Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I have always used garden grocer in the past and been very happy with them. This year, however I have a very small list...case of bottled waters, 2 bottles of apple juice and a box of cheerios! Doesn't get me near their minimum and also makes the delivery fee really too much to justify.

Can anyone recommend a different delivery service that goes to CR that might work better for my small order? I could go without it if necessary, but would prefer to have the water available in the heat of august and I know I'll drink less if we are paying Disney prices for each bottle!

wegoshop.com does not have a minimum order.

I have always used garden grocer in the past and been very happy with them. This year, however I have a very small list...case of bottled waters, 2 bottles of apple juice and a box of cheerios! Doesn't get me near their minimum and also makes the delivery fee really too much to justify.

Can anyone recommend a different delivery service that goes to CR that might work better for my small order? I could go without it if necessary, but would prefer to have the water available in the heat of august and I know I'll drink less if we are paying Disney prices for each bottle!

wegoshop.com does not have a minimum order.

We tend to ship things down rather than using a grocery service. Although admittedly, a case of h2o and 2 bottles of AJ aren't shipping worthy items. But instead of the bottled water, what about a Brita filter pitcher or the type of filter that can be added to the faucet?

This is so upsetting to me! I was so looking forward to wishes from our balcony but I agree it's just no good without the music! If u figure it out please let me know. We will be main tower theme park view

We are here now at BLT. We've watched Wishes every night from our room and the music is on channel 105 :)

Enjoy your trip! I was just thinking how I miss BLT!

I can see why! We have stayed at all the deluxes except for Yacht and Beach, we've stayed club level, we've stayed in a big suite at the dolphin, and everyone agreed that BLT has been their absolute favorite!!!

Getting so excited!!! 39 days to go. Put in request for high floor, odd numbered room :) love the views from that side! I am sure I'm in the smaller bunch that would rather be on the inside of the c than outside. I just feel like I don't want to look at parking lots! Fingers crossed room ready around noon when we are arriving. Booked a guided sea-doo tour at Sammy douvals (spelling?!?!) One morning. Cannot wait for that! So ready for this vacation!!!!!

Getting so excited!!! 39 days to go. Put in request for high floor, odd numbered room :) love the views from that side! I am sure I'm in the smaller bunch that would rather be on the inside of the c than outside. I just feel like I don't want to look at parking lots! Fingers crossed room ready around noon when we are arriving. Booked a guided sea-doo tour at Sammy douvals (spelling?!?!) One morning. Cannot wait for that! So ready for this vacation!!!!!
I think you're checking in just as we're checking out. 32 days for us. We put in the same request you did, with the exact same thought process behind it too. I'm wavering a little bit thinking maybe I want to try to get outside the C facing the CR marina, only because all of our past trips have been in the CR tower, lake view. So it would be a very familiar view for us. But no matter what I decide, I'm sure we'll love it!

The other rooms have Juliet balconies. Sliding doors that open to the air, but you can't step out.
You are correct that you can open the sliding glass door, but there isn't even a Juliette balcony. There are bars mounted against the opening:

I bet you already have a trip in the works for next year ;). Can't wait to hear where you're headed next (after your WL CL Christmas trip :santa:) as your trips are always so exciting to read about :goodvibes.

I just wish July 30th would hurry up and get here as I've been (im)patiently waiting to book our trip for next July :hyper: :rotfl::rotfl:.
Less than a week till you book! What are your plans? After Christmas, I actually don't have any WDW plans. We may be going elsewhere:scratchin

Woohoo! Just booked our room! The military salute came out and we had planned to stay in the garden wing to try to get the best of both worlds (steep discount on the cheaper rooms, but still monorail contemporary.). WELL..... they don't offer the military discount on the garden wing rooms, so we looked at our budget and decided to upgrade to a tower room which we WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! It was only about 300 more. SOOO EXCITED! My kids are thrilled!!!!!
Congratulations. We love the Tower, but if you decide you want a GW room, just try calling again. They'll probably add more rooms at a later date.

Wonderful about the well-deserved discounts for military families :earsboy:
I've enjoyed your photos and your lovely sentiment.

Just back from a wonderful stay at the Contemporary Resort. We were in room 4531 on the 9th floor. Never any trouble with elevator waits or monorail waits. LOVED the view. Loved watching the fireworks from our room. We waited a bit for the boat in the evening to go to Trails End for supper (which was great and I highly recommend it).
We love TE, especially for breakfast. Glad you had a nice trip and when will you be returning?

Just wanted to make a note for anyone staying at BLT this summer...

We had 'direct MK view' as one of our requests because we knew the 2 bedroom MK villas ending in 30 were around the corner a little and you had to stand in the corner of the balcony to see the MK. I was a little bummed when we arrived and got a room ending in 30, but hey, we're in Disney in a beautiful villa so no biggie. Well, last night we were getting ready to watch Wishes from our balcony and around 9:45 I heard booming and thought it was storming since it wasn't time for Wishes yet. We went out on the balcony and we could see the Frozen fireworks from DHS to our left and then 15 minutes later we turned to the right and watched Wishes!! So awesome!! Tonight after Wishes my mom said she's officially spoiled and is never staying anywhere else again :) ha!
That sounds magical.

Joining in :goodvibes We will be staying BLT LV 11/29-12/7. This is our first stay here. We are so excited. We are renting points and will be putting in a room request hoping for a little MK view. I can't wait to keep reading and learning more about this resort
Welcome and I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

Hi all! My family will be staying in a GV room 11/16-11/22. I am wondering what room requests I should make to get a nice view? Anyone have a particular view or location they prefer in the Garden Wing?

TIA!
I'll add your dates, too. Our favorite GW view was a ground floor end room that fronted Bay Lake:lovestruc

Ask for a room on the outer part of the "c" on the north end as high as possible. There's a thread somewhere (could b linked on the first post of this thread) that shows actual room numbers and views of Bay Lake. ...that's how I found it originally.
Trisha may have posted this:worship:, but HERE is the link to the BLT room number thread. We really loved our outer LV villa.

I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.
Were you there around 9? The pools have an "opening ceremony." If there are kids around, they will get to officially open the pool with the lifeguards. Lots of fun for the kids to be the first down the slide.

Oh man! We are headed down to the pool this morning, but are getting a little later start and missed it! How fun!!

I have to say how HIGHLY impressed we've been with the pool lifeguards and maintenance. The lifeguards are so vigilant about the constant scanning of the pool area. They are never standing still. We even saw one in a full suit in the pool the other day going around the entire edges cleaning and scrubbing all the tiles with a brush!
You are so right about those lifeguards. They are ever vigilant, all the time. I don't know how they do it walking back and forth, barely taking their eyes off their area. They really deserve those afternoon storm breaks.

All I can say is I feel like a little kid waiting for my stay at the CR in November! my 14 year old son thinks I'm nuts because I am much more excited than he is!!!!:wizard::lovestruc:hippie: Love these little reports!
What do teens know:rolleyes2 Enjoy your planning and anticipation which will become contagious. Your DS will get more excited once he gets there and snacks help, too;)

Sitting at contempo cafe right now waiting for breakfast if anyone wants to come by and say hi :)

Blue tank top and yellow bathing suit bottoms. I'll buy you a resort mug refill!
:lmao:

Useless and needless post alert. I am wiggling in my seat with excitement!! 70 more days and my excitement grows with each passing day. I think by the time our travel days roll around we could power the plane with the energy that will be generated by the family excitement.

I hear about the lifeguards and the views, and the fireworks and....everything. I know we can't do or see it all, but we are going to try. Woohoo!!!!!!

That is all. kthxbai
Not useless and your family excitement power is better than jet fuel:thumbsup2

RO discounts came out today. I talked with my boyfriend and we decided to add a day to the beginning of our stay with the RO discount so that we'll be able to celebrate my REAL birthday at the World, which is Dec 11! We booked a Garden Wing Deluxe Room!! So excited that we get to try the Garden Wing and the Tower for our first on-site stay!!!
Those Deluxe rooms are hard to get - congratulations!

Just adding that those items are also available at CR at Fantasia Market.

Sounds terrific and your trip is coming up soon!

I think you're checking in just as we're checking out. 32 days for us. We put in the same request you did, with the exact same thought process behind it too. I'm wavering a little bit thinking maybe I want to try to get outside the C facing the CR marina, only because all of our past trips have been in the CR tower, lake view. So it would be a very familiar view for us. But no matter what I decide, I'm sure we'll love it!
That's the view we had: Outer Villa, high floor, facing CR. We also usually have stayed in the Tower with a BLV so I know what you mean about the wonderful view. The BLT room view photos I have in the BLT section of this thread were taken from that room. Whether you get an inner or outer villa, I think you will love the view of BL and while the inner view is more expansive, you can't see the monorail.

AaronInWI said:

We are checking in the 1st for 10 nights! I'm so so excited. I hope you have an amazing trip. Post some pics of where you end up if you get a chance!

We have a bay lake view room booked in the main tower. Can someone explain the layout of the rooms to the main concourse area?

In other words, when you step out of your room , can you look down and see the monorail?? Are the hallways going to your room open?

Do they all have decks?? I'm thrilled that we were able to upgrade from the garden wing. Although, I think the garden wing would have been nice, too--the main tower was our first choice. :-)

Hi everyone! We are returning to the CR this year after falling in love with it last year. We are crossing our fingers for the same room area we got last year. Garden Wing/Garden View with a Bay Lake View. My DD was over the moon to get to watch the Water Pageant every night we were in the room at the time. We just opened the patio door and it was there. So awesome.

We will be there August 6-August 13. Going back to read the thread and see what's new this year.

We are checking in the 1st for 10 nights! I'm so so excited. I hope you have an amazing trip. Post some pics of where you end up if you get a chance!
Thanks, you too! You're going to love it. The convenience alone of walking to and from the Magic Kingdom is worth it in my book. We are checking out August 31. We'll be sure to tidy up the place before you get there...

We have a bay lake view room booked in the main tower. Can someone explain the layout of the rooms to the main concourse area?

In other words, when you step out of your room , can you look down and see the monorail?? Are the hallways going to your room open?
Yes you can! If you look at this photo, the upper left hand side is where the Lake View rooms are located. When you step out of you room and look over the ledge, you see either Chef Mickey's or the shops (depending on which end of the resort you're on) and the monorail when it goes past.

nNzPTK

Do they all have decks?? I'm thrilled that we were able to upgrade from the garden wing. Although, I think the garden wing would have been nice, too--the main tower was our first choice. :-)
Yes, they all have decks with two patio chairs and a small table. We normally eat our breakfast out there. It is really peaceful in the morning.

Hi everyone! We are returning to the CR this year after falling in love with it last year. We are crossing our fingers for the same room area we got last year. Garden Wing/Garden View with a Bay Lake View. My DD was over the moon to get to watch the Water Pageant every night we were in the room at the time. We just opened the patio door and it was there. So awesome.

We will be there August 6-August 13. Going back to read the thread and see what's new this year.
Our first stay there was in '05 for our honeymoon, and we didn't realize there was a water pageant until our first night there when we heard the music outside our window. What a pleasant surprise that was! We try to catch it a couple times every trip now.

Just made a change to our October trip and we are now staying our first night in a Std. CL-King Room. CM said we'd be on the 14th floor and would get either a TPV or Lake view but wouldn't know until we check in?

Very excited to try a new resort and can't wait to see the look on DH's face (he has no idea). Off to start reading up on this thread :).

Less than a week till you book! What are your plans? After Christmas, I actually don't have any WDW plans. We may be going elsewhere:scratchin

Hi KOOK :wave2:

Yes, just 5 more days until the 2015 rates are released :yay:. I think I've decided to book Poly CL. We love the Poly and I've always wanted to try CL, so thought next summer would be a good time. DVC construction will probably still be going on, but the pool is scheduled to reopen in March, so even if that gets delayed a little, I'm confident it will be open by middle of July :goodvibes. I can handle any construction that is still going on as long as we have the pool ;).

Disney is always fun, but it's also nice to think about going other places ::yes::. We will probably go somewhere different after next year as well, as we have been talking about other destinations. What exciting places are you considering?

Just made a change to our October trip and we are now staying our first night in a Std. CL-King Room. CM said we'd be on the 14th floor and would get either a TPV or Lake view but wouldn't know until we check in?

Very excited to try a new resort and can't wait to see the look on DH's face (he has no idea). Off to start reading up on this thread :).

Congrats.......have a great time and I hope you enjoy the CR :).

All I can say is I feel like a little kid waiting for my stay at the CR in November! my 14 year old son thinks I'm nuts because I am much more excited than he is!!!!:wizard::lovestruc:hippie: Love these little reports!

Welcome to my world :laughing:

:cool1: so exciting!

I've enjoyed your photos and your lovely sentiment.

Here are some more pics to show you what the CR is like :cutie:

682E9639-1D1B-416D-825B-087E6DAC43CB-1273-0000007BB4DAC902_zpsbcb735eb.jpg

468_zps913daec3.jpg

DE81D574-B033-45DD-A09C-7EC023645646-3435-000001DC9C7F2DCD_zps6aa36ad5.jpg

(The dark rectangular areas are the doors to the rooms.)

pixiedust: love it. We'll be there at the same time :banana:

... I think I've decided to book Poly CL.

:dancer:party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter