Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Moved our Christmas trip to Easter weekend, and now staying at Coronado. Booked water view, but hoping a tower standard view opens up.

We requested Cabanas rooms (8A, 8B, 8C) since it's closer to the lobby. Quick question - if you're staying at regular coronado, could you use the gym in the tower?
Yes, both fitness centers are open to you

So I am here now at CSR and I was last here in mid-April. During our April trip which was week following Easter and not super busy at all we tried eating at Mercado and it was horrible...there were some plastic containers of food sitting out mainly containers of nachos...so you had to stand there and order what you wanted...it was unbelievable there were several cooks behind counter but they would only take one order at a time and then prepare it before taking someone else’s order. The CMs seemed to have a lot of trouble understanding what you wanted even with limited selections. Then there was only one cashier with a long line...by the time you paid and sat down and opened your container it was full of dripping condensation dripping into your soggy food! This process was repeated following morning with soggy waffles which we needed up throwing away...given situation with Pandemic we did not complain but just ate further meals away from resort and placed a Publix order.
So now here we are almost 6 months later and it’s worse than ever. There is a some kind of conference going on this week so a large number of people with a limited time for lunch in Mercado today. I came in at 11:30 and was in the middle of large number of people trying to order and very frustrated I saw quite a few finally just grabbing refrigerated items and 2 I saw just get ice cream and bakery items. They are still taking just one order at a time and there is no signage to tell you where to even order or line up. Unbelievably there was only one cashier available and line was crazy long. I finally was able to order at 11:50 and waited 12 min before getting food. I quickly opened top of container part way so I wouldn’t end up with soggy food but it certainly was hot by time I got through line to pay. It was just about 1:00 by time we left and I finally saw a 2nd cashier arrive. Had dinner at Rix Sports Bar and really enjoyed food service was great. The menu there has changed since April and although it could still use a little more variety we had no trouble finding something that we liked.

My daughter and her family arrived today and they love the resort! They are headed to MK tomorrow and would like to to grab the first bus to the park. If you have stayed recently what time did the first bus usually arrive? Thanks!

We were just gifted a reservation for WDW Marathon Weekend. Our friends had DVC points expiring so they used them to reserve a room but now they can't go so they are giving it to us. All they know is that they were given a "King Room" by DVC Member Services. Does anyone know what kind of room it may be or the location? We have never been there so are pretty clueless. Thanks for any help.

We just booked our Disney/Universal Christmas vacation and will be staying at the Coronado Springs from Dec 16-21! We've never stayed on resort before so we are all very excited about this new experience.

We decided to stay on resort because of our 9 year old daughters clubfoot. She has mobility issues, and so the least walking is best, and we'll have the option to break up the day for rests at the resort. We will have to have a wheelchair reserved for parks, but can anyone give insight into the best option for area of the resort to stay? Close to bus stops, restaurants, pools, etc? Any info is greatly appreciated.

We just booked our Disney/Universal Christmas vacation and will be staying at the Coronado Springs from Dec 16-21! We've never stayed on resort before so we are all very excited about this new experience.

We decided to stay on resort because of our 9 year old daughters clubfoot. She has mobility issues, and so the least walking is best, and we'll have the option to break up the day for rests at the resort. We will have to have a wheelchair reserved for parks, but can anyone give insight into the best option for area of the resort to stay? Close to bus stops, restaurants, pools, etc? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I have mobility issues as well, and we usually request Casitas. It's closest to the first bus stop, which means being able to get on the first bus that comes by (and get a seat!). It's about halfway between the main pool and the area with all the restaurants. I know some people like Cabanas for the same reason (halfway between pool and food), plus it's quieter/more relaxing.

We were just gifted a reservation for WDW Marathon Weekend. Our friends had DVC points expiring so they used them to reserve a room but now they can't go so they are giving it to us. All they know is that they were given a "King Room" by DVC Member Services. Does anyone know what kind of room it may be or the location? We have never been there so are pretty clueless. Thanks for any help.
At CSR, king rooms are located in all areas of the resort.

At CSR. Missed the early bus to AK (mornings are rough on vacation 😂). I noticed an MK bus go by about 7:15 and another shortly after so they’re getting buses running nice and early. MK opens at 9am this morning.

This is definitely different from when I was at Boardwalk on Sat and the first MK bus didn’t arrive until like 7:50, I think the difference must be due to EE having starting Sunday.

You can book DVC at CSR?

CSR is not a DVC property… however, DVC members can book Disney resort hotels using their points. They’re part of what’s called the ‘Disney Collection.’ When booking a regular resort room, the point cost per day is typically higher than if you were to book a DVC resort. There’s also a non-refundable $95 transaction fee that applies per confirmed Disney Collection reservation.

Screenshot off member portal…

5D185A3D-20B7-49BC-B021-CB03D39509BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone there now that can say if they have the new 50th refillable mugs? So excited.

Hello Everyone ~ we will be at Coronado for our first visit in November. Does anyone know if there is a shower at any of the pools to rinse off. Thinking of spending some time at the pool after check out and before our flight. Thanks!

AIA if this has been previously answered but is there any idea as to when El Mercado will begin regular food service instead of this grab and go nonsense?

Not that I've seen, but I really hope soon. Some places stopped grab-and-go months ago (Pop and a handful of others IIRC?), but no word on El Mercado. I would also kill for mobile ordering at Rix, but no indication that'll happen either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter