Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

TUSM! No suites available! UGH! I guess I am lucky to even have a room since it is the Marathon.

TUSM! No suites available! UGH! I guess I am lucky to even have a room since it is the Marathon.

We didn't book the suite - we were upgraded!

But I'm pretty sure any Tower-water view will have a view of the fireworks. In your request - add MK view. We asked for Everest view but got MK view - but room was so big and had 3 rooms with windows we could see both. ;)

But I'm pretty sure any Tower-water view will have a view of the fireworks. In your request - add MK view. We asked for Everest view but got MK view - but room was so big and had 3 rooms with windows we could see both. ;)
OMG!!!! TALK ABOUT MAJOR PIXIE DUST! Stuff like that never happens to me!

DD and her new husband just got back from their honeymoon; they were married Oct. 2 but couldn't get away for a honeymoon then, so they were booked at CS 11/2-11/6. Cheapest room available, standard view, 2Q beds. They were upgraded to the 9th floor of the Gran Destino Tower! Pixie Dust!!

ETA: Just talked to DD. They had a king bed, fireworks view! I'm so happy that this happened for them! It was only a 3 day trip (well, 5 if you count the two travel-days on either end) so not the most amazing of plans- but this certainly was a bonus!

Last edited:

How did you get it ask for a suite?

How did you get it ask for a suite?
This sort of upgrade is generally a complete surprise and only Disney knows the reason why.

Suites are a bookable category so if you book a normal room and request a suite all you do practically is leave your reservation with no room request as that request is not applicable to your booking category.

I'm debating... For my late August 2022 trip, I'm currently booked for 5 nights in a Water View GDT room. I'm flying in actually the night before and had planned to stay at the MCO Hyatt for a night then come over in the morning before hitting the park. I got lucky this past summer and was able to get right into a room (in this case just regular CSR Standard) and really loved being able to kind of unpack before heading to the park. So I priced adding a night on.

Well, adding it to the GDT room (Water and Standard View is the same price) was more than my current trip plus MCO Hyatt by a good bit. BUT I could drop to a regular CSR Water View and add the extra night (so 6 nights) for just a smidge less than I'm currently paying for the GDT 5 nights. Big advantage is my flight gets in early evening so I could be well and truly settled and hit the parks first thing in the morning.

Would you make the change?

Is it normal pre COVID housekeeping? What if we want it daily - is this an option?

No and no. They take trash, wipe down surfaces, replace towels, but don't really do the vacuuming/bed-making anymore. Not sure why that's where the line is drawn, but it is.

I'm debating... For my late August 2022 trip, I'm currently booked for 5 nights in a Water View GDT room. I'm flying in actually the night before and had planned to stay at the MCO Hyatt for a night then come over in the morning before hitting the park. I got lucky this past summer and was able to get right into a room (in this case just regular CSR Standard) and really loved being able to kind of unpack before heading to the park. So I priced adding a night on.

Well, adding it to the GDT room (Water and Standard View is the same price) was more than my current trip plus MCO Hyatt by a good bit. BUT I could drop to a regular CSR Water View and add the extra night (so 6 nights) for just a smidge less than I'm currently paying for the GDT 5 nights. Big advantage is my flight gets in early evening so I could be well and truly settled and hit the parks first thing in the morning.

Yes. I’d make the change. Drop the Hyatt and stay at CSR for all your nights. Get settled in when you arrive and relax. :goodvibes

And I’d stick to the Tower for all the nights and not drop to a cheaper room category. What is the difference in price between the Hyatt and a tower room at CSR for one night. $100? $200? Whatever it is, pay it, and don’t give it a second thought. :)

Yes. I’d make the change. Drop the Hyatt and stay at CSR for all your nights. Get settled in when you arrive and relax. :goodvibes

And I’d stick to the Tower for all the nights and not drop to a cheaper room category. What is the difference in price between the Hyatt and a tower room at CSR for one night. $100? $200? Whatever it is, pay it, and don’t give it a second thought. :)

Adding the night in the Tower would add 468.52 - and 252.20 more than my current stay with Hyatt.

As a solo traveler that is a lot of food money...

Adding the night in the Tower would add 468.52 - and 252.20 more than my current stay with Hyatt.

As a solo traveler that is a lot of food money...

For an extra $250 I’d still do it. I just like the Tower rooms so much more than the other rooms. And I’m guessing there will be some kind of discount on the tower rooms between now and August assuming what you’ve booked at CSR is rack rate now.

If It is out of the budget, I would still drop the Hyatt and go with a cheaper room category. It does pain me to say that though. Lol. I just would not personally stay at the Hyatt. I’d rather get my room, unpack, have a good nights sleep and enjoy a less stressful/hectic morning.

I'd make the change. I'll be there in Dec. in a standard room, no special view. I usually stay at the Dolphin and could stay in the Tower for the same price but really, if I'm spending that much I'm staying at the Dolphin, you can't beat walking distance to two parks. I've already been to WDW twice this year and plan on going again in Feb (determined to do all the Festivals since I missed an entire year) so budget is an issue. I figure I'll just eat in the Tower and visit it and be perfectly fine with a standard room.

I would make the change too. We are booked in a standard CSR room for November 2022. We usually do a 6 am flight on arrival day and head straight to a park but decided to fly in the evening before, go straight to CSR, leisurely unpack, grab some food and then hit a park the next day for RD.

I would do it. I've done what you're suggesting before, stay at the airport hotel for the first night and then head to WDW resorts the next. On one hand, it was nice to not have to travel so far to hit the sack for the night. But on the other hand, it just added extra stress and time to my second day. And I ended up not getting any extra sleep from this since I would wake up earlier in order to switch over to WDW and start my Disney day.

I feel way more rested just by staying at the WDW resort hotel starting with the first night. Not having to transfer hotels on day 2 also helps me get into true vacation mode on day 1.

I've even started adding a day to the beginning of my planned trips just for travelling to and resting at the Disney resort. It's made a huge difference to my energy levels for day 2 and has allowed me to get more done. For me, personally, I found this to be work the extra cost I might have to pay to stay onsite from night 1.

I've even started adding a day to the beginning of my planned trips just for travelling to and resting at the Disney resort. It's made a huge difference to my energy levels for day 2 and has allowed me to get more done. For me, personally, I found this to be work the extra cost I might have to pay to stay onsite from night 1.

This is why we chose to do that this trip. We've done the 6 am flight and been in MK by 11 am. It's fun and your adrenaline is pumping but day 2 and 3 can be a drag on my energy levels. Last trip day 2 got a bit ugly because we were tired and cranky. I'm looking forward to flying in a day early, doing an afternoon flight and just hanging out that evening. I do get tempted to add a park day and go to MK on arrival day but DD and I are doing well with sticking to our plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter