Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hi
I've just found this thread and excited for our stay in may.
(So relieved to finally have left the whole cbr debacle behind )

We will be a party of 3 -me, dh & dmil (87!) ..
Unfortunately there aren't any cabins available with ramps but hopefully the 3? Steps won't be too difficult to climb up and down.
Can't wait now for our Trip and looking forward to any helpful hints/tips you guys would be willing to share.

That's great.

Thanks very much :flower1:
fort-wilderness-magical-express-2.JPG

Here's a picture from allears of the magical express drop off. Straight ahead is the building with the check in desk. To the left of the picture would be the parking lot.

How often do the boats run to Magic Kingdom?
Boats to the MK begin running 30 minutes before opening until 1.5 hours after closing. I've never waited long for a boat. Maybe 20 minutes if we walk up as the boat is leaving. It's one of the best things about the fort for us.

Boats to the MK begin running 30 minutes before opening until 1.5 hours after closing. I've never waited long for a boat. Maybe 20 minutes if we walk up as the boat is leaving. It's one of the best things about the fort for us.
Thank you! That is good to know. This is our first time at Fort Wilderness, normally we stay at Port Orleans Riverside.

Hi
I've just found this thread and excited for our stay in may.
(So relieved to finally have left the whole cbr debacle behind )

We will be a party of 3 -me, dh & dmil (87!) ..
Unfortunately there aren't any cabins available with ramps but hopefully the 3? Steps won't be too difficult to climb up and down.
Can't wait now for our Trip and looking forward to any helpful hints/tips you guys would be willing to share.

I believe there are 5 steps, however, there are handicap accessible cabins with ramps.

How walkable is it from the cabins to disney busses to the parks? A family member is looking at staying at the cabins but knowing them the parks will be enough walking.

Hi-today's queries ..

Is there one night with chip & dale which is traditionally less crowded than others ?
Or this like asking how long is a piece of string?
Additionally, what time should we plan to arrive?

If we were to take an evening stroll around the resort-do the sidewalks all have dropped kerbs for a wheelchair or ecv?

How walkable is it from the cabins to disney busses to the parks? A family member is looking at staying at the cabins but knowing them the parks will be enough walking.

It depends on your definition of walkable and if you mean from the cabin to the main park buses or if you just mean walkable to the closest bus stop that can then take them to the main bus depots to the parks. It is usually very walkable from the cabin loops to the closest bus stop, but some loops are larger than others so might be more walking. Walking from the cabins to the main depot at the Outpost for Epcot, DHS, or AK, can be a bit farther from some loops than others.

Just to let you know they say that FW is 1 mile as the crow flies from the Outpost (entrance) to the Settlement (marina/HDDR/TE). Cabins are loops 2200-2800/Map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

Hi-today's queries ..
If we were to take an evening stroll around the resort-do the sidewalks all have dropped kerbs for a wheelchair or ecv?

The walkways are not normal sidewalks, but more concrete paths. I do not believe there is even a curb, just flat to the street. You can probably find videos or pictures online.

Thinking of a cabin for the first time, but I have some questions:)

We will be party of 6, if we only get a 4 seater golf cart, will we fit?

Are there places to park the carts by pools/food court?

Are the cabins and tents all mixed, or are they separate?

Are there gators around the cabin/walking areas?

We would be on the DDP, would we be able to eat lunch and use snacks as a quick serve meal credit/snack credit somewhere? Is the trails end a table service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter