Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also curious about where to purchase bottles of water for the least expensive price as well as beer as we will not have a car and we did not ship anything. We used to stay at the campground and if I remember correctly, they sold 6 packs of beer in the store there. Do the hotel stores sell 6 packs also?

Can someone point me in the right direction...we arrive on Friday and I'm trying to figure out the price of alcohol at Panchito's. I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to pay the garden grocer delivery fee or if it's cheaper to buy it directly at the resort. Is there a post in this thread that shows currents prices in the market? Thanks in advance for your help.

I typically only drink beer so I didn't pay attention to the other stuff. Beer was $15 for a 6-pack. A lot of the resorts are $35 for a 6-pack so $15 wasn't too bad. I know you Americans are used to paying a lot less, but where I'm from in western Canada that is normal price for beer.

Talk to me about coffee---- What type of coffee makers are currently in the rooms? How big of pots? Should I bring filters and coffee, or the pouches? I can't do without coffee first thing in the mornings!

When is the cheerleading competition? My daughter and I are planning to be there in April.

April 25-29th. Since we are going as only spectators, we are trying to find a place to stay that won't really have any cheer groups. But, we also need to be able to get to the ESPN Wide World of Sports without too much of a hassle.

When doing online check in, Cabanas or Ranchos were my only options. I selected Cabanas because most reviews cite this as better than Ranchos.

I found a site with a detailed gallery. After seeing pretty much every inch of the property, I pulled my cabanas request - I don't really like the look.

Ranchos 7a is by far the prettiest building, to me, with the exception of Casitas 2-3. And I didn't book preferred.

Request in for Ranchos 7a or Casitas 5, ground floor. :)

So location is bad even though you paid for preferred!? That's not good! I may have to rethink!

Remembering back from lots of CSR threads I've been part of in the past, the floor where the poster is staying (4th floor of Casitas 2) is the only area that is poorly planned and hard to get to. Since there are 3 preferred buildings, it's pretty unlikely that you'd wind up in that wing.

We just got here, got a corner room in casitas 3 with lake view!!! So excited!!!

Awesome!!! We check in 38 days!! We are in Casitas Preferred. I selected an upper floor..Hoping to get a nice lake view...

Is the Corner room nice? I had the option too??

Enjoy!! Can't wait to check out that resort and have dinner at Maya Grill too!:goodvibes

Is there really a BC room with 2 king beds in it? If there is, how do I go about requesting it?

To be honest, I'm not sure what the definition of preferred is.IMHO, the location of the room is definitely not preferred. It's just a hike from everything. Nothing wrong with the room itself, just a terrible location. If I stay here again, I might not book preferred.

When doing online check in, Cabanas or Ranchos were my only options. I selected Cabanas because most reviews cite this as better than Ranchos.

I found a site with a detailed gallery. After seeing pretty much every inch of the property, I pulled my cabanas request - I don't really like the look.

Ranchos 7a is by far the prettiest building, to me, with the exception of Casitas 2-3. And I didn't book preferred.

Request in for Ranchos 7a or Casitas 5, ground floor. :)

Can you PM me this site? If/when they ask me I have no idea what I prefer...

Transportation Questions (first time I've stayed onsite so new to this aspect.)

We will have our car so will use it most of the time. However, I have read that it is best to take bus to MK. Going 12/12-12/21. Here are my questions...

1. One day we are going to MK and then Chef Mickeys. What is more time consuming Bus to MK, walk to contemporary, walk back to MK, bus to CSR
OR
car to TTC, walk to contemporary, monorail to TTC, car to CSR

OR am I missing something OR third better plan...

2. Another day going to MK rope drop to close (close is midnight.) Take bus or car?

3. Twice we will need to go from CSR to DTD to CSR. Car or bus?? I would automatically just take my car but I know parking seems to be a huge issue.

We will have our car so will use it most of the time. However, I have read that it is best to take bus to MK. Going 12/12-12/21. Here are my questions...

1. One day we are going to MK and then Chef Mickeys. What is more time consuming Bus to MK, walk to contemporary, walk back to MK, bus to CSR
OR

2. Another day going to MK rope drop to close (close is midnight.) Take bus or car?

3. Twice we will need to go from CSR to DTD to CSR. Car or bus?? I would automatically just take my car but I know parking seems to be a huge issue.

1. The distance from MK to CR is very walkable. Time-wise, your two options are probably not that different and it would be your personal preference. Another option could be to valet park at the CR, walk to MK, walk back to CR for your Chef Mickey's meal, get your car and drive back to CSR. That would cost you about $20 for the valet park and tip. **You can't leave your car in the regular CR parking lot all day to go to MK, but you can valet park it.** (Oh, and I think you left out a step in your Option 2 - you know you can't walk from TTC to MK, right? I think you left out the step about going from TTC to MK via monorail or ferry.)

2. If staying till the park close, I would use the bus. I have driven and parked at TTC for park close and I swore I'd never do it again. We opted to get on the ferry rather than wait for the monorail, but had to wait for several trams to take us to the parking lot, had people jump into my row ahead of me so I had to wait for yet another tram, then the long ride to our car -- all in all, I'd rather wait at the bus stop.

3. That's a tough one. The buses to DTD (from any resort, it seems) are the worst. However, I know parking is a nightmare at peak times. If you're going to DTD on a weekday morning, I'd probably say drive. If you're going in the evening, especially on a weekend, take the bus.

Does anyone know what the robes in BC are made of? and if they are thick or thin? Trying to decide if I should pack mine or use theirs. Thanks.

Also, what time does the turndown service happen roughly?

OR

We get off the plane and exclusively use Disney transportation. So I can't speak from experience on using a car, but I'll try to help with the buses.

The guideline that Disney provides is that a bus comes every 20 minutes to each location that stop travels to. We've always had pretty good experiences, but you will see people complaining on here. Some complaints are valid, while others are just people with unrealistic expectations or no concept of actual elasped time...lol!!

1) Are average experience going to MK from CSR consists of a 8 min wait for the bus and a 12-15 minute trip to the MK bus stop. The walk from the MK busstop to Contemporary is 8-10 mins. The quickest way to get back not using a Taxi is to walk back to the stop and catch a bus to CSR. We usually take this opportunity to ride the Monorail all the way around to the MK front entrance and walk over to the bus stop, just for the fun of it. But walking is quicker. You can also take a bus from Contemp to Epcot or DHS and bus to CSR from there, but that wouldn't be quicker.

2) That is a LONG day and if you are really staying right until close the buses will be busy. You would probably appreciate being able to hop in your car and go. If you do take the bus it would be alot quicker to leave an hour before close and beat the crowds.

3) Unfortunately there is no quick way to get to DTD right now. Bus takes 30 mins and if you drive the traffic is crazy and you will have to park far away most likely. Best bet is to take the bus and just expect it to take awhile. Parking will be better when Disney Springs is finished, but right now parking is crazy.

I would add that the bus rides to DHS and Epcot are very quick (under 10 mins) becasue they are so close to CSR. Taking the bus would be quicker unless there is a delay and you wait longer than the average 10 mins for a bus to come. AK is only about 10 mins away as well.

*Edit* Claire makes a good point about leaving in a car at park close.

Does anyone know what the robes in BC are made of? and if they are thick or thin? Trying to decide if I should pack mine or use theirs. Thanks.

Also, what time does the turndown service happen roughly?

I actually never even looked at the robe now that I think about it. :)

There isn't turn down service like club level, just regular housekeeping. Keep in mind BC is $50 a night extra not $150-$175 a night like club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter