• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand friends, I'm in a quandary! I need to add the Princess Promenade to the first page. BlueSkies brought it to my attention months ago, but it slipped my mind. :blush: First - does it still exist? I will have to look it up.

We currently do not have an "Activities" or "Children's Activities" post on the first page, most of it is covered under the Restaurants or Recreation sections. My question - should I try to add it to one of the existing posts? If so, which? Recreation? Or, should I put it in one of the reserved empty posts at the end? Trying to add it to the middle somewhere as it's own post would be a daunting task...but I don't like the idea of it marooned at the end, after the Villas post, either.

Thoughts? Anyone? :listen: Wondering how others would search for it, thanks.
I think one of the reserved posts, this way it's easy to edit :) That Blue...she's a keeper ;)

Grand friends, I'm in a quandary! I need to add the Princess Promenade to the first page. BlueSkies brought it to my attention months ago, but it slipped my mind. :blush: First - does it still exist? I will have to look it up.

We currently do not have an "Activities" or "Children's Activities" post on the first page, most of it is covered under the Restaurants or Recreation sections. My question - should I try to add it to one of the existing posts? If so, which? Recreation? Or, should I put it in one of the reserved empty posts at the end? Trying to add it to the middle somewhere as it's own post would be a daunting task...but I don't like the idea of it marooned at the end, after the Villas post, either.

I would think it fits under recreation. Thank you for all that you do!

MommyGina - :hug:

I think one of the reserved posts, this way it's easy to edit :) That Blue...she's a keeper ;)

Isn't she, though?! :teeth:

I would think it fits under recreation. Thank you for all that you do!

You're welcome! Sorry I am sometimes MIA. :blush:

Thanks to you both, very helpful. I have inserted it into the first unused post after the Villas, and will add it further up the page as well. Maybe in both Recreation AND the first post, just to give viewers many opportunities to see it.

Thanks again!

And what about the new GF Tour? Maybe that could be added. I hope someone who's done it will post and tell us about it.

grannyminnie - :hug:

And what about the new GF Tour? Maybe that could be added. I hope someone who's done it will post and tell us about it.

Of course! What tour? I am so far out of the loop I can't even see it, haha. I'll have to look it up for details, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :teacher:

grannyminnie - :hug:

Of course! What tour? I am so far out of the loop I can't even see it, haha. I'll have to look it up for details, thanks for bringing it to my attention. :teacher:
Blue posted about it! There is a fee for it, don't know why? WL and AK have free resort tours. So far no one has posted about going on the new GF tour.

I'd be interested in the resort tour, but I don't think I would pay a fee to do it, it'd be cool to learn some of the history behind the resort and stuff though.

Wow, just read that the Grand is putting a fencing up on the beach. There's actually a photo of it too and of course controversial conversations that make my head spin.

I think the fence going in right now is probably temporary, until they have time to design something that is more appealing to the eye and matches the theme. The poles are all kind of haphazardly put into the ground...uneven heights and stuff. I guarantee something with more thought is coming. But, I'm sure Disney wants to take immediate action while they consider all options.

At the very least I hope they will put a net and not a concrete wall or something…

I am glad they are adding fencing, for now - not only to be proactive, but it is likely hard for guests and CMs to see that area, so sad.

That's what I was thinking! I would love a tour!!

Right?!

Blue posted about it! There is a fee for it, don't know why? WL and AK have free resort tours. So far no one has posted about going on the new GF tour.

A fee?! Good grief.

I'd be interested in the resort tour, but I don't think I would pay a fee to do it, it'd be cool to learn some of the history behind the resort and stuff though.

My thoughts exactly. I would love a tour, but I have been there often, not about to pay to tour the resort, sheesh.:sad2:

I hoping that the fencing going up still leaves part of the beach open, I'd still love to sit out on lounge chairs on the beach if possible. Fence or no I'll still be aware of my surroundings and watchful of/for wildlife of coursr, but it'd still be lovely to be able to use the beaches around all the resorts if it's possible.

I'm not too happy about fencing beaches. I don't think there's a person on this planet that doesn't know there are gators in Florida now. I think more explicit signage leaving no room for interpretation is enough. I also just read they are suspending ALL boats except the big ferry from TTC. So no motor launch from GF to MK? I don't think a gator is going to jump in it.

I'm not too happy about fencing beaches. I don't think there's a person on this planet that doesn't know there are gators in Florida now. I think more explicit signage leaving no room for interpretation is enough. I also just read they are suspending ALL boats except the big ferry from TTC. So no motor launch from GF to MK? I don't think a gator is going to jump in it.

I am also wondering how permanent the motor launch suspension is. Big advantage going back to GF from MK. We really like the boats for transportation. Hmmm

Whoa whoa whoa...no boat from GF!? What in the world? So when the monorail is down you have to bus it? Not cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter