Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We're staying in the main tower. Where will the closest laundry facilities be?
Just to expand on @bcinohio 's post. You can use a web app to monitor the status of the Washers / Dryers (updates every 20 seconds).

https://www.laundryview.com/home/8114/4569361/CONTEMPORARY-RESORT-SOUTH-GARDEN-WING/SOUTH-GARDEN-WING

Note: all the details in the same post: The Contemporary resort laundry rooms is just inside the South Garden wing on the 1st floor.

Bay Lake tower status information

https://www.laundryview.com/home/6108/4573741/CONTEMPORARY-RESORT-BAY-LAKE-TOWER/BAY-LAKE-TOWER-AT-CONTEMPORARY-RESORT

Dave

Just to expand on @bcinohio 's post. You can use a web app to monitor the status of the Washers / Dryers (updates every 20 seconds).

https://www.laundryview.com/home/8114/4569361/CONTEMPORARY-RESORT-SOUTH-GARDEN-WING/SOUTH-GARDEN-WING

Note: all the details in the same post: The Contemporary resort laundry rooms is just inside the South Garden wing on the 1st floor.

Bay Lake tower status information

https://www.laundryview.com/home/6108/4573741/CONTEMPORARY-RESORT-BAY-LAKE-TOWER/BAY-LAKE-TOWER-AT-CONTEMPORARY-RESORT

Dave
That is so handy. Thank you!

Contemporary lovers - give me some tips! I've got a trip planned for New Year's weekend and just switched from my mainstay (the GF) thanks to my CM daughter finding availability at the Contemporary with her employee discount - Main Tower Lake View. I've been to WDW 3 or 4 times for New Years, but always stay at the GF or Poly. I haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was about 12 years old (a very long time ago). I've recently eaten at Steakhouse 71 and plan to do again. Skipping Chef Mickey's (teen-adult group). I've done the walking path from the Contemporary to the MK, so no questions about that. I read here that there's an observation deck on 4 to view fireworks and that was helpful to know. Any other "must see, must do, must try" items? I've got the GF and the Poly so down pat, I feel kind of excited to try somewhere new.

Contemporary lovers - give me some tips! I've got a trip planned for New Year's weekend and just switched from my mainstay (the GF) thanks to my CM daughter finding availability at the Contemporary with her employee discount - Main Tower Lake View. I've been to WDW 3 or 4 times for New Years, but always stay at the GF or Poly. I haven't stayed at the Contemporary since I was about 12 years old (a very long time ago). I've recently eaten at Steakhouse 71 and plan to do again. Skipping Chef Mickey's (teen-adult group). I've done the walking path from the Contemporary to the MK, so no questions about that. I read here that there's an observation deck on 4 to view fireworks and that was helpful to know. Any other "must see, must do, must try" items? I've got the GF and the Poly so down pat, I feel kind of excited to try somewhere new.

CR is pretty easy, IMO… meaning there’s not much that’s not already obvious. I wish the CR-WL-FW boat was running because I really like to use that to make Geyser Point an extension of CRs dining options (cmon Disney!).

As far as the 4th floor observation deck…. If it’s jammed don’t be afraid to head up the exit stairwells for a better/higher view. You still get the audio from what’s playing in the general area, for the most part.

California Grill is my favorite restaurant on property, so I always try to go there whenever possible. I’m not good at booking ADRs in advance but have sometimes (not always) had success with bar seating (my fav) or the mobile walk up list feature. I don’t totally love the current prix fixe menu though. 😡

Have fun!

I hope this is the right place to ask (if not, please point me in the right direction). We are staying at the Contemporary for New Years week this year - our first time staying at the Contemporary. I'm wondering about the 50th Anniversary Contemporary merchandise - I've seen some items I definitely want to get, but wondering about availability/if they're already selling out. I see so much popping up on resale sites (at greatly inflated prices!), so it makes me worry they are already selling out and won't be there when we get there in 3 weeks. Mostly it's a sentimental reason - I want to purchase my souvenirs THERE (somehow it doesn't feel as special buying from a reseller). Logically, I keep thinking the Anniversary celebration is supposed to last over a year, so surely they bought large quantities. But a lot of items I saw available on ShopDisney sold out before I acted on them. And there are a few things from the Contemporary merchandise I really want, and don't know if I should risk waiting to see if they are available when we get there or if I should go ahead and buy to make sure I get them. Anyone have any insight on how much is still available, or what might already be sold out?

CR is pretty easy, IMO… meaning there’s not much that’s not already obvious. I wish the CR-WL-FW boat was running because I really like to use that to make Geyser Point an extension of CRs dining options (cmon Disney!).

As far as the 4th floor observation deck…. If it’s jammed don’t be afraid to head up the exit stairwells for a better/higher view. You still get the audio from what’s playing in the general area, for the most part.

California Grill is my favorite restaurant on property, so I always try to go there whenever possible. I’m not good at booking ADRs in advance but have sometimes (not always) had success with bar seating (my fav) or the mobile walk up list feature. I don’t totally love the current prix fixe menu though. 😡

Have fun!
Thank you! I did not know about viewing fireworks from the exit stairwells. Great tip! I agree with you on the Contemporary-Wilderness Lodge boat. I do enjoy Geyser Point. I wonder why that boat's still not running? I'll keep California Grill (including the bar) in mind as an option. On my last trip, my daughter got a same-day dinner reservation there (I opted out and left it for her and her boyfriend). They loved it. That was the last day of the non prix fixe menu. I agree with you on that - I don't love it. It's not the price so much as it is just the fact that it's just more food than I typically want to eat. (I feel the same way at BOG). We'll see how I feel about the whole hotel. I like the artwork and renovations in the lobby/downstairs area, but the Incredibles room decor? I don't mind the Incredibles movies, but not sure I love it in a hotel room. We shall see. Thanks again for your help.

My wife and I are wanting to come back to the Contemporary after our opening week of club level stay. We’ve been looking in January and February for tower club, and nothing is available. Not tower, atrium, or even non club level rooms. Is this because some of the Bay Lake view rooms are still under renovation, or is there something crazy going on that we don‘t know about? We are currently booked RPC for 4 days and BWI Garden Cottage for 3, but we would like to spend some (if not all) of that time at CR.

*Edit*: Also, forgot to add this. Has there been any news on the boats from CR to WL reopening?

Last edited:
Hi - I'd like to have a crib delivered from an outside vendor. The latest drop off time they offer is 6PM, but we won't have landed yet. Can it be dropped off at bell services without me there to pick it up? Will bell services charge us for holding it until we arrive?

My wife and I are wanting to come back to the Contemporary after our opening week of club level stay. We’ve been looking in January and February for tower club, and nothing is available. Not tower, atrium, or even non club level rooms. Is this because some of the Bay Lake view rooms are still under renovation, or is there something crazy going on that we don‘t know about? We are currently booked RPC for 4 days and BWI Garden Cottage for 3, but we would like to spend some (if not all) of that time at CR.

*Edit*: Also, forgot to add this. Has there been any news on the boats from CR to WL reopening?
The room renovations in the tower have been completed since the end of October, so the club level rooms are most likely booked. Sometimes checking for more nights than you actually need will work. You can generally book the reservation then call CRO and have the extra nights that you do not want removed.

The Contemporary is one of Disney's major convention hotels so it could be that there several meetings scheduled there during that time period.

As far as I've been reading on the boards, the boats from the CR to Wilderness Lodge are still not running.

Last edited:

Have fun!

As far as bar seating goes at Cali Grill, can you just go for a drink (or two :) )? Or do you have to order the prix fixe menu at the bar?

Thanks!

I'm choking over the Contemporary's New Year's Event "A Golden New Year's Eve in Wine Country" at California Grill that costs $700 per person. Unbelievable. Information is on the California Grill page.
Definitely gives some insight into what income level patron they're catering to....

Well, did you book? :goodvibes
Ha ha ha! I'll probably be watching the fireworks from the GF boat dock with the rest of the poor people. But hey, at least the calendar's officially been updated to show Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50 on the 30th and the 31st. The early fireworks show is still Enchantment (bummer) but I'm glad Fantasy in the Sky will be happening!

Ha ha ha! I'll probably be watching the fireworks from the GF boat dock with the rest of the poor people. But hey, at least the calendar's officially been updated to show Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50 on the 30th and the 31st. The early fireworks show is still Enchantment (bummer) but I'm glad Fantasy in the Sky will be happening!
I’ll be at gf! I probably will ditch dh ( he could care less) and watch from Gaspies. That’s a great spot too! I usually watch Ewp from boat dock.

I hope this is the right place to ask (if not, please point me in the right direction). We are staying at the Contemporary for New Years week this year - our first time staying at the Contemporary. I'm wondering about the 50th Anniversary Contemporary merchandise - I've seen some items I definitely want to get, but wondering about availability/if they're already selling out. I see so much popping up on resale sites (at greatly inflated prices!), so it makes me worry they are already selling out and won't be there when we get there in 3 weeks. Mostly it's a sentimental reason - I want to purchase my souvenirs THERE (somehow it doesn't feel as special buying from a reseller). Logically, I keep thinking the Anniversary celebration is supposed to last over a year, so surely they bought large quantities. But a lot of items I saw available on ShopDisney sold out before I acted on them. And there are a few things from the Contemporary merchandise I really want, and don't know if I should risk waiting to see if they are available when we get there or if I should go ahead and buy to make sure I get them. Anyone have any insight on how much is still available, or what might already be sold out?
Last weekend dd was disappointed the loungefly CR ears were sold out, I grabbed the ones from Poly before they were gone. The 3 puzzle collection I saw a few different places. It looks like the CR purse was just put out. It looks adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter