Disney's Half Marathon

I'll have to try upping the incline. I'm so prone to shin splints that I've been easing myself into this as gently as possible. I can do a biocycle without any side effects....it's impact I need to worry about.

I didn't get a chance to work out today, but definately will tomorrow!

I just walked the 1/2 this past January 2010. I do not run. I repeat, I DO NOT run. When I began training last March 2009. I did a 20 minute mile and wondered if I was nuts to sign up. But I stuck to it. I went in doing 13.5 minute miles, but with the weather and the fact that I had never done a race at all before I ended up finishing at 3:24 which translates into 15.57 minute miles. I was not happy with my time, but I finished!:banana:

As they all say, if I can do it, then you can do it. I also know people who are overweight who did it, finished and survived. One of my friends was even the Dead Last Finisher. The Sweepers stayed right with her for the last two miles. :thumbsup2

It's a ton of fun and hopefully the weather will be better next year.

Just wanted to chime in. It has been awhile since I last posted on the boards. I have been exercising since June'09 and made a goal in October '09 to run the food & wine 1/2 marathon. So far I'm running 1 mile in a little less than 15 min per mile without stopping but at a slow pace. Sometimes I have doubts but I'm going to keep at it. I too worry about taking it outside and will do so in April once the weather is better. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in the challange and that maybe I could learn something from my fellow disers. Let's keep up the good work :thumbsup2

I am already signed up for the 1/2. I only can walk because of a previous injury. I figured with almost a year it should be okay. I also signed up for the Suncoast Space 1/2 marathon in Nov. This is not a pace required just a time and I felt it would be a good starter.

Enjoy walking:banana:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter