(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WishesQueen and my GF friends. I'm still around. No trips planned to the GF. I have to say, I have never taken a trip without my kids! Don't know what that would feel like. When I do mention vacation to them, they always say GF at Disney, even though they are both in college. Somethings never change.

Glad you had a good time at the GF!

Hi WishesQueen and my GF friends. I'm still around. No trips planned to the GF. I have to say, I have never taken a trip without my kids! Don't know what that would feel like. When I do mention vacation to them, they always say GF at Disney, even though they are both in college. Somethings never change.

Glad you had a good time at the GF!

Hey MommyGia:wave: - Honestly I was excited and dreading it at the same time.:confused3 My kids are in and pasted college age and they are good with going only once a year...I don't know where I went wrong, but it works for me.:thumbsup2 The few things that helped was that we didn't stay at the Grand where we always go with the kids. We tried the EPCOT side at the Yacht Club and although it was lovely, I wont make that mistake again. We traveled back and forth to the Grand to visit every chance we could:rolleyes1. The other thing was that we're returning in May to the Grand with the kids, so I was happy and they were fine with that. I am actually hoping to bounce back again in October with just my DH to check out that weather, January was beautiful but I wished it was just a little warmer for the pool.:sunny:

I love they still want to join us on vacation and I love they still love WDW, isn't it great!!:thumbsup2 My dream is take my grandchildren one day!!:wizard:

My ticker is off -- t minus 1 3/4 days and counting. Flight leaves at 8am Wednesday......time to go buy a suitcase. But for all my friends that worry I don't pack in time - everything is out in the guest bedroom ready to go into the suitcase. Should I actually stop and buy the new one on the way home tonight, I might even put everything in it tonight.

Tom

My ticker is off -- t minus 1 3/4 days and counting. Flight leaves at 8am Wednesday......time to go buy a suitcase. But for all my friends that worry I don't pack in time - everything is out in the guest bedroom ready to go into the suitcase. Should I actually stop and buy the new one on the way home tonight, I might even put everything in it tonight.

Tom
Safe travels!

Tom

Holy cow, I can't even imagine! My family teases me and says I'm pretty much the dad in this article:

http://www.theonion.com/article/dad-suggests-arriving-at-airport-14-hours-early-29662

How exciting to be so close though!!! Safe travels and have fun!

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:....Life has been getting in the way lately of doing one if my fave things..catching up around here..

Wishes How did I miss that you had a trip...Hope it was fun even if it was on the "other" side of the world....:dance3:Yay for a May trip with the kids..I'm sure it will be Grand!!

Tom :eek:..You are killing me...lol!!!!! Hope you will not be toting grocery bags filled with your clothes and toiletries the airport :laughing:.. Seriously..Have a super trip!!! :thumbsup2.

Trish Thanks for sharing your winderful tea pictures! It's something that is so enjoyable..and to us..so very grand!! ::yes::

:wave2: Mommy Gina...

We have had to rearrange our upcoming Disney trips...and but still have a few to look forward to...next one will be another GF BWI split...we sure are enjoying those split stays!

Hope that everyone with trips coming up..I'm looking at you Tom and Dispro..gets to continue to enjoy the superb weather that they have been having in central Florida recently! :earsgirl:

Last edited:
Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:....Life has been getting in the way lately of doing one if my fave things..catching up around here..

Wishes How did I miss that you had a trip...Hope it was fun even if it was on the "other" side of the world....:dance3:Yay for a May trip with the kids..I'm sure it will be Grand!!

Tom :eek:..You are killing me...lol!!!!! Hope you will not be toting grocery bags filled with your clothes and toiletries the airport :laughing:.. Seriously..Have a super trip!!! :thumbsup2.

Trish Thanks for sharing your winderful tea pictures! It's something that is so enjoyable..and to us..so very grand!! ::yes::

We have had to rearrange our upcoming Disney trips...and but still have a few to look forward to...next one will be another GF BWI split...we sure are enjoying those split stays!

Hope that everyone with trips coming up..I'm looking at you Tom and Dispro..gets to continue to enjoy the superb weather that they have been having in central Florida recently! :earsgirl:
Thanks @trishadono!!!

@BlueSkies guess what, it is T minus 12 hours and counting and I'm thinking about packing. I did buy a new suitcase last night!

Stayed tuned for our live trip reports. I hope we get this view again.

TomIMG_0168.JPG

Tom
Grrr...You Tricked us...LoL Have a Grrrreat Trip.....:thumbsup2

KonaKaiTom - Safe travel and looking forward to seeing pictures and reading about the GF!!!

CruisingCamper - Wow, only one more week until you arrive at the GF as well!!! Enjoy your time there. Always seems to go by too fast when you are on vacation.

BlueSkies - Hi there! Life does go by a bit faster than you would like.

Have a Grand day my friends.

Good Morning my friend!:wave: Our trip was VERY VERY last minute. I was actually shocked that they got the magic bands and luggage tags to the house quick enough to use them.

Life definitely gets the way around here too, I am just so excited since visiting and can't wait to go back. I see your going in October, DH and I might bounce back for October if its available. How's the weather then?

Tom - Safe travels, can't wait to hear all about it!!

Good Morning to everyone else!! Have a Grand day!!:cheer2:

Good morning! Three weeks from today until my first stay at the Grand. I am so excited! Yesterday I booked a 1/2 day pool cabana for some down time. I hope this isn't a complete waste in February, ha ha, I'll be watching the weather like a hawk to see if I think it's worth keeping! I'd love to here tips/reviews of the poolside cabana rentals if you have done it!

Can someone who's there tell me if Cinderella and prince charming are still Waltzing at 3:45 everyday? I found it in the January times guide but I just want to make sure they're still doing this in February. Yes, I realize today is the 1st day of Feb. but I'm impatient.:rolleyes:. We'll be there Sunday for the tea and I was hoping to surprise my DD 7 and my niece.

Headed to the Grand next Week! We are excited, it's our first stay. We bought the DVC back in 2012 at the Grand, but have used the points elsewhere at WDW resorts and Aulani.

Hope you have a great trip. We've stayed at all of the DVC resorts except Vero and aulani and they are all wonderful but VGF was amazing.

We are thinking about going to the grand on dvc points for 4th of july week ? Do you think the GF or the Poly ? I just think the GF has more food options then the Poly for my DD 8.

We stayed at the GF last summer (our first time at GF) and had the BEST time - and the best room - an "Outer building, Garden view, Deluxe Room" - it had 2 queens and a flip down couch for our 2nd son. Does anyone know if the flip down couch was a "standard" size and all flip down couches in all of the deluxe hotels would be the same size or are they smaller/larger?

It fit him great and we loved having the turret area with the 2nd tv which gave us a ton more room and with 2 (very large) teenage boys we need all the extra room we can get.

I was specifically looking at either the Poly, Contemporary or Yacht Club..

THANKS!!

I decided to go ahead and email the Disney customer service folks with a non-reservation question and their response to me was:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are so excited to hear that you are planning a visit to come see us here at Walt Disney World®!

All of our daybeds are the size of twin beds.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

Yeah, I doubt it.....I could have sworn that when we stayed at the BC the fold down bed was not twin sized..but that was before they renovated it...

and I don't even know if we are actually going yet....we're letting the HS Sr. pick his graduation trip, and he's deciding between Disney and the Florida Keys - either way, we're vacationing in FL in June!!

:worship::worship::worship:

(I am secretly hoping with my fingers crossed that he picks Disney..8-)8-)8-)8-))

Villas question. We're checking in tonight. I happened to call member services this morning about another reservation and it came up that the room we were assigned is an HA room (studio). How is it different from other studios?

Can someone who's there tell me if Cinderella and prince charming are still Waltzing at 3:45 everyday? I found it in the January times guide but I just want to make sure they're still doing this in February. Yes, I realize today is the 1st day of Feb. but I'm impatient.:rolleyes:. We'll be there Sunday for the tea and I was hoping to surprise my DD 7 and my niece.

Hi NicoleLarson - Yes I was just there last week at 3:30 the parade begins. I did notice that the children meet with cast members upstairs at Merchantile store about 3:00. There definitely were notices posted with info too! Have a Grand time!!:wizard:

I decided to go ahead and email the Disney customer service folks with a non-reservation question and their response to me was:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are so excited to hear that you are planning a visit to come see us here at Walt Disney World®!

All of our daybeds are the size of twin beds.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

Yeah, I doubt it.....I could have sworn that when we stayed at the BC the fold down bed was not twin sized..but that was before they renovated it...

and I don't even know if we are actually going yet....we're letting the HS Sr. pick his graduation trip, and he's deciding between Disney and the Florida Keys - either way, we're vacationing in FL in June!!

:worship::worship::worship:

(I am secretly hoping with my fingers crossed that he picks Disney..8-)8-)8-)8-))

Hi Avery&Todd - I was just at the YC last week, but usually stay at the Grand and I have to say the couch at the YC was definitely the same size as the Grand and the room I was in was not refurbished. My 22 year old son has no problem in the couch at the Grand if that helps. Here's to hoping he picks Disney!!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter