• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Does anyone know if the cabanas are by the kid's Alice in wonderland splash area? We are going down in May and am thinking about renting a cabana but it would be a huge bonus if it were by this area. Thanks for any information!

Sorry there not over there, their by the pool close to the restrooms. Honestly, you can't even see the splash area from the cabanas.:worried:

But they aren't 'that far' from the splash area. We just decided to get one in April, will likely be making that walk back/forth a lot! :-)

See map for context. The yellow circle is the cabanas. I haven't been to GF in a year so someone please correct me if things have changed.

GF Cabanas.jpg

Sorry there not over there, their by the pool close to the restrooms. Honestly, you can't even see the splash area from the cabanas.:worried:

But they aren't 'that far' from the splash area. We just decided to get one in April, will likely be making that walk back/forth a lot! :-)

See map for context. The yellow circle is the cabanas. I haven't been to GF in a year so someone please correct me if things have changed.

View attachment 225930

Well darn. Thanks for the replies! I see alot of walking at the pool area too in our future if we decide to rent one. :)

Well darn. Thanks for the replies! I see alot of walking at the pool area too in our future if we decide to rent one. :)

It's really pretty compact - not as far as it might seem. I do wish they'd spread out the cabanas, though. It would be nice to have a choice to be near the splash pad, on the beach, or in the area where they are now...

Will be here for three nights for Labor Day weekend! Quick question, my mom has arthritis in her knees and I was wondering what would be the best room type to suggest when we do early check in? We have a Garden View. I would like something close to transportation, like the ferry boats or he monorail. Do they let us request ground floor? Thanks in advance!

Will be here for three nights for Labor Day weekend! Quick question, my mom has arthritis in her knees and I was wondering what would be the best room type to suggest when we do early check in? We have a Garden View. I would like something close to transportation, like the ferry boats or he monorail. Do they let us request ground floor? Thanks in advance!
In addition to getting a building close to transportation, I like to request a room close to the elevator, if not on the ground floor (at other resorts - I haven't stayed at GF yet!).

Hi guys I have a question, I was looking at touring plans room views and when I put in the type of room we have booked it only pulls up one room at the whole resort that meets that criteria. We have a theme park view w/roll in shower room booked (at least that's what our reservation confirmation says) and the only room I'm finding on touring plans is a room on the first floor of Boca Chica, could that possibly be the only theme park view room with a roll in shower (that isn't CL)? I'm not putting any request in except 'connecting rooms' so it doesn't matter but I just thought it was interesting to look at room views and see only one for that booking category!

Hi guys I have a question, I was looking at touring plans room views and when I put in the type of room we have booked it only pulls up one room at the whole resort that meets that criteria. We have a theme park view w/roll in shower room booked (at least that's what our reservation confirmation says) and the only room I'm finding on touring plans is a room on the first floor of Boca Chica, could that possibly be the only theme park view room with a roll in shower (that isn't CL)? I'm not putting any request in except 'connecting rooms' so it doesn't matter but I just thought it was interesting to look at room views and see only one for that booking category!

That tool is very inaccurate. No, that's not the only room with what you're looking for.

I read on another thread that cases of water at the Polynesian are reasonable. Around $7 I think. Is this true at the Grand Floridian as well? Thanks for any replies!

Page 3 rescue!

I came across the "goodnight cards" that we received the last time we were at the GF. Do CMs still put them out for turn down service? Are there still chocolates put out as well?

Yes, Blue, it is all about the food!

WOW!!! Over by the Pandora FP thread trying to educate myself for next Friday. It looks like I'll be lucky if I get one of the two rides at a time that works for us. The kids really weren't interested but I convinced that it would be so nice to see something brand new. I have a feeling this is going to kick my butt...:confused3

Hope everyone is well!

Hey friends! Wanting to swing by Mizner's Lounge on our arrival day. Does anyone know the schedule for the High Society Orchestra? I want to be able to listen to the music and grab a drink at Mizner's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter