Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any idea what types of rooms will be in the new resort? Is it only DVC? When is the official opening of the new resort?

I have a question. Does anyone know if you can set up a Roku or Amazon firestick to the tv? My fiancée and I sometimes enjoy watching Netflix before bed. I know we probably will barely even use it because we are in Disney World!!! However I was just curious. I know HS and AK both close earlier, and we may just want to watch Netflix for a few years before bed.

Looking at the pictures it doesn’t look like a Roku can be hooked up, but I figured someone who has stayed at CSR might have an answer to this.

Does Maya Grill have a bar to sit at? Interested in the margarita flights but probably won't eat a whole meal and don't want to take a table if we're not eating.

What building would you suggest requesting? I want something close to el centro. Or is their another place to fill up your refillable mugs? That was my biggest issue with Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms.

You can fill your mug at the main pool but it depends when you are going. Pool is closed until 12/12/18 and Siestas until 1/6/19.

To be close to the main building, you would have to reserve a preferred room

I have a question. Does anyone know if you can set up a Roku or Amazon firestick to the tv? My fiancée and I sometimes enjoy watching Netflix before bed. I know we probably will barely even use it because we are in Disney World!!! However I was just curious. I know HS and AK both close earlier, and we may just want to watch Netflix for a few years before bed.

Looking at the pictures it doesn’t look like a Roku can be hooked up, but I figured someone who has stayed at CSR might have an answer to this.

I can tell you that at Pop Century, you can access the HDMI ports on the TV, so I'm guessing you could expect the same at Coronado Springs.

We’re here now and I’ve been a little disappointed with our choice in resort this time. Overall it’s fine but it’s just not quite what I was expecting even with researching it before our stay. We’re only staying three nights this trip before we move to finish our vacation at a different park so it’s okay. We went to MNSSHP and have had a great time. This just isn’t the resort for us. And it’s not any one big thing that I dislike. The staff have all been great and very helpful. I actually like the room and bathroom setup but I agree that the mini fridge is too tiny. They also gave us a room without a bathtub and my youngest is only 3 (that was a little irritating but we’ve made do). I think it’s more the overall layout of the resort and the difficulty of finding our room for the first time and then every time we left and came back. I guess I just like resorts that aren’t quite so spread out. Oh, and they haven’t had any lifeguards on duty while we’ve been here. There were multiple lifeguards on duty at both AoA and Wilderness Lodge when we were there and at the pool. I haven’t seen even one here on this trip. I feel like there should be at least one occasionally on duty. Again, I’m sure plenty of people love this resort and it is beautiful but with so many places to choose from next time we’ll probably stay somewhere else.

CSR was always our favorite Moderate it's been a few years since our last stay and I've heard about the construction & room refurb.
Few questions: Have they torn down all of the buildings in the cabanas section for the new construction or did they save some? Any idea when all of the refurb is expected to be completed?
We are starting to plan something for August of next year and am wondering just how much construction will still be going on at this resort. If it's just the construction of the new building by then that I can handle but I wouldn't consider a stay if the main pool is closed. TIA.

CSR was always our favorite Moderate it's been a few years since our last stay and I've heard about the construction & room refurb.
Few questions: Have they torn down all of the buildings in the cabanas section for the new construction or did they save some? Any idea when all of the refurb is expected to be completed?
We are starting to plan something for August of next year and am wondering just how much construction will still be going on at this resort. If it's just the construction of the new building by then that I can handle but I wouldn't consider a stay if the main pool is closed. TIA.

Only building 9B was torn down. The pool refurb will be done in December of this year. The tower is supposed to be finished in summer 2019, I think.

Only building 9B was torn down. The pool refurb will be done in December of this year. The tower is supposed to be finished in summer 2019, I think.

Good to know, thank you! I'm going to try and catch up on this thread later today. We used to love 9B and staying in Business Class - that, IMHO, was the best deal in town. If we do end up choosing CSR again next Summer, it will be interesting to see all the changes.

Has anyone heard about candy being sold at cafe rix?? I guess this is something new at CSR. Any pictures or information.

You can hook up anything that uses an HDMI connection to the TVs and use the remote to change the input. However, it's not the easiest connection to make, at least in the refurbished rooms. The TV's are big (definitely a good thing), but the connections are near the middle of the TV in the back -- and the placement of the shelves on the wall makes for some contorting to get the HDMI cable hooked up. I wish they'd put in the breakout boxes that they have in some of the deluxe resorts (where you can't physically get to the back of the TV).

My wife and I are headed to Coronado in January to celebrate our 30th anniversary (it was supposed to be an October trip). It will be our first time staying at this resort (many trips over the years, just never to this resort). I apologize if this has been asked and I didn't see it on the main page but can anyone tell me what they have for coffee makers in the standard rooms? (hoping it's a Keurig!). Thank you in advance!

My wife and I are headed to Coronado in January to celebrate our 30th anniversary (it was supposed to be an October trip). It will be our first time staying at this resort (many trips over the years, just never to this resort). I apologize if this has been asked and I didn't see it on the main page but can anyone tell me what they have for coffee makers in the standard rooms? (hoping it's a Keurig!). Thank you in advance!

Yep, Keurigs! They start you out with a handful of pods but you can call and request more (or bring your own if you have a preference!) They are Joffrey's K Cups if I recall.

You can fill your mug at the main pool but it depends when you are going. Pool is closed until 12/12/18 and Siestas until 1/6/19.

To be close to the main building, you would have to reserve a preferred room

I booked a water view room as that was all that was available. Does this equal a preferred room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter