Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Nice day here too, got up into the 50's, snow is melting :cool1:

Got some work done on the truck, new brake pads, changed the oil, and changed the air filter.

Installed the camper battery. Still some cold nights in the forecast so I'm not comfortable dewinterizing the water system yet, hopefully next weekend.

Less than two weeks to go!!! :cool1:

I've been doing some reading about the subject and I was just wondering if anybody else thinks it would be a good idea for disney to open up River Country again.i'm really disappointed that I missed out on such a great facility.

I watched a few YouTube videos on RC and how it has basically been abandoned. Very intriguing!
You can sort of see it on the boat ride to MK. I did take our golf cart back to the entrance one morning. Just wanted to see where exactly is was located..... Sort of eerie!

Thing is , it seems like such a great addition to the whole FW experience and fits into the theme so well I don't see why they wouldn't want to bring it back?

River Country is gone forever! :sad2:

We have been going to the Fort for many years and had some wonderful times at River Country, but even though it also had a pool, the most fun was the lake area with different water activities on it. It used lake water (had a inlet on the side connected to lake). Over the years the lake water was not deemed safe, plus the opening of the two other water parks - poor RC was doomed! :faint:

Just wish they would have torn it down instead of letting it slowly rot away. It is so sad for us to see it every time we pass - truly a 'ghost' water park.

We have so many wonderful memories from there with our older children. :thumbsup2

Nice day here too, got up into the 50's, snow is melting :cool1:

Got some work done on the truck, new brake pads, changed the oil, and changed the air filter.

Installed the camper battery. Still some cold nights in the forecast so I'm not comfortable dewinterizing the water system yet, hopefully next weekend.

Less than two weeks to go!!! :cool1:

Now you have about a week!!!! :yay: Bet y'all are getting super excited, and I bet you're totally ready for some warm sunshine!!! Weather has been super nice down here in the south. Hope it stays this way for your vacation:thumbsup2

We are trying to rent a cabin for 4/27/14 and 4/28/14 Where can I get the cheapest rate?

Did you check the Disney website? I think they are offering 25% off rack rate on moderate resorts. Generally speaking, travelocity and those types of sites are usually around the same rate.

River Country is gone forever! :sad2:

We have been going to the Fort for many years and had some wonderful times at River Country, but even though it also had a pool, the most fun was the lake area with different water activities on it. It used lake water (had a inlet on the side connected to lake). Over the years the lake water was not deemed safe, plus the opening of the two other water parks - poor RC was doomed! :faint:

Just wish they would have torn it down instead of letting it slowly rot away. It is so sad for us to see it every time we pass - truly a 'ghost' water park.

We have so many wonderful memories from there with our older children. :thumbsup2

I totally agree! Sad to watch it rot away. Not sure why Disney allows it to just sit there. We have lots of great memories from RC...I'll see if I can dig up some old pics and post them ;)

Just made our reservations for a Cabin at the Fort. dec 1-10. Yahoo!!! So excited!

:dance3::woohoo: What a great time of year to visit!! Not only will the Fort be decorated, but the park crowds should be fairly low!!!

Do you know what Tri-Circle D stands for? This and more in Jim Korkis' article on the Tri-Circle D Ranch HERE.

Now you have about a week!!!! :yay: Bet y'all are getting super excited, and I bet you're totally ready for some warm sunshine!!! Weather has been super nice down here in the south. Hope it stays this way for your vacation:thumbsup2

One week from today we will be on our way down. :cool1: We had a spring tease with temps in the 60s earlier this week, but winter isn't going out without a fight. Yesterday it didn't get out of the 20's with wind chills in the single digits, and now they are calling for more snow Sunday night into Monday, so we are definitely looking forward to some warm weather. I'm camping a cabin with the cub scouts tonight, maybe I can pretend it is one of the cabins at the fort.

We are pretty much set to go just got to load cloths and food into the camper next week.

We rented from Kenny a few weeks ago and he said he has golf carts already on site, I believe all the time. Not sure how that works unless Disney doesn't actually know about it. There are so many golf carts around the campgrounds at different locations, I guess it is possible to sort of "keep" some there at all times.

Were you able to talk to Kenny? I tried calling and never heard from him.

Greetings all. Just booked a cabin for July 12-19. There are six of us, and this was the most reasonable priced resort that could accommodate us. We have a lot of learning to do, definitely some great information on the first page of the thread.

Greetings all. Just booked a cabin for July 12-19. There are six of us, and this was the most reasonable priced resort that could accommodate us. We have a lot of learning to do, definitely some great information on the first page of the thread.

Congrats!! You will love the cabin. We stayed for the first time back in Jan. There were six of us as well and it's was wonderful. Enjoy!!

Great article. Thanks for posting the link!!
You're welcome, neeleyd. That reminds me that I have another recent article by Jack Spence that some of you might enjoy. I'll post the link here in a minute...

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking! Lots of friendly folk around these parts who will be happy to help you.

So a really odd question which I just thought of. If in a cabin, is there any room to pitch a tent outside, or is that just an inappropriate thing to do?

In the cabins we stayed in there really was'nt anyplace that looked like a good tent pitching area.i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if there are better spots available.

We are going to try camping for a surprise trip :goodvibes
The kids are not expecting to go until late in 2015 so a bonus camping trip will be fun. I am very excited to finally stay at the Fort!

In the cabins we stayed in there really was'nt anyplace that looked like a good tent pitching area.i guess it wouldn't hurt to ask if there are better spots available.

I have been looking at some pictures of the cabin exteriors, and I would tend to agree. It was just a weird thought I had to maybe give us a little more room.

So a really odd question which I just thought of. If in a cabin, is there any room to pitch a tent outside, or is that just an inappropriate thing to do?

No, there really isn't much room for a tent and I don't believe it actually is allowed at the cabin sites. Might want to give them a call and confirm though.

There is still snow on the ground here but we are going to Disney this week!!!

We will start loading up the camper tonight. Looking at overnight temps I can finally feel comfortable dewinterizing and sanitizing the water system. On Thursday we will load the food, bikes and hook up. We leave early Friday and will be at the Fort on Saturday!! :banana::yay::cool1::banana:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter