(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow GF fans! Page 2 rescue!!!:wave2:

KacieD Thanks for the lovely photos..GF pics are the next best thing to being there! Btw..great view!

Lisann Thanks to you too for that wonderful video...I could listen to the GF Society Orchestra every day! :lovestruc

What she said!! :thumbsup2..with the exception that we have stayed in rooms on the first floor and not found it to be noisy at all...also in rooms over the atrium without issue..

Grand list!! :goodvibes

Enjoy..sounds wonderful! Some of our best trips have been those last minute ones! :thumbsup2

We are busy working in our summer ADRs..you know..it's always about the food..lol...:tongue:...now if Disney woyld just release ROL dining packages for our time frame..we'd like to book Tiffins for that...

Happy planning everyone..:earsgirl:....happy GF Gal who wants to finalize my ADR list! Lol..

PS...Tom.. have you unpacked yet???:littleangel::laughing:
Happy Saturday Blue!

Looks like it's going to be colder for my march trip than the January one. Ugh:faint:

So I HAD to order some shirts with sleeves to replace my sleeveless ones. ::yes:: Lilly white to mix and match with my fav girls outfits:goodvibes

Looking forward to 20% passholder discount! Remember peeps that is awesome on the brand names they offer at Summer Lace and Com Porters:thumbsup2

@KacieD or anyone for that matter could you please tell me if they still have the Lobster Hash on their in room dining menu. TIA

We never actually made it in there, but I think it's still there!

Kacie so glad that you are having a fantastic time - what amazing pictures! We stayed at the GF 10 years ago when my son was turning 2, so your pictures are really taking me back! The restaurant is Narcoosees, right? We always eat there every trip. Were you staying in Boca Chica, that's where we stayed.

Yes! We did the sunday brunch and really enjoyed it! Our twin boys are turning 3 in 2 weeks, and it was just amazing for them. We actually go to WDW pretty often, but this almost felt like my first time there. I don't know that I've ever loved a resort like I loved GF. It was so good for everyone in our family! We were in Big Pine Key, and it was actually just perfect for us! We just ran out to that pool and had a blast!

Our boys loved when they set up their blankets and stuffed animals!

GF Beds.jpg
GF Pool.jpgGF flowers.jpg GF sign.jpg GF flowers 2].jpg

And just a couple more pictures because they make me happy on this gloomy day at home!

We never actually made it in there, but I think it's still there!

Yes! We did the sunday brunch and really enjoyed it! Our twin boys are turning 3 in 2 weeks, and it was just amazing for them. We actually go to WDW pretty often, but this almost felt like my first time there. I don't know that I've ever loved a resort like I loved GF. It was so good for everyone in our family! We were in Big Pine Key, and it was actually just perfect for us! We just ran out to that pool and had a blast!

Our boys loved when they set up their blankets and stuffed animals!

View attachment 224854
View attachment 224853View attachment 224855 View attachment 224856 View attachment 224857

And just a couple more pictures because they make me happy on this gloomy day at home!

Beautiful pictures! As a huge blizzard is approaching us in NY it makes me happy to see the picture of sunny Florida, I loved the picture of your little guy in the pool, so cute! When we stayed at GF in 2007, my son was turning 2, he loved that quiet pool so much, we never made it to the main pool.

Quick question - we are staying at the Poly next door. Can we come over and eat at the Beaches pool bar? Or is that enclosed with a magic band locked fence since it's next to the pool? Want to try the lobster salad sliders! Plus I want to check out the GF gift shop if we walk over there.

Yes, you are able to eat at Beaches. Unless they have added a fence since December, the walking trail from the Poly still takes you past the Villas to the Beach Pool. The lobster sliders are a fun item on the menu - three sweet brioche slider rolls, each with a fairly generous amount of lobster. They make a nice snack or light meal. They are served with chips. We enjoyed them on a pool day, carrying them back to the quieter Courtyard Pool!

Please excuse the shadow across the photo, I was too relaxed (or too hungry) to think about the end result of the shot!

image.jpeg

Yes, you are able to eat at Beaches. Unless they have added a fence since December, the walking trail from the Poly still takes you past the Villas to the Beach Pool. The lobster sliders are a fun item on the menu - three sweet brioche slider rolls, each with a fairly generous amount of lobster. They make a nice snack or light meal. They are served with chips. We enjoyed them on a pool day, carrying them back to the quieter Courtyard Pool!

Please excuse the shadow across the photo, I was too relaxed (or too hungry) to think about the end result of the shot!

View attachment 225026
Thanks for the picture! They look really yummy!! Looks like enough for a full meal for me!

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had a mani/pedi at the spa recently? I booked one for my daughter and me but having second thoughts.

Thanks!

Quick question - we are staying at the Poly next door. Can we come over and eat at the Beaches pool bar? Or is that enclosed with a magic band locked fence since it's next to the pool? Want to try the lobster salad sliders! Plus I want to check out the GF gift shop if we walk over there.
We have been getting brinks and food at both bars for years. It's one of our favorite stops , especially when we are not staying at GF.

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had a mani/pedi at the spa recently? I booked one for my daughter and me but having second thoughts.

Thanks!
Dd and gma did Jan 2014 . It wasn't extra special or anything but since gma doesn't do rides it was a fun thing for them to do together.

If she isn't "all in" to that or begging spend the money elsewhere. However you will be on vaca and gettting pampered is fun too.

Can be a good thing if she's never had one and wants it or she doesn't like to do thrill rides and this would be more special. Otherwise maybe do at home before and save the $. Dd21 gets hers at home before (gma has her used to them now lol) and sometimes I go with her and we talk about our upcoming trip.

Hi everyone!

Thanks!

I looked into it, it's kinda expensive comparatively. Unless your having an entire spa day with treatments and everything, I think it's just as fun (and a whole lot cheaper) to go and have your nails done at a salon or spa at home before your trip!

How about these:

Narcoosee's
V&A
Citrico's
1900 PF
Tea Room
GFC

Just to name a few--->:teeth:
Booked our dining this past week. We are going to walk next door and try out Kona cafe and ohanas. Also have plans for 1900 park fare one night. I've also considered the wave since we could just hop on the monorail over to it. Planning is half the fun!

Booked our dining this past week. We are going to walk next door and try out Kona cafe and ohanas. Also have plans for 1900 park fare one night. I've also considered the wave since we could just hop on the monorail over to it. Planning is half the fun!

All good choices....I especially like the Pork Chop at Kona....
Pork.jpg

Or The Wave.....Namely the Prince Edward Mussels & the Pan Seared Gnocchi...YUM!

I'll be at the Beach Bar getting my crab cake next Nov :-)
Dd loves the strawberry daiquiris . Her first big girl drink not a soda. She still gets them without alcohol sometimes cause that her disney taste/thing.

I'm looking for airfare for your dates, keeping fingers crossed .... one of these days we have to overlap!

Dd loves the strawberry daiquiris . Her first big girl drink not a soda. She still gets them without alcohol sometimes cause that her disney taste/thing.

I'm looking for airfare for your dates, keeping fingers crossed .... one of these days we have to overlap!
Yay!! I'm looking for air too! I prefer Alaska for the direct MCO flights. But so far Alaska hasn't gone down. Have flight alerts set. On the bright side, I'm about 2/3rds paid in full for Pop! Want to get it paid off before Canadian $ drops any more. As it is we have to pay about a third more, ugh. So Pop it is!!

As we are experiencing a blizzard here in the Northeast, I have been dreaming and planning for our August trip to the GF!
I apologize if this question has been asked already (I'm sure it has but I can't find it!) were can you use the refillable mugs? Trying to decide if it is worth it or not. I understand the break even point but not sure how convenient it is to get to the refill stations.
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter