Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Staying in the GDT club level for the first time later this summer. Haven't stayed at Coronado since the tower opened. Does the GDT have its own checkin and bus stop? Or do I just use the original lobby and then walk over to the tower after checking in? Thanks

Staying in the GDT club level for the first time later this summer. Haven't stayed at Coronado since the tower opened. Does the GDT have its own checkin and bus stop? Or do I just use the original lobby and then walk over to the tower after checking in? Thanks

The original lobby is just an open space now. The check-in lobby for the entire resort is at the tower now.

just returned from a week at CSR...El Mercado still “grab and go”...dried out food in cardboard boxes...they insist food is only under lights short time but both burger and chicken tender were awful dry and like leather. Chef salad from cooler case was good. Also once again we went to El Mercado at 2:30 pm one day and hot food area was closed only grab and go refrigerated items were available. If you want fresh hot/cold items from 2-5pm you have to go to Siestas out at main pool area (Dig Site) or into the Rix Sports Bar restaurant.

How about the breakfast offerings? My daughter always gets Mickey waffles a few times a trip.

How about the breakfast offerings? My daughter always gets Mickey waffles a few times a trip.
Yep Mickey waffles in a box under the lights! However when I was complaining to another guest they told me that they had taken their box of waffles right back up to counter and requested a freshly made waffle which they were given! So I would suggest just asking for a fresh serving right when you walk up.

Yep Mickey waffles in a box under the lights! However when I was complaining to another guest they told me that they had taken their box of waffles right back up to counter and requested a freshly made waffle which they were given! So I would suggest just asking for a fresh serving right when you walk up.

I will definitely do that. Thank you! We go in November. Hopefully they change things by then.

just returned from a week at CSR...El Mercado still “grab and go”...dried out food in cardboard boxes...they insist food is only under lights short time but both burger and chicken tender were awful dry and like leather. Chef salad from cooler case was good. Also once again we went to El Mercado at 2:30 pm one day and hot food area was closed only grab and go refrigerated items were available. If you want fresh hot/cold items from 2-5pm you have to go to Siestas out at main pool area (Dig Site) or into the Rix Sports Bar restaurant.

This is AWFUL and definitely enough for me to truly consider changing resorts even this late!! NOT ACCEPTABLE for them to have them pre-boxed and not be serving guests.

Well I will not be able to give an update while we are there this week because we just bailed on GDT. I could not spend about $400 a night for transportation issues and food in warmers for my anniversary trip.

Sorry for anyone who was waiting for an update. Maybe if we have a minute I'll drop by and check it out but I think @Lsdolphin's update is enough for me to change.

This is AWFUL and definitely enough for me to truly consider changing resorts even this late!! NOT ACCEPTABLE for them to have them pre-boxed and not be serving guests.
In spite of unacceptable service at the quick service El Mercado....CSR is a beautiful resort with a variety of dining options which really do offer much better food. I would return to CSR although I would not be dining at El Mercado for sure. There are also quick service options at Siestas located at the main pool and we did enjoy the food at the Rix Sports Pub located just across from El Mercado there are also other table service locations available.

In spite of unacceptable service at the quick service El Mercado....CSR is a beautiful resort with a variety of dining options which really do offer much better food. I would return to CSR although I would not be dining at El Mercado for sure. There are also quick service options at Siestas located at the main pool and we did enjoy the food at the Rix Sports Pub located just across from El Mercado there are also other table service locations available.
I agree. There are so many good food options. IMO, crappy food court aside, Coronado is the best deal on property. It really feels like it’s more on a deluxe level for moderate price.

DH and I went last August for our 25th anniversary and stayed at the Contemporary. We HATED it and got them to move us mid week to Coronado. Soooooooo much nicer and we got a nice juicy refund to boot. And we never had transportation issues. We stayed in the cabanas and the bus was always very efficient (granted, it was lower crowds though). Still best deal on property 👍

About to book Tower Standard view for Memorial Day Weekend.

What time do bus’s start running?

Any pros/cons of the resort we should know about? It’s our first time at Coronado!

I agree. There are so many good food options. IMO, crappy food court aside, Coronado is the best deal on property. It really feels like it’s more on a deluxe level for moderate price.

DH and I went last August for our 25th anniversary and stayed at the Contemporary. We HATED it and got them to move us mid week to Coronado. Soooooooo much nicer and we got a nice juicy refund to boot. And we never had transportation issues. We stayed in the cabanas and the bus was always very efficient (granted, it was lower crowds though). Still best deal on property 👍
Totally agree. I was concerned about el Mercado prior to our trip last month……all for nothing. Food was actually great at all locations, even the grab and go, breakfast was fresh fresh fresh because they were cooking nonstop to keep up with demand. And we were there during 2 very busy weeks. We never had a problem with transportation and in fact, were never on packed bus going to or returning from the parks. Bus service was probably the best we’ve ever had in 15+ years, surprisingly.
Just because it’s boxed doesn’t mean it isn’t fresh.

Does anyone know what time in the morning the buses start running to AK from the tower (for tomorrow, if it matters)? We want to get there to enjoy the full half hour starting at 7, but don’t want to wake up any earlier than necessary!

Also, we’ve had nothing but good experiences with the buses thus far - only taken them to MK since we have a car, but they’ve been very efficient - last night in the pouring rain leaving MK, when the first bus was full, they had another one right away.

Any pros/cons of the resort we should know about? It’s our first time at Coronado!
Eat at Three Bridges if your schedule allows it. The food is amazing and the location is beautiful. The Curry is my favorite and DH loves the Poke. Also have enjoyed the Sangria.

If you get there a bit before they open a CM will put you on the waitlist instead of going through MDE which doesn’t open until the restaurant does.

Eat at Three Bridges if your schedule allows it. The food is amazing and the location is beautiful. The Curry is my favorite and DH loves the Poke. Also have enjoyed the Sangria.

If you get there a bit before they open a CM will put you on the waitlist instead of going through MDE which doesn’t open until the restaurant does.
Oh yes and get the STEAK at Three Bridges Just get it. 😋

I am returning to GST after a trip in January and previous cl ones. Why? They have better food and drink options than any resort! Even at the mono resorts you can’t find food after 10p. I was to mobile order at Three Bridges up until midnight! It made arrival night so easy.

I suggest people book the tower non cl and enjoy the bar on the roof or the one 1st floor. Feels like cl! Then so many easy and walkable options as well. Always my fav moderate !

Dh and I enjoyed RIX too! Food was so good!

Yes!!! I think the secret is out! I have been trying to book a standard room at CSR for Sept and there is nothing available at that level...I love the standard rooms because the grounds are so beautiful and they are close to the pool. but I love staying in GDT in mid Dec-March when pool weather is iffy....also prefer the bathroom layout in the standard rooms which has more privacy for the shower.

Yes!!! I think the secret is out! I have been trying to book a standard room at CSR for Sept and there is nothing available at that level...I love the standard rooms because the grounds are so beautiful and they are close to the pool. but I love staying in GDT in mid Dec-March when pool weather is iffy....also prefer the bathroom layout in the standard rooms which has more privacy for the shower.
You just about summed it up!
If they go back to MNSSHP the old format instead of Boo-Bash, I'm seriously thinking of doing a weekend with DD in Sept at GDT. Seems there is nothing for the dates I was checking with the new discount for standard tower rooms. Methinks the secret is definitely out too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter