Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Where might I find this? I’m at the pool now and asked if they had a printed recreation/activity guide like we’ve always gotten at French quarter or Caribbean Beach but they said they don’t do that. Is this on the TV or something?
Sometimes it’s sign posted somewhere in the lobby, or on a sandwich board-type sign along a walkway.

Where might I find this? I’m at the pool now and asked if they had a printed recreation/activity guide like we’ve always gotten at French quarter or Caribbean Beach but they said they don’t do that. Is this on the TV or something?

I could have sworn it was on a board outside by the backdoor area (close to the fire pit). If you can’t find it, please don’t worry about it. Enjoy yourself! Thank you for trying!!!!

So for the Coronado restaurants, which ones are in the tower and which ones are for the older resort? Thx!
The dining options at Gran Destino Tower and the rest of the resort are available to everybody. Toledo is at the top of the tower. Three Bridges Bar & Grill is on the lake. The older restaurants in El Centro are Maya Grill, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, El Mercardo de Coronado (quick service), and Cafe Rix (grab & go).

I know there are several bus stops at this resort. Are there any that are better to use first thing in the morning to get to the parks?
The Casitas bus stop (#2) is the first for pickup to the parks. So you could go there if the buses and stops are quite crowded.

The dining options at Gran Destino Tower and the rest of the resort are available to everybody. Toledo is at the top of the tower. Three Bridges Bar & Grill is on the lake. The older restaurants in El Centro are Maya Grill, Rix Sports Bar & Grill, El Mercardo de Coronado (quick service), and Cafe Rix (grab & go).

The Casitas bus stop (#2) is the first for pickup to the parks. So you could go there if the buses and stops are quite crowded.
So plenty to choose from for dining if we have a lot of non park days to relax at the pool.

I'm booked for 3 nights in May for a standard room and it's my first time at CSR and my first solo trip.

All things considered I'm perfectly fine with walking far, not having the best view, etc. so the standard fits the job. But from a safety standpoint as a solo female would it be worth it to upgrade to a preferred room which is closer to the main buildings? It's a nearly $100 difference per night.

I looked into paying even MORE for a tower room but I really don't think it's all that necessary. I would just like to minimize the amount of time I'm walking back to my room alone, at night, potentially after leaving one of the hotel bars (not intoxicated, but not just going directly from bus to room).

What do you think?

I travel to WDW often as a solo female and have never had any issues. Having said that, I was at CS in Dec. and they originally booked me in a room on the ground floor of the Ranchos section. I was perfectly fine with that. The CM who checked me in, however, noticed I was there solo and changed it to Casitas #5 on the third floor. She said she felt I would be safer higher up instead of on the ground floor. I didn't ask for it but was glad to get the change as the bus stop #2 is almost right there and that is usually the first stop they pick up at. I would have felt fine had she left me in Ranchos though. I often walk back to my room at night and even use the stairs instead of the elevator and have never felt unsafe. The stairs can be a bit creepy since they tend to be a little dark even though they are lit. I just make sure I'm aware if anyone is around me.

Where is the parking at the resort?
There are multiple parking lots throughout the resort The only time we had trouble parking (and we did find a spot) was at the Tower, but other times at the Tower we found parking to be OK. When we've stayed in other buildings, we've always gotten great parking close to our building and/or bus stops.

For those commenting about getting rooms after 3/4 pm keep in mind that room cleaning takes longer than it used to with the extra sanitizing procedures...I guess similar to the ”deep cleaning“ performed for those with allergies...

Stayed here in Jan 2020 but we have hired a car for this trip at the end of August, so at least we can just drive from whatever section we are staying at to the tower. I won’t miss having to ride the bus all around the resort either! I just wish Disney would get a wriggle on updating my booking in the mde app, then I can relax whenever that will be.

Stayed here in Jan 2020 but we have hired a car for this trip at the end of August, so at least we can just drive from whatever section we are staying at to the tower. I won’t miss having to ride the bus all around the resort either! I just wish Disney would get a wriggle on updating my booking in the mde app, then I can relax whenever that will be.
With the addition of the bridges and walkways over the lake there is no need to ride around the resort on a bus or drive from section to section as now the walking distance is much less. It would take longer to get in a car, drive all the way around and then try to find a parking spot at the tower, and the parking lot is a bit off to the side and not exactly straight in front of the door.
Walking the resort is MUCH easier now.

With the addition of the bridges and walkways over the lake there is no need to ride around the resort on a bus or drive from section to section as now the walking distance is much less. It would take longer to get in a car, drive all the way around and then try to find a parking spot at the tower, and the parking lot is a bit off to the side and not exactly straight in front of the door.
Walking the resort is MUCH easier now.
Unfortunately my husband has a disability so even though it would take longer it would be better for him to drive. Even with the bridge it’s still a way for him to walk and would rather conserve energy for the parks.

Are there any standard rooms in the the other sections that aren’t Ranchos?

Question, are there any areas/floors of the tower that are better to request than another? I have a Standard King room booked.

Question, are there any areas/floors of the tower that are better to request than another? I have a Standard King room booked.
I don't think there are any bad views, but one area I'd avoid is the side facing DHS and Epcot. I wish I could remember the # of the room block (I cannot find it in the forums but I did post about it a few times). It was on the 7th floor in the Standard category and was a side-facing Tower room (we had views of Cabanas, partial CSR lake views, and could see ToT and Epcot). Not a bad view at all, except it was the industrial fans, they were so loud and they kicked up muck against the windows which wasn't pretty lol. I'm not sure if higher floors would be any better? It's also furthest from the elevator.

Other than that we've had a water view room that had amazing views of EE (9th floor) and I think that was my favorite, but the next time I'd booked Standard (Queens) hoping to see the other direction, they assigned us to water view which was beautiful but not as easy to see EE from that angle, I don't recall which floor. The laundry is on the 3rd floor, (yes, I'm a weirdo that does laundry lol) but no matter where in the tower we stayed, it was easy to get there or anywhere else we wanted to go within minutes.

This probably didn't answer your question, but I did want to mention that Tower side in case the noise would bother you. (That noise was so different than the DC area traffic and airport noise I have at home.)

Happy planning! We love the Tower :)

I don't think there are any bad views, but one area I'd avoid is the side facing DHS and Epcot. I wish I could remember the # of the room block (I cannot find it in the forums but I did post about it a few times). It was on the 7th floor in the Standard category and was a side-facing Tower room (we had views of Cabanas, partial CSR lake views, and could see ToT and Epcot). Not a bad view at all, except it was the industrial fans, they were so loud and they kicked up muck against the windows which wasn't pretty lol. I'm not sure if higher floors would be any better? It's also furthest from the elevator.

Other than that we've had a water view room that had amazing views of EE (9th floor) and I think that was my favorite, but the next time I'd booked Standard (Queens) hoping to see the other direction, they assigned us to water view which was beautiful but not as easy to see EE from that angle, I don't recall which floor. The laundry is on the 3rd floor, (yes, I'm a weirdo that does laundry lol) but no matter where in the tower we stayed, it was easy to get there or anywhere else we wanted to go within minutes.

This probably didn't answer your question, but I did want to mention that Tower side in case the noise would bother you. (That noise was so different than the DC area traffic and airport noise I have at home.)

Happy planning! We love the Tower :)

Thanks, this does help somewhat. I had wanted 2 Queens, but there were none available when I booked. Rooms seem to be in short supply this Spring!

The Tower Std Kings that face those fans are 0379, 0479, 0579, 0679 & 0673, 0779 etc etc for the floors going up. 8th floor is 0879........there's a website that shows all the room numbers but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say it here......so the lower the numbers are, say for 7th floor you get a 0703 etc you're on the opposite side. Even numbers, ex 0716, 0718 etc face the lake and odd numbers, ex 0713, 0715 etc face the parking lot.

Thanks, this does help somewhat. I had wanted 2 Queens, but there were none available when I booked. Rooms seem to be in short supply this Spring!
They definitely seem to be. DD and I are doing a long weekend Universal trip in early April for break and it was slim pickings over there too!

The Tower Std Kings that face those fans are 0379, 0479, 0579, 0679 & 0673, 0779 etc etc for the floors going up. 8th floor is 0879........there's a website that shows all the room numbers but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say it here......so the lower the numbers are, say for 7th floor you get a 0703 etc you're on the opposite side. Even numbers, ex 0716, 0718 etc face the lake and odd numbers, ex 0713, 0715 etc face the parking lot.
TP shows all the room numbers and has diagrams of all the buildings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter