Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from a short trip for DAH Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We hadn't been to the Contemporary since our girls were 3 and 1 (now 10 and 12 :sad: ) since we usually stay at the Yacht and Beach Club. We booked a tower lake view and received a text around 11 that our room was ready, Yay! Room 4620. We stopped by the desk to pick up birthday pins since we were celebrating birthdays and I asked if there was anything we could upgrade to. The CM checked and said a Standard Club level room was available for 150 extra for the two nights so we said yes! The best decision we could have made!! Oh my goodness, I feel we're spoiled for life! Even though we've never stayed club level before and have nothing to compare it to, I know there's something special about the Tower Club. (We're staying club level at the YC in September so we will see!)
Once we got upstairs David greeted us-talk about magical, he can do the most amazing Mickey and friends voice impersonations! He was so wonderful!!!!
Everything from that moment was just better and better. Loved every second, EVERY SECOND of this stay!

Attachments

• D2D66B0D-AF0A-46AC-B27B-17A046EC7C7B.jpeg
    D2D66B0D-AF0A-46AC-B27B-17A046EC7C7B.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 60EC625F-C4DB-4005-83C2-5F9664CE9CF3.jpeg
    60EC625F-C4DB-4005-83C2-5F9664CE9CF3.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 0F08FF59-F59D-4F8D-A7E0-14AD334621CE.jpg
    0F08FF59-F59D-4F8D-A7E0-14AD334621CE.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0E39FFDF-3320-4CA0-AF34-6D1DB551B863 (1).jpg
    0E39FFDF-3320-4CA0-AF34-6D1DB551B863 (1).jpg
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • FE8DB4FA-AE78-40FC-A634-53C1FC31EF30.jpg
    FE8DB4FA-AE78-40FC-A634-53C1FC31EF30.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
We ended up in room 4820, the same exact room as the original, but two floors up. We loved the view! All the pics are from our room or right outside the room. The last pic was from the Tower Club during HEA :)

Attachments

• 10289277-87EF-4824-BD1B-18D56C22AE51.jpeg
    10289277-87EF-4824-BD1B-18D56C22AE51.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 63
  • B7014053-9B05-4B13-B8B1-F462AB9D49CB.jpeg
    B7014053-9B05-4B13-B8B1-F462AB9D49CB.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 7D933A6C-2377-4A17-98B4-CE4943EDE32C.jpeg
    7D933A6C-2377-4A17-98B4-CE4943EDE32C.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 61
  • C53A49DC-C9F7-4657-B9DA-697391E26B26.jpeg
    C53A49DC-C9F7-4657-B9DA-697391E26B26.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 63
  • BABB33FC-E0EE-48CB-9990-A54F89335A39.jpg
    BABB33FC-E0EE-48CB-9990-A54F89335A39.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • C7395111-1371-4C95-9641-9487041293C9.jpg
    C7395111-1371-4C95-9641-9487041293C9.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 68
  • DF047A96-11A0-4ABF-B611-2A4411B5D6D6.jpg
    DF047A96-11A0-4ABF-B611-2A4411B5D6D6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 68
I think I confused the Club names, we were on the 12th Floor, that's the Atrium club? Can't even imagine what the 14th Floor would be like :)

I think I confused the Club names, we were on the 12th Floor, that's the Atrium club? Can't even imagine what the 14th Floor would be like :)

Yeah, 12th floor is Atrium Club. 14th floor is Tower Club - mostly suites and a precious few standard rooms up there. :-)

Question about security procedures for the monorail...we were there at the beginning of December. Is that how it normally is? Very slow and cumbersome? Same at the Poly, if not worst. It was annoying to say the least. It wasn't all Disney's fault, people not preparing to get searched etc. was also annoying. Just wondering if the wait is the norm or if it gets faster as more people are getting used to it? Or what.

Question about security procedures for the monorail...we were there at the beginning of December. Is that how it normally is? Very slow and cumbersome? Same at the Poly, if not worst. It was annoying to say the least. It wasn't all Disney's fault, people not preparing to get searched etc. was also annoying. Just wondering if the wait is the norm or if it gets faster as more people are getting used to it? Or what.

Annoying slow at BLT/CR back in Oct....we thought what was even worse was having to go through baggage check again after getting to Epcot with only changing monorails at TT and not ever leaving what we considered a secure area.

I had some pretty bad waits in December at GF and other monorail resorts. I think the holiday season and people touring the monorail resort trees and gingerbread displays helped cause some additional wait times. It normally is much better than the original MK security. I've walked up at CR with no line and a giant cake box and made it through very fast.

It also just seemed like people were out of it and waiting until they got right up to the front to decide "oh yeah I want to take every single thing out of my stroller and fold it up and go through the other lane. Grrr.

Hi everyone! My family will be staying in a BLV room starting on March 1. We have decided to upgrade our parkhoppers to annual passes and I recently read that you can now make the upgrade at your resort hotel. Has anyone had any experience with doing this at the Contemporary? If so, where did you do it? Concierge or main checkin desk? TIA for the input.

Since no one ever responded to my question, I thought I would come back on here to let anyone who was interested know that we were in fact able to upgrade our 8 day park hoppers to annual passes at the hotel concierge desk. My DH was able to upgrade all 5 of us without the rest of us (2 over the age of 18) needing to be present. However, we were not able to purchase tables in wonderland. We went to guest services for that. Just an FYI.

Since no one ever responded to my question, I thought I would come back on here to let anyone who was interested know that we were in fact able to upgrade our 8 day park hoppers to annual passes at the hotel concierge desk. My DH was able to upgrade all 5 of us without the rest of us (2 over the age of 18) needing to be present. However, we were not able to purchase tables in wonderland. We went to guest services for that. Just an FYI.

Thanks for following up. That is good to know. We will be looking to upgrade when we are at Wilderness Lodge in June.

I see from post #2 that Bay View has Contemporary Resort branded merchandise?
Can anyone gift me an example of the type of branded merch they have?
Snow globe, jewelry, mugs...? Basically looking for something to commemorate my upcoming stay and wanted a heads up at what type of merch I can expect to see.

Snow globe, jewelry, mugs...? Basically looking for something to commemorate my upcoming stay and wanted a heads up at what type of merch I can expect to see.
This is the newest Contemporary line: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ev...-merchandise-arrives-at-contemporary-resport/

I don't think i've seen a snow glove or jewelry. Each resort usually has at minimum a magnet, pin, and mug. Some will have more things that are specifically themed like Poly with Hawaiian shirts.

This is the newest Contemporary line: https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/photos-ev...-merchandise-arrives-at-contemporary-resport/

I don't think i've seen a snow glove or jewelry. Each resort usually has at minimum a magnet, pin, and mug. Some will have more things that are specifically themed like Poly with Hawaiian shirts.
Oh wow thanks! So someone on another thread said Bay View would only have DVC merch so is it true that Contemporary resort merch would not be sold there?
I guess now I'm just feeling confused.

Oh wow thanks! So someone on another thread said Bay View would only have DVC merch so is it true that Contemporary resort merch would not be sold there?
I guess now I'm just feeling confused.
I just replied on there. They were confused between Bay View Gifts and Bay Lake Tower. Bay view Gifts is just the gift shop on the 4th floor.

I just replied on there. They were confused between Bay View Gifts and Bay Lake Tower. Bay view Gifts is just the gift shop on the 4th floor.
Ok thank you so much.
I'll probably get a couple of those items since they are pretty inexpensive.

The CR has had mugs, tervis mugs, keychains, shot glasses, luggage travel
Mugs, and hats that I can remember. They have the traditional CR logo with the monorail and last summer they also had a Mary Blair line that was really nice. Unfortunately, for some reason, the CR has not had any clothing, which is what I like to buy the most. Most other resorts I’ve stayed at have some combo of t-shirts, zip front sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, and polo shirts. But at least they have logo merch.

The CR has had mugs, tervis mugs, keychains, shot glasses, luggage travel
Mugs, and hats that I can remember. They have the traditional CR logo with the monorail and last summer they also had a Mary Blair line that was really nice. Unfortunately, for some reason, the CR has not had any clothing, which is what I like to buy the most. Most other resorts I’ve stayed at have some combo of t-shirts, zip front sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, and polo shirts. But at least they have logo merch.
Glad to know they have traditional logo items as well. I was hoping for traditional.

But at least they have logo merch.
I wanted the logo magnet back in October and it was sold out. The CM didn't seem to think they were getting any more in stock. They were also out of the Mary Blair magnet. Fast forward to December, still no logo magnet, but the Mary Blair magnet was in stock. Its cute, but the magnet is HUGE. Like 4x larger than the logo one was. I regret not purchasing the logo one years ago. I check eBay daily to see if one is posted with a reasonable price.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest