Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

On another note, I see I've been upgraded to Dis Veteran! So totally awesome! I think this calls for a glass of wine!

We salute you, Dis Veteran! (Mickey doesn't know how to salute properly though…)

Mickey-Saulte-00.jpg

Nothing planned for this summer. We have been keeping busy here at home, so I figured I'd start thinking about a trip next summer :goodvibes.

Keep us posted on any plansthere's always Christmas:santa:

Hi everybody! I'm reading through this thread now as we're booked for a split trip November. Nov 8th-12th at Yacht Club & 12th -16th at Contemporary. Can't wait!!!

When we've traveled before to Disney I wasn't aware of this board. Lots of info I never knew. How awesome. :)

:welcome: to the DIS and the thread! I'm glad you've found us and I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

About a month ago or so, I asked about the round yellow decorative pillows on the beds, and while some folks said they are still there, I've been peeking on TripAdvisor, and they most certainly seem to be gone, and the fact that they're being sold on Ebay as "retired" seems to cement the deal. I do think this is a shame, as those gave the room a nice pop of color and reminded me (as I assume they were meant to) of the buttons on Mickey's pants. It was a perfect way to add some whimsy to an otherwise sleek and modern design. The rooms look boring and unfinished now without them. i hope I'm wrong, and I'll see in person in less than a month but if they really have retired those cute pillows, I hope they replace them with something!

We had them on the 11th floor in April, but I know some rooms haven't had them.
IMG_2863.jpg

Oh, I love those yellow pillows! I hope they are there! The Msry Blair mural is amazing! Her style is absolutely timeless and absolutely Disney. Need to ride IASW now. It was closed in April.

Getting excited for this trip now.

:yay:

Hello everyone! I am a WL transfer due to construction, but hope you'll still have me! ;) I'll be staying 10/29-11/3 with my husband and 2 year old son. It will be my son's first trip and we're super excited. We'll be staying in the Garden Wing. Now I'm off to read all 143 preceding pages to get myself ready!

As far as the theming goes, I don't think the CR needs much. The Mary Blair mural in the concourse screams WDW for me, as does Chef Mickeys, and that feeling of just knowing how close you are to the MK!
That said..
About a month ago or so, I asked about the round yellow decorative pillows on the beds, and while some folks said they are still there, I've been peeking on TripAdvisor, and they most certainly seem to be gone, and the fact that they're being sold on Ebay as "retired" seems to cement the deal. I do think this is a shame, as those gave the room a nice pop of color and reminded me (as I assume they were meant to) of the buttons on Mickey's pants. It was a perfect way to add some whimsy to an otherwise sleek and modern design. The rooms look boring and unfinished now without them. i hope I'm wrong, and I'll see in person in less than a month but if they really have retired those cute pillows, I hope they replace them with something!

We did not have the yellow pillows in our room when we stayed Atrium CL this past May.

Hello everyone! I am a WL transfer due to construction, but hope you'll still have me! ;) I'll be staying 10/29-11/3 with my husband and 2 year old son. It will be my son's first trip and we're super excited. We'll be staying in the Garden Wing. Now I'm off to read all 143 preceding pages to get myself ready!
Did you take your Sea Raycer over here? Welcome to the thread and let us know if we can help. I think your DS will love CM and the monorail:)

Hi everybody! I'm reading through this thread now as we're booked for a split trip November. Nov 8th-12th at Yacht Club & 12th -16th at Contemporary. Can't wait!!!

When we've traveled before to Disney I wasn't aware of this board. Lots of info I never knew. How awesome. :)

Welcome to the CR thread :wizard:.

I hope you are finding the information you want/need on the CR. Feel free to ask any questions as there are some very friendly and knowledgeable posters here who are always willing to help :goodvibes:.

Keep us posted on any plansthere's always Christmas:santa:

You never know...lol. I'm not really planning anything for this year, but a quick trip in December is always a possibility ;).

Welcome to the CR thread :flower3:.

How exciting to be planning your son's first trip. I'm sure you'll have a great time at the CR :goodvibes.

Is anyone at CR now or have any recent room pictures? I have been looking online but, there are old/newer pictures out there. Specifically, I see pics with something like a whiteboard above the head of the beds? Is this current and what exactly is it? I don't think I like this style at all....

Is anyone at CR now or have any recent room pictures? I have been looking online but, there are old/newer pictures out there. Specifically, I see pics with something like a whiteboard above the head of the beds? Is this current and what exactly is it? I don't think I like this style at all....
The photos that are in the ROOM chapter of the thread are what the rooms currently look like (though some rooms don't have the pillows). The only rooms with a different decor are the 14th floor Tower Club level rooms/suites. I took these in April:

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

I took these pictures of room 4912 (king room) in the Tower Club this week.
2iuyrus.jpg

2eb7tq9.jpg

2nqbayb.jpg

4i1ut3.jpg

I took these pictures of room 4912 (king room) in the Tower Club this week.
Gorgeous! How was your stay? Thank you for posting some photos. Did you take any of the Tower Club lounge? I'm going to post your photos later to the CL chapter.

Looking at your signature, you've had/will have so many great stays at Disney resorts - wow!

Gorgeous! How was your stay? Thank you for posting some photos. Did you take any of the Tower Club lounge? I'm going to post your photos later to the CL chapter.
Our stay was wonderful!! I wish we could have stayed longer (did an AKLCL/CR CL split) . We will definitely be back to the CR and hopefully the Tower Club. We had one snooty CM at check in but that tends to happen to DH and I (22 & 25) at nice places so I just brushed it off. Everyone else was kind and fabulous. I have more pictures. I'll post them, I have a few of the food offerings too.

& yes, we are like a 2.5/3 hour drive so we come down a lot. Usually we go the cheaper route but this was our big trip! (poly being an exception as we got a deal haha!)

The photos that are in the ROOM chapter of the thread are what the rooms currently look like (though some rooms don't have the pillows). The only rooms with a different decor are the 14th floor Tower Club level rooms/suites. I took these in April:

View attachment 110678

View attachment 110681

View attachment 110679

View attachment 110682
Thanks WDWKOOK. I saw those but also pulled up pics that showed more earthy tones with a brown/beige square over the headboards so I wasn't sure which was current. The Club Tower room pics posted above seem to be different with lighter wood tones and linens? They sure are beautiful!

Awesome pics!! That is exactly the room that we are looking to get in 2017. Was there anything specific you did to get that? My understanding was that you would have to book the Club Level Theme Park View and request the King bed. It is just my wife and I so we don't need two Queens.

Looking forward to more of your pics!

Awesome pics!! That is exactly the room that we are looking to get in 2017. Was there anything specific you did to get that? My understanding was that you would have to book the Club Level Theme Park View and request the King bed. It is just my wife and I so we don't need two Queens.

Looking forward to more of your pics!
You need to call to book it and ask specifically for the king room in the tower club. There are only 2 of them and they cannot be booked online. Only 4912 has the awesome walk in shower and the tub shower combo. I wish I could have taken that bathroom home with me!

Last edited:
Pictures of Tower Club itself:
(from table looking towards elevators)
88554800e1e074e6ec3eb9e2ec296f013abb4126bb5d198d837e8838e98489744f72021f.jpg

view of lounge from where I was eating
42165900b4ba86439556333dfe15123db5d8fdfd050da3f03262f0afd07efbdd8e9b8e92.jpg

& the view from my room, 4912!
26203749c6aa7431ab4fe5e64c5c9e2cb20f1bf5b3f3224dd3ea1fd319956a5f4f63f134.jpg

That's all I have (well besides a hundred more wishes/view pics), hope those help!

Hello! Another WL transfer checking in here. Staying in the Garden wing 12/27 - 1/3. Contemplating my room placement request. Is Bay View or Canal View better?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter