Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Disneylover99 - They'll try to minimize closures as much as possible...I would imagine in the first week or two they'll be plotting and digging holes for footings. Expect to see some workers but you'll probably be fine!
Thanks! We plan to spend a good chunk of time by the pool. I don't mind a bit of construction, so if everything is open I'll be happy. :)

Hi....

I've booked my first stay at CSR for Dec and was wanting recommendations for rooms (I've booked a King Business Class room.) I'd like to be close enough to the lounge to make things easy but ultimately have a quiet room with nice view.

Greetings all, I'm sorry if this was said before but we're up to 272 pages in this thread, so much to go through. I'm looking for a recommendation, standard view, 2 adults, close to the foot court. Would the Cabanas or Casitas be your recommendation and if so, which building(s)? Thanks so much!

Hi....

I've booked my first stay at CSR for Dec and was wanting recommendations for rooms (I've booked a King Business Class room.) I'd like to be close enough to the lounge to make things easy but ultimately have a quiet room with nice view.

I've now stayed CSR-BC eight times and all my rooms have been very quiet! Even back in May when I was on the other side of the building from the Lounge (Room 9603 which is a corner room on the 2nd floor - loved it!), it's an easy walk. This most recent trip, I was in 9546, a King room, first floor, around the corner from the Lounge.

Hi....

The idea with Business Class is that all the rooms are a good location. You could request close to the lounge, but really they are all good locations, quiet, and have a similar view.

Does anyone know if there are swimsuit "dryers" at the pool area?? Something like the photo below (not my picture, found on google). I can't remember if the pool house areas (that also housed the laundry area) at ASMu had a swimuit dryer. We are thinking of going swimming on our last day there during our upcoming trip.
recpool-55.jpg

Greetings all, I'm sorry if this was said before but we're up to 272 pages in this thread, so much to go through. I'm looking for a recommendation, standard view, 2 adults, close to the foot court. Would the Cabanas or Casitas be your recommendation and if so, which building(s)? Thanks so much!
I like cabanas 8a for a standard room bc it doesn't face the parking lots so feels more like an isolated resort room to me. I just hate seeing a parking lot for my window view. It is further from the food court, though, but close to the pool. I also like 8b for a water view. If you like more of a beachy, tropical feel go with cabanas.

Does anyone know if there are swimsuit "dryers" at the pool area?? Something like the photo below (not my picture, found on google). I can't remember if the pool house areas (that also housed the laundry area) at ASMu had a swimuit dryer. We are thinking of going swimming on our last day there during our upcoming trip.

I haven't been at CSR since last summer, but I did not see one of those in the changing room. I would have used it on our last day!

I haven't looked through all of the pages in this thread, but I did notice that people were aware of when certain groups were coming for conferences. How far in advance can one get this information? I'm wondering about early-mid December 2017. (We are looking at beginning our vacation on December 8th or later.) I know that might be too far out, but I'm curious if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

I haven't looked through all of the pages in this thread, but I did notice that people were aware of when certain groups were coming for conferences. How far in advance can one get this information? I'm wondering about early-mid December 2017. (We are looking at beginning our vacation on December 8th or later.) I know that might be too far out, but I'm curious if anyone knows. Thanks in advance!

They don't have anything posted for those dates yet but you can keep an eye on this page http://coronado.forumotion.com/t1242-csr-convention-list

Coming soon ChasingLeslie. Be on the look out during the last 3 months of 2016 for a start date.

Coming soon ChasingLeslie. Be on the look out during the last 3 months of 2016 for a start date.

How long would you think something like that would take for an entire resort? We'll be there in December 2017 and wouldn't want to see/hear construction.

Just changed our reservation yet again for my Bday visit! We are booked for a King bed business class....what can you guys tell me about Coconino Cove? Any tips? Almost to our 60 day mark and am starting to get excited! We have been to CSR before, but have never stayed there (the only Mod we have yet to stay at!).

I hope it happens, but that was the report last year, too. When I booked CSR last year for this July, I thought "cool, we'll have renovated rooms!" Nope. Crossing my fingers (but not holding my breath) for renovated rooms NEXT July.

Staying here over Thanksgiving. If they do start renovations, would they contact me to let me know?

I think you would hear about it pretty soon. Over on the Pop Century thread, people reported that they got e-mails in late July and early August about renovations that are beginning in October. I would assume there would be consistency across resorts regarding giving guests some notification.

I am cautiously optimistic about this. Sure sounds positive, but there is not an official announcement yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter