Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Babrook I had felt the same in the past. However, after staying there I can tell you it is the exact opposite. For a honeymoon I may choose the GF over CR because it is more romantic and luxurious, but no hotel is more Disney than the CR in my opinion.

It is the first hotel ever conceived of in Disney. It has a distinct "Tomorrowland" feeling on purpose. Each of the MK resorts have a theme tied to a land in MK. You can hear, see and almost feel MK from the hotel. EPCOT is just 2 monorails away. With my now little child it is a no brainer for me.

I can see other hotels appeal for a honeymoon. Beach/Yacht club has an amazing sand bottom pool and lazy river if a relaxing honeymoon is the draw, GF is the luxurious flagship and you can splurge like crazy on V&A's, the spa and afternoon tea, Animal Kingdom is private and secluded and drinking coffee and wine on your balcony is very relaxing and romantic. The Contemporary has amazing dining, fantastic location and the best fireworks views (you must dine at California Grill!).

DH and I were married in Disney and been traveling there for 8 years before we even had a child (and have stayed at every deluxe). Now our priorities and requirements have changed so that is my perspective. So it really all depends what you are looking for out of a Disney Honeymoon!

Last edited:
Hi all!

I may be switching my resort to CR and excited that we can walk to MK!

I will be probably going with a garden wing room. Is there a difference between the standard and the garden view? I see a price difference but is it really the view. Standard has view of parking lot and garden view has the a better view. Am I correct?

Hi all!

I may be switching my resort to CR and excited that we can walk to MK!

I will be probably going with a garden wing room. Is there a difference between the standard and the garden view? I see a price difference but is it really the view. Standard has view of parking lot and garden view has the a better view. Am I correct?
Yep! But don't forget parking lot view = monorail view!

also one more question....

I am trying to fit in Ohana breakfast in our schedule..

which is more convenient (we have small kids)

Doing it before we go to Epcot for the day OR in the morning of MNSSHP where we have no plans and just wanted to relax at the hotel and kids play in the splash area to get ready for the Halloween Party?

Doing it before we go to Epcot for the day OR in the morning of MNSSHP where we have no plans and just wanted to relax at the hotel and kids play in the splash area to get ready for the Halloween Party?
I'd do it on your party day. That way you won't be rushed at all.

Ha, just saw the previous response! I would go before Epcot since then you can walk from Poly to the TTC monorail station and take the monorail to Epcot without transferring. But doing it on MNSSHP day is a good choice too. It kind of depends whether you're a commando park-goer. If so, then do it on party day. If you're not rushing for the Tier 1 epcot rides (or have FP for the ones you want), then I'd do it on Epcot day.

I would say it depends if your a rope drop kind of family. If you are, i would head right to Epcot and leave Ohana for another day. If you aren't and dont mind getting there around 11:00ish (if you have an 9:00 ADR), you'll be walking distance to the TTC and can just hop the monorail right over to Epcot when done.

Yep! But don't forget parking lot view = monorail view!

Wouldn't the monorail be overhead in the garden view building since its not as tall as the Tower? When staying at the CR we always see the monorail but are also usually on the 9th Floor in the Tower.

Question for those who have stayed at CR. Whenever I tell someone we are staying at CR they seem to respond with "the food court is bad there." Is Contempo Cafe really that bad?

Question for those who have stayed at CR. Whenever I tell someone we are staying at CR they seem to respond with "the food court is bad there." Is Contempo Cafe really that bad?

I dont think its bad at all - it has your basic "quick food" and cupcakes/snacks. Its right outside of Chef Mickeys so it tends to be a bit on the noisy side.

I think the food is good, pretty similar quality and variety to the other food courts. However, the layout and the atmosphere is what takes it down a notch for me. It is in the middle of everything and can get very noisy and chaotic, which is hard when you just want a quick meal after a long day. Still love CR though and can't wait to go back!!

Hi DisBoards, long time lurker first time poster:

I've never stayed at the Contemporary or BLT before. Parents have DVC, have done BLT, weren't huge fans of the themeing. They've said, and I think I have read this in other places, that the Contemporary doesn't "feel like a Disney resort" and maybe feels more like a nicer non-Disney resort. I've looked at pictures, watched tour videos, been in the main concourse for Chef Mickey's, but I don't know if those are all ways to get the 'feel' of a resort, as it were.

Currently planning my honeymoon, Contemporary is at the top of my list since it is one of the very few resorts still on my list. Does anyone else share this opinion, or even heard it before? Especially for a honeymoon trip feeling the "disney magic" is important to me.

Thanks.
Many people feel the theming of the Contemporary is lackluster, and that's fine. I can certainly see the draw of the other resorts on property, I have never been unhappy at another resort and hope to stay at many more than I have. To me though, it feels like a building straight out of Walt's original concept of Progress City. It feels like something straight out of Walt Disney's head, and for me there can be nothing more "Disney" than that.

Well, it's not what I would call a "food court" for what that's worth. But I actually really like Contempo Cafe, it's maybe my favorite QS of the monorail resorts. Maybe I'm just weird but I like the setting... the buzz of the atrium, the monorails overhead, the daylight from the windows, the murals. It's pure Disney to me. :-)

We love the Contempo Cafe and the food offerings there. I think it is one of the better food courts actually. We will be there in a couple of weeks and we are excited to eat there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter