Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Thanks neeleyd and hstrickland! especially for the welcome :thumbsup2 Yes, first post! I am a major planner, but the existing threads have been SO helpful, I have not yet needed to actually post. all of my questions seem to be answered already! so, I have just been lurking pirate: I do agree the golf carts would be fun - and I am sure the kids would really love them! - but I am also trying to figure out how I am going to load the two kiddos, our stuff, and the double stroller on the cart..... I guess we will only have to do it for three or four days, so I should probably just suck it up. the other option would be renting a car, which I know we can't drive around the campground, but we would use it to get to and from the other parks directly from our site. walking would actually be my preference, if it is not too far. about how long is that walk from the preferred sites to the main entrance to the campground? everything I was reading was telling me it was quite a walk and you would either need a golf cart or need to use the internal bus. any info on this would be very helpful. thank you!!!

We had a 4-seater golf cart. 4 adults, 4 yo and a 6 mo. old, also a double stroller, along with other STUFF!!. It was a lot, but can be done :)
The walk would be pretty far ( and then you have to walk BACK after you return....yikes!)

We had a 4-seater golf cart. 4 adults, 4 yo and a 6 mo. old, also a double stroller, along with other STUFF!!. It was a lot, but can be done :)
The walk would be pretty far ( and then you have to walk BACK after you return....yikes!)

That is the info I needed neeleyd!! thanks for the advice, and encouragement :)

How far are the bathrooms from sites? I requested to be close. LOL we will be there in October with 2 adults and 4 kids (8,8,6,3 (almost4)). I'm thinking a golf cart rental is out of our price range.

Have you tried an off site golf cart rental company
They're about half the price of FW carts?

How far are the bathrooms from sites? I requested to be close. LOL we will be there in October with 2 adults and 4 kids (8,8,6,3 (almost4)). I'm thinking a golf cart rental is out of our price range.

Comfort stations are close depending on your location of course. We were in loop 2400 near loop entrance. This was very close to a comfort station (w/smaller swimming pool) and also very close to a bus stop. I originally had requested loop 2500 near the pool because I realized that would get me close to the comfort station. We were assigned to 2400 ( still close). They would have moved us, but we had food already in the cabin that had been delivered.

We also rented our golf cart from an off site person. Saved us some $$.

This will be my first try with an offsite rental cart so I hope it goes smoothly
Make sure to stay in contact with them. We had a "little" snafu because I was told they would contact me the day before our departure. No one called and when I inquired why our cart wasn't there, was told I was supposed to call them. Little lack of communication. We didn't get our cart until the next day, but they did credit us for the one day. All worked out, but caused a little stess

We also rented our golf cart from an off site person. Saved us some $$.

Can you let me know what company you used and the price? I have a cart reserved from the Ft. wilderness. They quoted me $316 for a 5 day rental...:crazy2:

Traveling to Ft. Wilderness Cabins in March 24-29th!! Just got my magic bands today!! So excited...:cool1::cool1:

Can you let me know what company you used and the price? I have a cart reserved from the Ft. wilderness. They quoted me $316 for a 5 day rental...:crazy2:
I booked a 4 seater for ten days from beachline golf carts for less than 400 in may

Do they deliver the cart to ft. Wilderness? I would have no way to tow it! Lol
Yes
You just have to make arrangements to meet him.
I spoke to the gentleman for quite awhile and he seemed very professional
It's a small inconvenience for half the cost.

I rented from Tee Time Golf Carts. 4-seater for 5 days was $178.85 total.

neeleyd said:
I rented from Tee Time Golf Carts. 4-seater for 5 days was $178.85 total.

Now that is not bad! Looks like beachline is about 220. I'm thinking it would be handy to have. Does the bus come to you no matter where your at. This is our first trip. I'm not sure what to expect. But we love to camp and will be in a tent.

And our "extra" day is booked! Our new dates are September 6th-13th. I can't wait!! I even have a countdown going for making my ADR's. Less than 2 weeks for that :cool1:

Thanks neeleyd and hstrickland! especially for the welcome :thumbsup2

Make yourself at home :teeth:

Yes, first post! I am a major planner, but the existing threads have been SO helpful, I have not yet needed to actually post. all of my questions seem to be answered already! so, I have just been lurking pirate:

Planning is half the fun for me;) And it's quite of ok to be a lurker...my hubby is one of the biggest lurkers on the Dis:laughing:- a man of few words!

I do agree the golf carts would be fun - and I am sure the kids would really love them! - but I am also trying to figure out how I am going to load the two kiddos, our stuff, and the double stroller on the cart..... I guess we will only have to do it for three or four days, so I should probably just suck it up. the other option would be renting a car, which I know we can't drive around the campground, but we would use it to get to and from the other parks directly from our site.

walking would actually be my preference, if it is not too far. about how long is that walk from the preferred sites to the main entrance to the campground? everything I was reading was telling me it was quite a walk and you would either need a golf cart or need to use the internal bus. any info on this would be very helpful. thank you!!!

Where there's a will, there's a way :laughing: Pile the golf cart high and go for it! Beats walking any day!

We are going in September. We are going to rent a car to visit family in Tampa (I am trying to convince them to come visit us and not lose a park day :)) and to drive to parks if needed. We will also be renting a golf cart, for transportation and fun. I would rather be in charge of my transportation than rely on buses if I don't have to (I have control issues, I know, ask my wife ;))

Tell the fam to come and meet y'all ::yes:: Tell them you'll give the full tour of the Fort:thumbsup2 Don't blame you a bit about transportation.... I can be a little controlling myself and like to have plenty of options ;) The golf cart will definitely add a little fun and excitement to the trip.

The walk would be pretty far ( and then you have to walk BACK after you return....)

Can you imagine after a long day in the park??! :scared1: ....:faint:

...we will be there in October with 2 adults and 4 kids (8,8,6,3 (almost4)).

:wave2: Yay for an October trip!!!! Lots of fun for your family. :cheer2: Never too early to start getting your ducks in a row!

This will be my first try with an offsite rental cart so I hope it goes smoothly

We've never used the offsite rentals, so I definitely want to hear how it goes.......full report please :teeth: details...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Traveling to Ft. Wilderness Cabins in March 24-29th!! Just got my magic bands today!! So excited.

:cheer2::dance3: So close, so close!!!!!

Does the bus come to you no matter where your at. This is our first trip. I'm not sure what to expect. But we love to camp and will be in a tent.

The bus doesn't come exactly by your site, but there should be a depot very close. Check out those maps at the beginning of the thread and it should show you exactly where the bus stops are located in comparison to the campsites. Great idea to start planning now:thumbsup2 And expect to have fun!!!!

And our "extra" day is booked! Our new dates are September 6th-13th. I can't wait!! I even have a countdown going for making my ADR's. Less than 2 weeks for that :cool1:

I knew that pixiedust: would help!!! So exciting!!! Now let me hurry back to the first page and make the necessary corrections ::yes::

Now that is not bad! Looks like beachline is about 220. I'm thinking it would be handy to have. Does the bus come to you no matter where your at. This is our first trip. I'm not sure what to expect. But we love to camp and will be in a tent.

If you rent from an offsite location, they will deliver the golf cart to the cart parking area at the entrance to the campground, right next to the resort bus stops. The internal buses stop at several designated areas around the campground. If you take a look at the maps you can get a good idea of where each of them are and maybe help decide on a "loop" request. We had a blast driving the cart around the campground and it makes it great for a quick trip to the Settlement or Meadows camp stores if you need something. Also great for going to the marina (on your way to catch the boat to MK), to eat at Trail's End (or Hoop Dee Doo) and also to the Meadows for the nightly campfire with Chip and Dale, nightly outdoor movie, swimming, bike rentals....sorry, I could go on and on...oops, guess I did :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter