(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, We are staying at the GF in August for 3 nights after spending 5 nights at the Yacht Club. We are going to Disney Springs for 4 dinners but it seems like the majority of the nights is when we are staying at the GF. Is getting to Disney Springs from the GF for dinner difficult? Is it a long bus ride and after the bus picks up at the GF for Disney Springs, are there many stops after pick up? Thanks for any suggestions/help with this issue. Wondering if I should change our adr's around to go to DS when we are staying at the YC.
It doesn't matter where you stay getting to and from DS from any hotel is the worst of transportation. (Except boat options from OKW, SSR and POR) That is because the buses run less frequently to/from DS vs park buses.

If you really want to enjoy those restaurants or have time to spare because you are not big park riders then keep those adrs. However like @Dispro1 i think the advantage of mono resorts is eating nearby. It is so convenient to get anywhere on the monorail or even WL is but getting to DS will take much longer.

We have eaten at DS but usually when we are staying value or mod because we don't have many options.

Again if you really are looking forward to those restaurants then enjoy. If flexible , switch.

I know there are others on here that can tell you the specifics on a bus from GF to DS, but I will say that there are so many excellent restaurants in the monorail loop that we rarely have dinner elsewhere when staying at GF... we're kinda lazy, I guess;). We love Narcoossee's at GF as well as California Grill at Contemporary and 'Ohana at Poly. And don't forget BOG and Royal Table at MK...although we haven't been to Royal table in years (maybe it's time to go back??)! But if you decide to keep your DS reservations, I wouldn't think the bus ride would be that much longer than from YC?? Blueskies can probably answer your question about that because I know she likes a few restaurants over at DS.
Only 5 days! Time to enjoy DD and have some great family time. This summer will go by fast and soon she will be away at college.

Enjoy RPC! Get some pix too!

Hi all, We are staying at the GF in August for 3 nights after spending 5 nights at the Yacht Club. We are going to Disney Springs for 4 dinners but it seems like the majority of the nights is when we are staying at the GF. Is getting to Disney Springs from the GF for dinner difficult? Is it a long bus ride and after the bus picks up at the GF for Disney Springs, are there many stops after pick up? Thanks for any suggestions/help with this issue. Wondering if I should change our adr's around to go to DS when we are staying at the YC.

Don't use Disney buses, use Lyft! Not terribly expensive, much more convenient.

8 days away from 10 nights at the GF (our 1st time there) before switching to Beach Club for 2 nights and then the Four Seasons for 2 nights!

Ready to spend some time with the family and my favorite mouse!
What a nice, long vacation! We'll still be at GF through the 3rd so I'll see you at the pool:D!

What a nice, long vacation! We'll still be at GF through the 3rd so I'll see you at the pool:D!
Sounds like a plan! We should be easy to spot...my 6-mo pregnant wife, our 1-yo baby girl, and our 2 "big" kids (DD8 and DS11).

Hoping for Sago Cay...we put in our room request through Touring Plans.

Sounds like a plan! We should be easy to spot...my 6-mo pregnant wife, our 1-yo baby girl, and our 2 "big" kids (DD8 and DS11).

Hoping for Sago Cay...we put in our room request through Touring Plans.
Wow! You've got your hands full!! We've got two high school grads (my DD18 and her bff) and my DD13. Life is fairly easy for us these days...I'm not sure how much we'll see the 18 year olds! Good luck on getting Sago! I'm hoping to get my room request in the main building because I love the garden tub...we booked a deluxe room. The two 18 year olds are in an outer building-ha!

Are you serious? That's hilarious! :rotfl2:
Totally serious!! They have their own BWview CL room at BWI the first two nights, but that's the same price as the regular room at GF! I'm not springing for two RPC rooms! This senior year has cost me a fortune already with two proms, etc! Honestly, they're fine with it anyway cuz they'll be hanging by the pool most of the time and they'll still have access to the main building since they're with us! I honestly didn't know you could do it that way until we took my FIL with us last July. My MIL had passed away in June so my FIL was a last minute add-on to our room at Poly. When we got there, we found out that he snores -BADLY! So we got him a king room in Samoa but he still had total access to the lounge. They just gave him a key card for his room and his MB still worked for CL and our room. This is kinda the same situation only this time they don't want to share a room with us rather than the other way around- lol!!

Totally serious!! They have their own BWview CL room at BWI the first two nights, but that's the same price as the regular room at GF! I'm not springing for two RPC rooms! This senior year has cost me a fortune already with two proms, etc! Honestly, they're fine with it anyway cuz they'll be hanging by the pool most of the time and they'll still have access to the main building since they're with us! I honestly didn't know you could do it that way until we took my FIL with us last July. My MIL had passed away in June so my FIL was a last minute add-on to our room at Poly. When we got there, we found out that he snores -BADLY! So we got him a king room in Samoa but he still had total access to the lounge. They just gave him a key card for his room and his MB still worked for CL and our room. This is kinda the same situation only this time they don't want to share a room with us rather than the other way around- lol!!
Loved meeting fil too. It was nice having a coffee buddy early in the lounge while my kids slept in.

I have to say he enjoyed the cl lounge even tho he was in an outer building.

24 days to a trip of firsts. First time without kids, first time deluxe dining plan, first time at a monorail resort, first time taking tours (EPCOT Destinations and KTTK) and FIRST TIME AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN.

Yes, I'm yelling. I can't contain my excitement.
I loved our first trip without kids too!

Sounds like a good trip planned! Enjoy :)

Hello my grand friends! Life has been super hectic..in a good way..but I haven't been able to get on here and catch up...well...I'm here but not caught up...lol...have read nothing but this page....

Dispro So excited that your trip is finally here....Enjoy every minute :woohoo:...and I too so enjoyed our overlapping trips lasts summer ( with both you and Trish..great fun )...and spending time with your FIL..he was my early morning lounge buddy too...:goodvibes..

WishesQueen I know your trip is almost here too....have a magical time!! :goodvibes

~and grand wishes to all the rest of you with upcoming GF stays too :cheer2::cheer2:..

We has a recent and very grand stay ourselves ....I have lots of details that I'd like to share... pics too...and hoping to do that in the next couple of days....

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday...:earsgirl: GF gal who is happy to finally pop in and get a little DIS time!:surfweb:

Hello my grand friends! Life has been super hectic..in a good way..but I haven't been able to get on here and catch up...well...I'm here but not caught up...lol...have read nothing but this page....

Dispro So excited that your trip is finally here....Enjoy every minute :woohoo:...and I too so enjoyed our overlapping trips lasts summer ( with both you and Trish..great fun )...and spending time with your FIL..he was my early morning lounge buddy too...:goodvibes..

WishesQueen I know your trip is almost here too....have a magical time!! :goodvibes

~and grand wishes to all the rest of you with upcoming GF stays too :cheer2::cheer2:..

We has a recent and very grand stay ourselves ....I have lots of details that I'd like to share... pics too...and hoping to do that in the next couple of days....

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday...:earsgirl: GF gal who is happy to finally pop in and get a little DIS time!:surfweb:
:wave2:

Patiently waiting for the pix!:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter