(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Orlando Theme Park News

"Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will host Cast Member meetings on Wednesday, Feb. 8 discussing suggestions for enhancing the Guest experience. This is very interesting, especially after the recent rumors that have been going around the web saying that the hotel might soon be completely gutted..."

We are thinking about going to the grand on dvc points for 4th of july week ? Do you think the GF or the Poly ? I just think the GF has more food options then the Poly for my DD 8.

Are you wanting this 4th of July as in 2017? I would highly doubt either has availability. Given the two, I would choose GF but poly is just not my cup of tea so I might be a bit biased.

We are on property now. Our room wasn't ready at check in so we had to stow the bags. Off to epcot to ride the new Soarin for the first time. OMG times 100!!!!! So we got the page that our room was now ready and we are in Conch with a view of the marina. Anyhow, as @BlueSkies and all my friends know, it's all about the food. We are a Narcosseee, and I'm about to enjoy a glass of Caymus and this!!!!IMG_0953.JPG

Good Morning my Grand friends!!:wave:

Very quiet around here...where is everyone??? At the Grand?:cool1:

Getting excited for May and hopefully a bounce back for October. Hope everyone is having a Grand Monday!!:goodvibes
Hi Wishes! Long time no hear from...or maybe it's me, not coming on and posting often.
I've got 2 trips planned to the World in the next few months...one is coming up in mid-March and the other is in early May. The first trip is a "last minute" planned birthday trip (finally, I get to go on my birthday!!! :banana:) with my non-DH. Sadly, not the GF but the WL. Can you remind me what the extension number is for calling and booking a BB in case there is no info in the room? Our second trip (me and my sister this time) is also at the WL the first week of May, and I want to try and get a better rate by booking a BB. We will be like you and your DH, spending as much time at the Grand as we possibly can!
How sweet your kids are still interested in going, even if only once a year (that would NEVER do for me!!) but even better that your DH wants to go back! It's fine with me to have my sister as my Disney travel buddy...we just have the best time!
Hi also to my other Dis friends. You know who you are....:goodvibes

We're here now for our first stay at the villas and I have to say I'm not impressed. Our home resorts are OKW, BWV and Poly and this studio had to be the smallest of any of the DVC resorts. We got placed in a HA room for some reason and while the bathroom is huge, the rest of the room is not. The fridge loses a lot of room to a bigger freezer, there is hardly any counter space, the sink is tiny and you just have shelves in the closet to put stuff away. I really expect more from a deluxe resort. I miss the Boardwalk already.

Last edited:
Hi Avery&Todd - I was just at the YC last week, but usually stay at the Grand and I have to say the couch at the YC was definitely the same size as the Grand and the room I was in was not refurbished. My 22 year old son has no problem in the couch at the Grand if that helps. Here's to hoping he picks Disney!!:goodvibes

that is FABULOUS NEWS!!!! thanks so much for commenting on my question!!

I also wanted to share that I reached out to the Disney Mom's Panel to ask about the size of the sleeper couches at the Deluxe resorts and received this information:

"Hello Mary!

I'm thrilled to hear from you today, thank you for visiting us here at the Disney Parks Moms Panel.

I did a little research to make sure I delivered the right answer to you and was told that the daybeds available at the Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels are the size of a traditional twin bed. Roughly, the dimensions should be 75 inches long by 38 inches wide.

I hope this helps with your magical planning. If there is anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

Pixie Dust,

Lauren"

so that's great news!!

AND the graduating Sr who was tasked to figure out a summer vacation for us told me last night that he wants to go to DISNEY :-)yay::yay::yay:) BUT...my husband is out of town and Disney is NOT his first pick..:-)scared::scared:) - he's one of those folks that doesn't understand you CAN go to Disney 5 times and that's not too repetitive...so I'm hoping he doesn't tell him to go back to the drawing board...

BUT, DH keeps telling me that it IS DS's decision, but I'm not booking anything just yet....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

so *fingers crossed* that I'll be able to book a trip this weekend!!

We are on property now. Our room wasn't ready at check in so we had to stow the bags. Off to epcot to ride the new Soarin for the first time. OMG times 100!!!!! So we got the page that our room was now ready and we are in Conch with a view of the marina. Anyhow, as @BlueSkies and all my friends know, it's all about the food. We are a Narcosseee, and I'm about to enjoy a glass of Caymus and this!!!!View attachment 218254
Yay! :cool1:
Is Conch a nice building?

Soarin! :woohoo:

I just googled Caymus. I hadn;'t heard of it. Ill be at GF in September and thats now on my must try list::yes::

I also wanted to share that I reached out to the Disney Mom's Panel to ask about the size of the sleeper couches at the Deluxe resorts and received this information:

"Hello Mary!

I'm thrilled to hear from you today, thank you for visiting us here at the Disney Parks Moms Panel.

I did a little research to make sure I delivered the right answer to you and was told that the daybeds available at the Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels are the size of a traditional twin bed. Roughly, the dimensions should be 75 inches long by 38 inches wide.

I hope this helps with your magical planning. If there is anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

Pixie Dust,

Lauren"

so that's great news!!

AND the graduating Sr who was tasked to figure out a summer vacation for us told me last night that he wants to go to DISNEY :-)yay::yay::yay:) BUT...my husband is out of town and Disney is NOT his first pick..:-)scared::scared:) - he's one of those folks that doesn't understand you CAN go to Disney 5 times and that's not too repetitive...so I'm hoping he doesn't tell him to go back to the drawing board...

BUT, DH keeps telling me that it IS DS's decision, but I'm not booking anything just yet....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Some of us have gone 5 times in a year lol.

Remind him its the son's choice. How many more trips with him will you have? He should be happy. Good Luck!!!

Yay! :cool1:
Is Conch a nice building?

Soarin! :woohoo:

I just googled Caymus. I hadn;'t heard of it. Ill be at GF in September and thats now on my must try list::yes::

Yes! We had a marina view in Conch Key last summer & the view was amazing!! Best part is, price wise it's considered a garden view room.

We are on property now. Our room wasn't ready at check in so we had to stow the bags. Off to epcot to ride the new Soarin for the first time. OMG times 100!!!!! So we got the page that our room was now ready and we are in Conch with a view of the marina. Anyhow, as @BlueSkies and all my friends know, it's all about the food. We are a Narcosseee, and I'm about to enjoy a glass of Caymus and this!!!!View attachment 218254

Lucky guy!!! I love the new Soarin too!! Enjoy that steak and your Grand trip!! Can't wait to hear and see more.:goodvibes

Hi Wishes! Long time no hear from...or maybe it's me, not coming on and posting often.
I've got 2 trips planned to the World in the next few months...one is coming up in mid-March and the other is in early May. The first trip is a "last minute" planned birthday trip (finally, I get to go on my birthday!!! :banana:) with my non-DH. Sadly, not the GF but the WL. Can you remind me what the extension number is for calling and booking a BB in case there is no info in the room? Our second trip (me and my sister this time) is also at the WL the first week of May, and I want to try and get a better rate by booking a BB. We will be like you and your DH, spending as much time at the Grand as we possibly can!
How sweet your kids are still interested in going, even if only once a year (that would NEVER do for me!!) but even better that your DH wants to go back! It's fine with me to have my sister as my Disney travel buddy...we just have the best time!
Hey Grannyminnie - it has been a while since I've been here, but my last minute trip and my May trip leaves me needing some Disney support...:rotfl2:. I LOVE with WL, that's the first hotel we tried with the kids when we began taking them. We have a lot of great memories there. I love Territory Lounge :drinking1. We just went to the Yacht Club to try the Epcot side, it was great walking into Epcot but it just wasn't the same for me over there. I think I like the MK side better, even though Epcot is my favorite...lol lol!! Your lucky you have a sister and she sounds like a perfect travel buddy, sorry we're not overlapping in May, that would have been fun.

that is FABULOUS NEWS!!!! thanks so much for commenting on my question!!

I never have the confidence to answer questions around here, I usually ask them!!:rotfl2: But since I was just there I was sure I knew the answer. I am glad I was able to help.

"Hello Mary!

Pixie Dust,

Lauren"

so that's great news!!

I thought it was the same, I did just hang out on it while waiting for my DH to get ready and he actually commented on the side too. Fingers crossed, but its looking good for a Disney trip!!pixiedust:

So Wishes, we also love the MK side and even tho we have stayed at both BC and YC, we always felt as if we were not "home". Same as you, we came back to visit at the GF as often as possible. Right now, the cost is prohibitive to stay there, so the Wilderness is the next best thing.

So Wishes, we also love the MK side and even tho we have stayed at both BC and YC, we always felt as if we were not "home". Same as you, we came back to visit at the GF as often as possible. Right now, the cost is prohibitive to stay there, so the Wilderness is the next best thing.

The WL lobby is the only other lobby we truly love hanging out in and relaxing. The new pool bar is opening at the end of the month and its looks beautiful. There was a woman Vicky who used to work the pin cart, she taught my kids the art of pin trading while DH and I had a drink in territory lounge and remembered them every year we returned. We should have stayed there in January, although it was nice to finally try the Epcot side. Your are going to have a magical birthday, can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi grannyminnie, :wave2: We will just miss you again...I'll be at the Grand the second week in May. One of these days our trips will overlap.

Hi WishesQueen
:wave2: Sorry you didn't like the YC, we love it there. I have a YC-GF split in May. I love the Grand best but rarely visit if I'm not staying there.

Tom, Good to hear you finally packed and made it to the airport in time. Love Narcoossees, your dinner looked delicious.

Blueskies, Don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of our fun! I haven't had time to keep up as much as I would like. I'm on vacation next week so hoping to get here more often.

Avery&Todd, I have slept on the day bed, I would say it was the size of the of a twin and found it very comfortable.

Last edited:
Hi! We will be having our 4th child in March and plan to head to Disney in September or October this year. I have read that Grand Floridian has a max occupancy of 5 guests. My husband and I would share a bed, our 2 oldest in the other bed and then our 2 year old would sleep on the pull out couch. We would bring our pack n play or ask for the resort crib for the 6 month old. I realize that is technically 6 people but given that the youngest 2 are so small would we be able to not even list the baby on any info? He won't require a plane ticket, park ticket, etc. I know in the future when he's bigger we'll need to get two rooms but really hoping to not have to do so this year since they're all so little. Thanks!

Hi! We will be having our 4th child in March and plan to head to Disney in September or October this year. I have read that Grand Floridian has a max occupancy of 5 guests. My husband and I would share a bed, our 2 oldest in the other bed and then our 2 year old would sleep on the pull out couch. We would bring our pack n play or ask for the resort crib for the 6 month old. I realize that is technically 6 people but given that the youngest 2 are so small would we be able to not even list the baby on any info? He won't require a plane ticket, park ticket, etc. I know in the future when he's bigger we'll need to get two rooms but really hoping to not have to do so this year since they're all so little. Thanks!
Yout will be fine, the infant will not count for the room occupancy. There should be a pack n play in the closet, if not just ask for one.

Hi grannyminnie, :wave2: We will just miss you again...I'll be at the Grand the second week in May. One of these days our trips will overlap.

Hi WishesQueen
:wave2: Sorry you didn't like the YC, we love it there. I have a YC-GF split in May. I love the Grand best but rarely visit if I'm not staying there.

Tom, Good to hear you finally packed and made it to the airport in time. Love Narcoossees, your dinner looked delicious.

Blueskies, Don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of our fun! I haven't had time to keep up as much as I would like. I'm on vacation next week so hoping to get here more often.

Avery&Todd, I have slept on the day bed, I would say it was the size of the of a twin and found it very comfortable.
Hi all...sorry to be missing you on my next trip, Maxie...just happy to be finally getting to celebrate my bd there!!!:cake::flower:

Blue, hi!!! I was off a good while because for some reason I couldn't log on. Enjoy your upcoming vacation, and hope to see you on here lots!

Wishes, we love the WL lobby too!:thumbsup2

Good morning GF friends. I have been reading about the "rumor" that there is talk of the GF being "gutted" (lobby and rooms) and redone to give it more of a feel like the Four Seasons. I don't know about anyone else, but if I wanted to have the feel of the Four Seasons, I would stay there and not at the GF. I thought the entire point of the GF was the Victorian feel to it. I remember way back when the bedspreads had Tinker Bell and whimsical pillows as well. Loved the feel of that.

The lobby was renovated maybe 8 years ago with all new marble floors and new carpeting. Maybe the carpeting has been updated since then, but I can't remember. From what I have seen of the rooms at the GF now, the Victorian era feel is gone.

I told my DD daughter about this any even she said, "what's the point of that? I thought the GF was supposed to be themed Victorian." I agree with her on this. Sounds like Disney is trying to erase the entire Victorian look. So much for a "theme" for the GF if that is what will happen.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning GF friends. I have been reading about the "rumor" that there is talk of the GF being "gutted" (lobby and rooms) and redone to give it more of a feel like the Four Seasons. I don't know about anyone else, but if I wanted to have the feel of the Four Seasons, I would stay there and not at the GF. I thought the entire point of the GF was the Victorian feel to it. I remember way back when the bedspreads had Tinker Bell and whimsical pillows as well. Loved the feel of that.

The lobby was renovated maybe 8 years ago with all new marble floors and new carpeting. Maybe the carpeting has been updated since then, but I can't remember. From what I have seen of the rooms at the GF now, the Victorian era feel is gone.

I told my DD daughter about this any even she said, "what's the point of that? I thought the GF was supposed to be themed Victorian." I agree with her on this. Sounds like Disney is trying to erase the entire Victorian look. So much for a "theme" for the GF if that is what will happen.

Have a good day my friends.
Oh, I'm right there with ya on this!! What is the point? I for one would be hopping mad if they did this!:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter