Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

What building is this? Is the marina side walkway accessible from Conch key to Gasparilla if you’re staying in that building?
That’s Sugar Loaf. I would take a guess and assume that if it’s currently closed, which it appears to be in this picture, the marina side walkway will not be available until Sugar Loaf is completed.

1676716090580.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it took them to do Big Pine Key and how long for Boca Chica? We are staying Easter week and we expect lots of construction, but I'm trying to guess when they will finish Sago Key and move on to the main building. LOL I know the guess is just that. I do wish they would give us a little more on what will be unavailable. I have Citricos and GFC booked so I assume those will be good, but it would be nice to know if Gasparilla's is going to be down (not a deal breaker) or if the monorail will be affected. If the monorail and walkway are both going to be closed off it's definitely time to try and piece together another DVC stay.

Does anyone know how long it took them to do Big Pine Key and how long for Boca Chica? We are staying Easter week and we expect lots of construction, but I'm trying to guess when they will finish Sago Key and move on to the main building. LOL I know the guess is just that. I do wish they would give us a little more on what will be unavailable. I have Citricos and GFC booked so I assume those will be good, but it would be nice to know if Gasparilla's is going to be down (not a deal breaker) or if the monorail will be affected. If the monorail and walkway are both going to be closed off it's definitely time to try and piece together another DVC stay.
Seems like they took about 4 months I think, on a FB group I'm in, someone staying at the Grand talked to a Disney wedding planner who felt confident any main building closures would be July and August. But it's all hearsay.

Seems like they took about 4 months I think, on a FB group I'm in, someone staying at the Grand talked to a Disney wedding planner who felt confident any main building closures would be July and August. But it's all hearsay.
My DH and I will be there next weekend, so I’ll see what details (if any) I can get. The CL manager at BWI told us March would be their closure time and that turned out to be true so hopefully one of the GF managers will have some info. It’s really frustrating to not know what they’re doing if you have a trip planned! We’re supposed to go back for spring break in mid March with our daughter too, but we may go with our backup resort depending on what we are told next weekend! I hope they will tell us something useful!

My DH and I will be there next weekend, so I’ll see what details (if any) I can get. The CL manager at BWI told us March would be their closure time and that turned out to be true so hopefully one of the GF managers will have some info. It’s really frustrating to not know what they’re doing if you have a trip planned! We’re supposed to go back for spring break in mid March with our daughter too, but we may go with our backup resort depending on what we are told next weekend! I hope they will tell us something useful!
Thank you for being our detective. 😉

We are planning an on-site stay in September and have yet to stay at the Grand Floridian. We are a family of 4 with two teenage boys. Looking for suggestions regarding your favorite section to stay in and why? Villas, main building, etc. Thanks in advance.

The construction started on March 1, 2022 and so far I think we have 3 buildings completed - Big Pine Key, Boca Chica and Conch Key. Can anyone onsite confirm what's going on with Conch Key? I'm really surprised they closed down Sugar Loaf and apparently now also Sago Cay without opening another building first. Editing my post because it's been confirmed Conch Key is also open now!

Big Pine Key (DVC Conversion) - 3/1/22 to 6/23/22
Boca Chica - 6/23/22 to 10/10/22
Conch Key - 10/10/22 to Feb/2023 (why isn't this open yet? Maybe it is and none of the blogs have covered it?)
Sugar Loaf - Mid/late January 2023 to ??
Sago Cay - Feb 2023 to ??

Last edited:
That’s Sugar Loaf. Conch has not reopened yet. I would take a guess and assume that if it’s currently closed, which it appears to be in this picture, the marina side walkway will not be available until Sugar Loaf is completed.

View attachment 740626
At the airport waiting on luggage got a text my room was ready at conch key. Hoping it doesn’t look like this 😳

At the airport waiting on luggage got a text my room was ready at conch key. Hoping it doesn’t look like this 😳
There's my answer! Hope you can share some pictures of what it looks like outside Conch Key when you get settled in. I'm sure it must be all cleaned up now though, I wouldn't worry! I'd just want to make sure my room was not close to Sugar Loaf since we know construction is still going on there.

Conch key is open! I’m in a Facebook group where the moderator confirmed that and a couple of guests have posted photos of recent Conch Key stays. The moderator of that group does regular construction updates (bless her heart!). I’d recommend joining it, it’s a private group called simply “grand Floridian resort and spa”.

The construction started on March 1, 2022 and so far I think we only have 2 buildings completed - Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Can anyone onsite confirm what's going on with Conch Key? I'm really surprised they closed down Sugar Loaf and apparently now also Sago Cay without opening another building first.

Conch key is open! I’m in a Facebook group where the moderator confirmed that and a couple of guests have posted photos of recent Conch Key stays. The moderator of that group does regular construction updates (bless her heart!). I’d recommend joining it, it’s a private group called simply “grand Floridian resort and spa”.
Yes it was just confirmed a couple posts up! One of our Diser’s just received their room assignment in Conch for check-in today! 🙂

Reimagined Narcoossee’s Menu with Prices

Appetizers​

Shrimp and Grits $19.00​

Local Gulf Shrimp, Peach Barbecue Sauce, Low Country Grits, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Chow-chow

Ocean-inspired Charcuterie Board $28.00​

Ahi Tuna Pastrami, Charred Octopus, Lobster Sausage

Buttermilk-fried Calamari $18.00​

Piquillo Pepper Relish, Tomatillo Aioli

Brisket and Ricotta Tortelloni $16.00​

Parsnip, Brown Butter, Sultana Raisins

Sweet Potato Gnocchi $16.00​

Lacinato Kale, Clamshell Mushrooms, Poma Rosa Tomato Ragù (Plant-based)

Soups and Salads​

Lobster Bisque $18.00​

Butter-poached Lobster, Vanilla, Coral

Romaine and Hearts of Palm* $16.00​

Pecorino Toscano, Cured Egg Yolk, Black Garlic Feuilles de Brick, Fried Caper Vinaigrette

Blueberry and Barrel Aged Feta Salad $15.00​

Tiny Lettuces, Candied Pistachio, Cornbread Cracker, Lemon Curd Dressing

Entrées​

Lemongrass Poached Ora King Salmon* $46.00​

Citrus Verjus, Salsify, Carolina Gold Rice

Blackened Redfish $48.00​

Chorizo-Sunchoke Hash, Hominy, Florida Sweet Corn, Red Pepper Rouille

Plancha-Seared Scallops & Parisian Gnocchi* $52.00​

English Peas, Tasso Ham, Truffled Meyer Lemon Cream

Gulf Shrimp Bucatini $42.00​

House-made Bucatini Pasta, Roasted Tomatoes, Savoy Spinach, Parsley, Basil Pistou

12oz. Prime NY Strip Steak* $59.00​

Potato Mash, Roasted Rainbow Vegetables, Red Wine Demi-Glace

Surf & Turf* $87.00​

6oz. Filet Mignon, Butter Poached Lobster Tail, Potato Mash, Roasted Rainbow Vegetables, Red Wine Demi-Glace

Dry-aged Pork Ribeye Chop* $46.00​

Goat Cheese-Potato Pave, Turnips, Fig Jus, Onion Jam

Roasted Vegetable Paella $34.00​

Market Vegetables, Cannellini Beans, Preserved Artichoke, Charred Meyer Lemon (Plant-based)

Sides​

Sweet and Sour Brussels Sprouts $11.00​

Applewood-smoked Bacon, Whipped Tupelo Honey

Wild Mushroom Risotto $12.00​

Fontina, Espellette Pepper

“Loaded” Mashed Potatoes $14.00​

Garlic Glazed Pork Belly, Smoked Cheddar, Crème Fraiche, Chives

Desserts​

Almond-crusted Cheesecake $16.00​

Lambert Cherry Sauce, Chantilly

Hazelnut Chocolate Bar $14.00​

Chocolate Sponge, Cassis, Ganache (Plant-based)

Berry Pavlova $14.00​

Yuzu Cremeux, Anglaise

Pineapple Bavarois $15.00​

Shortbread, Blackberry-Buttermilk Ice Cream

Artisanal Cheese Selection $22.00​

Four Chef-selected tasting portions with Prosciutto and Accompaniments

Featured Cocktails​

Lime Gimlet $16.50​

Empress 1908 Gin, Rockey’s Liqueur, Cane Sugar, Lime

The Grand Margarita $17.50​

Don Julio Añejo Tequila, Grand Marnier Liqueur, Cointreau Liqueur, Lime and Agave

Cold Brew Martini $15.50​

SelvaRey Chocolate Rum, Tia Maria Liqueur, Joffrey’s Coffee™ Cold Brew

Old-Fashioned $15.50​

Old Forester Bourbon, Courvoisier VS Cognac, Rosemary, Angostura Bitters

White Sangria $15.00​

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Ketel One Cucumber and Mint Botanical, Agave, Strawberry

Tawny Manhattan $16.50​

Elijah Craig Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Croft Reserve Tawny Port, Brown Sugar, Hella Cocktail Co. Orange Bitters

Just wanted to come on and say that we had the best weekend at the Grand Floridian two weeks ago. I was surprising my sister with this stay (she thought we were going to Pop ) and then we got the surprise of a lifetime when the GF upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite. We do make videos of our trips, if you skip ahead to around the 12 minute mark you can see the suite and the surprise without watching our travel day stuff. The room overlooked the construction so you can see a birds eye view as well.

Just wanted to come on and say that we had the best weekend at the Grand Floridian two weeks ago. I was surprising my sister with this stay (she thought we were going to Pop ) and then we got the surprise of a lifetime when the GF upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite. We do make videos of our trips, if you skip ahead to around the 12 minute mark you can see the suite and the surprise without watching our travel day stuff. The room overlooked the construction so you can see a birds eye view as well.
This is amazing and such a lovely video.

Congrats on the :wizard: my mom and I were also pixie dusted that suite quite a few years ago and I'm glad to see it's still
beautiful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter