Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

we are coming down June 7-14!!
I'm not sure how much it costs to rent from the fort vs the rv company. Ill look into that tonight and get back to ya!.

Seven weeks out from today, I have to admit that out of the family I am probably the most excited. This will only be my 2nd trip to WDW, about 30 years since my last trip, and my wife has never been. This will also be our trip staying at a Disney resort, before we had kids we live about 20 minutes from Disneyland and California Adventure and were annual pass holders. We do have a day scheduled where we aren't going to the parks and are just going to hang out and enjoy the Fort, these next seven weeks can't go by fast enough!

We are heading down in a few weeks too!!! We stayed at the cabins before and loved them.

Hi Everyone! Great thread...

I am going this month to the Fort. What happens if we have 2 cars? Where do i park it? Also my daughter is allergic to mosquito bites. Are there mosquito's at the Fort?

Thanks!

I am going this month to the Fort. What happens if we have 2 cars? Where do i park it? Also my daughter is allergic to mosquito bites. Are there mosquito's at the Fort?

Thanks!

Hi, my understanding is that each campsite or cabin at Fort Wilderness can accomodate one car, and additional cars if any may be parked in the lot near the check-in builing near the entrance of the resort.

There are mosquitos in Fort Wilderness, though fewer than other campgrounds as Disney has a mosquito murdering division.

Disney has a mosquito murdering division.

My wife will be happy to here this, they don't seem to care for me but they find her quite tasty.

Its snowing here again today, freezing rain predicted for Wednesday and more snow this weekend, I'm not real happy with Punxsutawney Phil right now.:furious: If it keeps up like this these last few weeks are going to go by really slow.

Cabins at "The Fort" day 2. Still loving it. The kids slept in the bunk beds, DP slept on the Murphy bed and I slept on the couch. We are Pooh sized so a double bed is not comfortable to for 2 of us. I could have slept in the room with the kids but they like having their own room and I like them having their own room. I am Pooh Sized as far as width but I'm short (5' 1") It was fine.

It feels so relaxing when we hit the woods. We drove to AKL and then DP and DD wanted to come back and DS and I wanted to say so they drove back and DS and I took the bus. It was great. With the extra space and the kids having their own space we all want to be in the cabin and I think we will relax a lot!!!

PS Love the "murder" mosiquitos comment!! And 2 of mine are mosquito magnets so it's good to know.

Cabins at "The Fort" day 2. Still loving it. The kids slept in the bunk beds, DP slept on the Murphy bed and I slept on the couch. We are Pooh sized so a double bed is not comfortable to for 2 of us. I could have slept in the room with the kids but they like having their own room and I like them having their own room. I am Pooh Sized as far as width but I'm short (5' 1") It was fine.

Thanks for the info. WE will have 2 adults (my mom and I) and 5 kids ages 2, 10, 12, 14 and 15. The baby will be in a kiddie air mattress in the bedroom. Thinking the bunks for the oldest 2. One of the kids will probably sleep with me and another on the couch. Glad to know it's good for sleeping! We have also thought about bringing a twin sized air mattress and putting it in the kitchen so nobody has to share a bed.

Well we got home yesterday :(

The cabin was great. It's been a few years since we stayed in one and they were just as great as I remembered. FW is always amazing! However, the weather......was terrible!:headache: It rained the entire time we were there. Of course this is no reflection on the cabins or FW, but it did make our trip a little less magical. In fact, I've lived in Central Florida for over 20 years and I can't remember a time where it rained for so many days in a row. Just some bad luck but we made the best of a bad situation and still had a good time.

We had a cabin in the 2500 loop and I thought this was a great location. Our's had a nice little stream behind it and was very wooded back there. For those wondering about mosquitoes they were out during our stay. I think it was worse at our cabin because of the stream behind us. They weren't horrible, but I would bring spray. Just an FYI for those coming in the next few weeks. Mosquitoes are always worse after a lot of rain. Hopefully, they will get those sprayer trucks out there. Mousekeeping was wonderful. In fact every cast member we dealt with was great.

We didn't get to do many of our favorite activities due to the wet weather. Never made it to the movies, so we rented a few DVDs and made S'mores on the deck. Too wet for fishing and kayaking. Too cold for swimming. (I know all you Northerners are laughing. I used to laugh too, but after being down here awhile I've become spoiled). We had two great meals at Trail's End. Breakfast one morning and dinner our last night.
Sorry no take out waffles. :worried:
We went over to the MK one day, visited the WL and CR too.
We had a golf cart so we spent a lot of time driving around in the rain splashing through puddles. Kinda fun actually.:laughing:

Not the vacation I had planned but when life gives you lemons.....
book another trip! :lmao:

Sorry about the horrible weather. I think all of us can handle a bit of rain but when it sticks around for the whole time, well that just sucks. It sounds like you still managed to make the best of it though. I'm glad to hear Trails End was good. We will be having dinner there in 15 days. So did you book a bounce back stay?

Magic Bands are done! We had so much fun decorating them. It's amazing what nail polish and gems can do! Now how the heck do I insert a picture!!

LOVE them!!! Y'all did an awesome job!!! You've given me some ideas now!!! If you want to post a picture, you have to use Photobucket or Flickr. Upload the picture to that site, then copy the link. If you have trouble, PM me and I'll walk you through it.:thumbsup2

we are coming down June 7-14!!
I'm not sure how much it costs to rent from the fort vs the rv company. Ill look into that tonight and get back to ya!.

:cheer2: for a FW trip!! The day y'all get down to the Fort is the day we're moving over to the WL. I'll wave to ya as we head out ;) Would love to hear about the prices of the RVs....thanks a million!!!

We are heading down in a few weeks too!!! We stayed at the cabins before and loved them.

A few weeks??!!! :dance3: Are you excited or what??!!

Thanks!

Hi there yolie:wave2: Have you started packing, yet??? Bet your family is super excited!!! WDW1979 is right on about the mosquitos...they're there, but not too bad. Just make sure you have bug spray.

Hi, my understanding is that each campsite or cabin at Fort Wilderness can accomodate one car, and additional cars if any may be parked in the lot near the check-in builing near the entrance of the resort.

There are mosquitos in Fort Wilderness, though fewer than other campgrounds as Disney has a mosquito murdering division.

:rotfl: now THAT'S funny!!!

My wife will be happy to here this, they don't seem to care for me but they find her quite tasty.

Its snowing here again today, freezing rain predicted for Wednesday and more snow this weekend, I'm not real happy with Punxsutawney Phil right now.:furious: If it keeps up like this these last few weeks are going to go by really slow.

Poor Phil....because of his news, there are lots of unhappy campers right now (no pun intended :upsidedow) Crazy winter, isn't it!!?? Hope the weather man is wrong and the freezing rain doesn't happen.

It feels so relaxing when we hit the woods. We drove to AKL and then DP and DD wanted to come back and DS and I wanted to say so they drove back and DS and I took the bus. It was great. With the extra space and the kids having their own space we all want to be in the cabin and I think we will relax a lot!!!

PS Love the "murder" mosiquitos comment!! And 2 of mine are mosquito magnets so it's good to know.

:goodvibes So glad y'all are giving us a live report from the Fort!!!! The cabins are awesome, aren't they!? The extra space is always a plus. Good to hear the bed situation isn't giving you any grief. From time to time, people do complain about the double beds. Hope y'all have a very magical day tomorrow!!!!

Thanks for the info. WE will have 2 adults (my mom and I) and 5 kids ages 2, 10, 12, 14 and 15. The baby will be in a kiddie air mattress in the bedroom. Thinking the bunks for the oldest 2. One of the kids will probably sleep with me and another on the couch. Glad to know it's good for sleeping! We have also thought about bringing a twin sized air mattress and putting it in the kitchen so nobody has to share a bed.

If you have room, it might not be a bad idea. My DS12 slept on the couch and he said it was fine. Of course kids will sleep anywhere :laughing:

Well we got home yesterday :(

The cabin was great. It's been a few years since we stayed in one and they were just as great as I remembered. FW is always amazing! However, the weather......was terrible!:headache: It rained the entire time we were there. Of course this is no reflection on the cabins or FW, but it did make our trip a little less magical. In fact, I've lived in Central Florida for over 20 years and I can't remember a time where it rained for so many days in a row. Just some bad luck but we made the best of a bad situation and still had a good time.

We had a cabin in the 2500 loop and I thought this was a great location. Our's had a nice little stream behind it and was very wooded back there. For those wondering about mosquitoes they were out during our stay. I think it was worse at our cabin because of the stream behind us. They weren't horrible, but I would bring spray. Just an FYI for those coming in the next few weeks. Mosquitoes are always worse after a lot of rain. Hopefully, they will get those sprayer trucks out there. Mousekeeping was wonderful. In fact every cast member we dealt with was great.

We didn't get to do many of our favorite activities due to the wet weather. Never made it to the movies, so we rented a few DVDs and made S'mores on the deck. Too wet for fishing and kayaking. Too cold for swimming. (I know all you Northerners are laughing. I used to laugh too, but after being down here awhile I've become spoiled). We had two great meals at Trail's End. Breakfast one morning and dinner our last night.
Sorry no take out waffles. :worried:
We went over to the MK one day, visited the WL and CR too.
We had a golf cart so we spent a lot of time driving around in the rain splashing through puddles. Kinda fun actually.:laughing:

Not the vacation I had planned but when life gives you lemons.....
book another trip! :lmao:

So sorry to hear about the rain:sad2: but glad to know y'all made the best of it. This winter weather has just been so dang crazy, hasn't it?!

Curious about the 2500 loop...did you think it was too far away from everything? Or did it really matter since you had a golf cart? By the way, riding through the rain in the cart does sound like fun!!! My kids would think that was the best ever! Don't blame you about swimming;) Too cold for my southern blood!

And your last sentence cracked me up!!!! LOVE IT!!!! How true is that??!! Just book another trip! ....so did you??? popcorn::

Nope haven't booked another trip.....yet.:rotfl2: However, I have been on the computer all day looking at different options. Unfortunately, I have to get some of my ducks in a row before I book another :sad:

Wanted to share a couple of things with y'all....

I posted a link about the DisMembers sign on the first page of this thread - Bama_ed created the sign thread, and he did an excellent job of explaining how to create/edit your own sign. This is mine :teeth: I'm sure it will change a few hundred times.....

Might put this in the window, or like Bama said, have it printed on wafer type board and post outside :thumbsup2

This is the template that you can use....

And one more picture for y'all :teeth: While reading on the Resort Forum, I ran across this picture in kaybird's signature. I thought it was a super cute idea and super simple!

By the way, our wreath is coming along. My father pulled some grapevine down today and we got that cut and formed into the 3 separate wreaths (a Mickey) Now to find just the right ribbon :scratchin

Wanted to share a couple of things with y'all....

I posted a link about the DisMembers sign on the first page of this thread - Bama_ed created the sign thread, and he did an excellent job of explaining how to create/edit your own sign. This is mine :teeth: I'm sure it will change a few hundred times.....

Might put this in the window, or like Bama said, have it printed on wafer type board and post outside :thumbsup2

This is the template that you can use....

And one more picture for y'all :teeth: While reading on the Resort Forum, I ran across this picture in kaybird's signature. I thought it was a super cute idea and super simple!

By the way, our wreath is coming along. My father pulled some grapevine down today and we got that cut and formed into the 3 separate wreaths (a Mickey) Now to find just the right ribbon :scratchin
Love your sign!! I might have to make one if I have time!!
I'm going to look for swim rings this week or have my mom find them in FL. Lol. Probably not many in MI.

I'm going to look for swim rings this week or have my mom find them in FL. Lol. Probably not many in MI.

I do like H's swim rings and you're right about not finding them in MI right now. Oh My Goodness the temperature change is killin' us. Though I'm not bummer we're going to be missing the newest storms that are supposed to be going through SW MI while we're gone.

Hope it's not quite as hot when you guys are here. But that being said, it hasn't been raining but for a little bit.

Yesterday I did laundry. We're in loop 2200 so it was a short walk to the Swimming Hole. Came back we went to HS and that was it.

Today I've started exploring. I went to the Outpost to get a new schedule for the week and then to The Meadows Trading Post. DP just left to "go to town for supplies" Okay it's Publix but anyway. The kids and I are heading to the Meadows Swimming Pool and later on we're going to try the boat to MK rather than driving. We do not have a golf cart and other than walking to do laundry I've been using the internal buses and think they're great.

Off to do more exploring....

Nope haven't booked another trip.....yet.:rotfl2: However, I have been on the computer all day looking at different options. Unfortunately, I have to get some of my ducks in a row before I book another :sad:

Are your ducks in a row, yet?? ;) So let's hear about these "options" :teeth:

My guess....not in MI :laughing: You could always print the sign on paper and put it in the window.

Yesterday I did laundry. We're in loop 2200 so it was a short walk to the Swimming Hole. Came back we went to HS and that was it.

Today I've started exploring. I went to the Outpost to get a new schedule for the week and then to The Meadows Trading Post. DP just left to "go to town for supplies" Okay it's Publix but anyway. The kids and I are heading to the Meadows Swimming Pool and later on we're going to try the boat to MK rather than driving. We do not have a golf cart and other than walking to do laundry I've been using the internal buses and think they're great.

Off to do more exploring....

Glad to hear y'alls trip is going so well!!! :goodvibes Boat vs. car??? What do you think?? Did you time it to see? Even though we drive, hubby almost refuses to step foot in the vehicle :upsidedow For some reason he loves the buses and all modes of Disney transportation. I love the monorail and boats, but I'm not crazy about the bus.

Hope your exploring went well and you found all kinds of new and fun things to do and see!

Glad to hear y'alls trip is going so well!!! :goodvibes Boat vs. car??? What do you think?? Did you time it to see? Even though we drive, hubby almost refuses to step foot in the vehicle :upsidedow For some reason he loves the buses and all modes of Disney transportation. I love the monorail and boats, but I'm not crazy about the bus.

Hope your exploring went well and you found all kinds of new and fun things to do and see!

We prefer our car. Taking the boat over was okay but at the end of the day we wished we'd had our car. I do like taking the bus around the resort. I even took it one stop from laundry to our loop earlier today because it was cold and rainy.

We've never had good luck with resort buses but it's a nice option if we want to split up like we did the other day. My son and I rode the bus back the other day.

We took today off and the kids hung out in the cabin with DP doing homework while I did laundry. We went to DTD and ate lunch and shopped. It's not quite 7 and we're back at the cabin. We may or may not go to the pool later. It's way too cold for me, but the kids....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter