it!
Have a great time :)

This was our view:

3D8DFA86-E89A-4EF3-938C-D8401B743655_zpsbcljc4du.jpg

660EB8F3-5482-4E3C-8940-215334EE3CB6_zpsuqpgk9hx.jpg

Those pics are making me wish I at the Poly right now :cloud9:.

We'd love to see your photos :flower3:

::yes::

Is that Tonga to the right? That is where we are staying. My eyes suck. I can't tell if there is a balcony or not. It looks like it because I see railing. I thought they had a view of the gardens.

Yes! That's Tonga. I hope you have a blast and that you will share photos of your suite :flower1:

From http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/

Niue is a great location if you want to be close to most of the activities at the resort. It is the smallest longhouse and is the only 2 story longhouse. The Great Ceremonial House is right next to it and there is a pool on each side. Since they contructed the Nanea pool in 2001 the path no longer runs right next to the building so it is a little more private than before. Now a stream runs just next to the longhouse.

Pros
  • It is not a large building and it is in a great location being right next to the Great Ceremonial House
  • Both pools are on either side of the longhouse and a short walk.
  • There are Handicap Accessible rooms located in this building that give close access to many things.
Cons
  • There are no balconies on the second floor and this is the only building without an elevator.
  • For access to the second floor you can use the Rarotonga elevator and walk across the upper deck connecting the Rarotonga to Niue.
  • There may be quite a bit of traffic along the path between the building and the pool and the Island Guide golf carts travel next to this building alot.
  • There are no king beds available.

Looks like I need to update my Niue description. The stream is not there. The Gathering Place turf is there now but I think it is a great location. I know a few people who have stayed in the ground floor rooms recently and loved it. Walked right from their patio to the Pineapple Lanai or Captain Cook’s for food.

Is that Tonga to the right? That is where we are staying. My eyes suck. I can't tell if there is a balcony or not. It looks like it because I see railing. I thought they had a view of the gardens.

All the suites have a balcony or patio. The Ambassador Suites are on the back side of the longhouse and the Princess, King Kamehameha and Honeymoon suites are on the Marina side. The ground floor Ambassador suite has a little fenced in back yard.

Glad you have a good one. Ours is horrible. I'm sick over the money we spent to stay here to look at a hallway of another longhouse. (It was our choice but I didn't know standard included hallway view) We picked here for the tropical feel and relaxing we could do on the balcony. Not going to happen. After a 2 day trip here, it's pretty much killed any excitement I had.

Just curious, which building are you in that has a hallway view? Sorry to hear you're not happy with the resort or your room.

All the suites have a balcony or patio. The Ambassador Suites are on the back side of the longhouse and the Princess, King Kamehameha and Honeymoon suites are on the Marina side. The ground floor Ambassador suite has a little fenced in back yard.
So the Ambassador will be looking at the monorail? I know there are only two. Hmm..which one to request...

So the Ambassador will be looking at the monorail? I know there are only two. Hmm..which one to request...

I don't remember seeing the monorail. It looks that direction but there are a lot of trees and the back part of Kona Café sticks out so I don't think you will see the monorail from the second floor Ambassador.

6 Weeks from Friday I will be arriving in Florida for a split stay!!! 4 nights Universal and 4 nights at Disney World. Of course we are coming back to the Polynesian! A total of 12 people staying and we will have one DVC studio and the one and only King Kamehameha Suite!!!! Has anyone stayed in this suite? Would love to see some pics :-) Also, I will be posting photos/videos of the room once I return :-)

I believe you can just go to the front desk and ask to switch rooms. There are lots of "garden" (standard) views at Poly that are wonderful and I'm sure they could find something better for you unless they happen to be booked. I'd go that route so you can get on with having a wonderful trip!

We've stayed in a standard room the past two years -- two queen beds -- and it has worked out just fine for our family of five. DH and I both have our own bed, DD6 has the day bed and our twins, now 3, have slept on crib sized air mattresses on the floor. Being honest, there's no way DH and I could sleep in a queen bed together. Just not happening.

A friend has offered to sell us her DVC points for a price that would allow us to stay at Poly for much less than we'd pay for a room -- even with a 30% discount.

Would the same arrangement work in a standard DVC room? Could we fit the two crib sized air mattresses on the floor with the queen sleeper pulled out and the day bed thing pulled down?

We've stayed in a standard room the past two years -- two queen beds -- and it has worked out just fine for our family of five. DH and I both have our own bed, DD6 has the day bed and our twins, now 3, have slept on crib sized air mattresses on the floor. Being honest, there's no way DH and I could sleep in a queen bed together. Just not happening.

A friend has offered to sell us her DVC points for a price that would allow us to stay at Poly for much less than we'd pay for a room -- even with a 30% discount.

Would the same arrangement work in a standard DVC room? Could we fit the two crib sized air mattresses on the floor with the queen sleeper pulled out and the day bed thing pulled down?
I'm not following why you would need two air mattresses with the day bed and sofa bed pulled down?

A stduio is a queen bed (you and DH), a sofa sleeper, and a murphy bed. If you want the twins on air mattresses, the best bet would be to put your older child on the murphy bed and leave the sofa bed as a sofa, I think. Or put the twins on the sofa bed.

The size of the sleeping area of the DVC studio is almost exactly the same as the regular rooms. The bathrooms take up more space in the room then when it was a regular room but the rooms the DVC studios were built into were longer than the other rooms so you end up with the same sleeping area. If you fit the mattresses in the older standard room and it was not in one of the DVC longhouses than you will fit it in the DVC room. If your room before was in Tahiti, Rapa Nui or Tokelau then you will have a smaller area now. It must be hard to find a room anywhere if each of you want to take a bed and you have 3 kids that need a place to sleep also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter