(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard about some possible monorail work in November 2016? I'm wondering if it would impact my stay at GF.

Also, if I get a standard room club level in an outer building, where can i see the fireworks or parade?
You can go to the dock, the lawn near Narcoossees or by Gasperillas. All are good locations but at Gaspys you prob won't see parade. The docks, Narcossees or prob the beach gives view of EWP.

Has anyone heard about some possible monorail work in November 2016? I'm wondering if it would impact my stay at GF.

Also, if I get a standard room club level in an outer building, where can i see the fireworks or parade?
The past 3 stays, 2 at GF & 1 at Poly, so the past 3 yrs they've been doing monorail work :rolleyes: so I'm looking forward to hopefully no monorail work THIS Aug!! But really the impact was minimal. They put on alt transportation. To get to Epcot rope drop we had to take a bus instead of monorail. I can live with it. A minor annoyance.

FP's booked. I did not do online check in yet. I am still contemplating my choices!!

See below, did take a snip of the online check in choices. Not sure of this was previously shared on this thread....

View attachment 175435
Confused why anyone would choose a dormer room?? I hate those slanted ceilings. I did online check in and just requested upper floor and near elevator. Am really hoping we can bypass checkin entirely and get the text with our room number before we even arrive on property so we can hit the parks immediately!

I heard about a Gator last year from Trish when I told her that I was walking one evening from GF back to Poly. She said a Gator was seen a couple of nights earlier near path.

I've seen gators at WDW, at AK under lakeside Flametree BBQ seating area. People were probably feeding it. Basically, if it's a body of water you have to assume there's a gator or 2 in it.
Such a tragic thing to happen.

Just heard the news and had to check in with my DIS/Grand friends, what a nightmare for this family. My thoughts are with them and all who are searching.

ETA: KOOK, just saw your post - yes, I believe you are correct.

FP's booked. I did not do online check in yet. I am still contemplating my choices!!

See below, did take a snip of the online check in choices. Not sure of this was previously shared on this thread....

Thanks for adding this, I will try to link to your post on the first page - it might take me a bit, I am not sure I've done it with the new(ish) format. :)

Confused why anyone would choose a dormer room?? I hate those slanted ceilings. I did online check in and just requested upper floor and near elevator. Am really hoping we can bypass checkin entirely and get the text with our room number before we even arrive on property so we can hit the parks immediately!

I'm with you, we usually ask to NOT have a dormer, we don't like the dormer balconies and they are usually a tad smaller. There are DISers who love them, though, due to the pretty ceiling that gives the impression of height and airiness to the room. Not to mention, some of the dormers in BPK have great views of the higher fireworks bursts. :teeth:

Hello my GF friends....

I am walking around all day thinking of that horrible tragedy at the Grand today. I haven't been around in so long, but I knew that everyone here would be feeling the same thing!!! Our happy place had a horrible evening and its just unimaginable to me. Those poor parents, I am beyond devastated for them!!!

So sad about this precious baby boy, all I know to do is pray for the family durning this most devastating time.

For others that are at WDW right now and in the future, please all be safe you just never know when something so unthinkable could happen, even in the happiest place on earth.

I didn't choose a dormer room last August in sugar loaf. However the view on the marina side that high was so amazing I decided to keep it.

There was a nice ledge around the top so I could put my coffee or wine on it and it felt like a cute bar. Loved watching the monorail, boats and fireworks from that height.

So for my next trip I would prefer non dormer unless they said only 1st floor.

On a side note:We did find the room quiet (fewer rooms on that floor).

Just heard the news and had to check in with my DIS/Grand friends, what a nightmare for this family. My thoughts are with them and all who are searching.

ETA: KOOK, just saw your post - yes, I believe you are correct.
:wave::grouphug:

KOOK - :wave2: Long time, no chat, my friend. :hug:

WishesQueen & BabyFu - I know, this has saddened me beyond words.

trishadono - we were the same, our first stay in Conch was in a dormer, and though we weren't thrilled with the balcony the view was incredible! I have some photos somewhere...:teeth:

Grand friends, I'm in a quandary! I need to add the Princess Promenade to the first page. BlueSkies brought it to my attention months ago, but it slipped my mind. :blush: First - does it still exist? I will have to look it up.

We currently do not have an "Activities" or "Children's Activities" post on the first page, most of it is covered under the Restaurants or Recreation sections. My question - should I try to add it to one of the existing posts? If so, which? Recreation? Or, should I put it in one of the reserved empty posts at the end? Trying to add it to the middle somewhere as it's own post would be a daunting task...but I don't like the idea of it marooned at the end, after the Villas post, either.

Thoughts? Anyone? :listen: Wondering how others would search for it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter