Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

You book through Disney Signature Services (DSS), which is basically a pre-arrival 'concierge' type service available to guests who book club level. DSS replaced the IPOs in early 2017. DSS effectively does the same thing as the IPOs, but it's a centralized service rather than CMs specifically located/dedicated to individual resort club levels.

More info on DSS can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/signature-services/

And their contact info is:
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

You call DSS to book the Extra FP program. They take your info, confirm your resort reservation, take your payment info, etc. They walk you through the booking process for each day based on your FP requests. Some CMs will take notes and do the actual FP booking after you get off the phone, some will book with you on the phone. It's a bit of a manual/tedious process for the CMs, especially if you have a lot of days. And I find trying to plan 6 FPs is actually quite difficult when you sit down to do it! It's easy to second guess your park plan at every step.

DSS has to book all 6 FPs when you first book at the 90 day from check-out mark. You can then right away change/modify the three Regular FPs yourself within MDX, but you can't manually change/modify any of the "Extra FPs" at any time. This is why some recommend to make the three "Extra FPs" ones you are not likely to want to change down the road, since it involves a phone call.

Yes, the example you outlined is accurate. The ability to bridge parks and tiers is where the real value of the program lies (for some).

Yes, people take food/beverages out of the lounges all the time. No issues there at all.

Hope that helps!

Thank you extremely helpful!
We would know well in advance which FP+ we'd like and the approx timing since we do go often enough to have a routine of what parks what days and what times we'll be at each.
Example one day I can already say that we'd go to HS first half of the day and Epcot the second half of the day and I'd want SDD, RNRC, and TOT in the am and TT, FEA, and Soarin in the afternoon/evening.
Lol we are just so predictable this would not change in 90 days.

SOS! I booked YC CL for next October and tomorrow on the way to my in laws (2 hour drive) my husband and I are going to discuss things.

I need all the perks of staying CL and all the wonderful things about YC so I can sell him on it. He wants a relaxing vacation, so I booked water view so we can watch the boats from our balcony. It's for our 5 year anniversary, so I thought splurging on WV CL would be lovely.

I'm afraid he's going to say we don't need to spend the extra money to stay CL and just have me downgrade to non CL and obviously I don't want that.

I've been doing a lot of research on CL but it's information overload right now.

We have been staying CL at YC for about 15 years now, waterview CL is my favorite room in property. We are 2 adults, early 60s. We do relaxing vacations, no open to close park commando style vacations for us. The YC is relaxing from the minute you enter the lobby. We were there this year in April & September. I played pictures & updates while here if you want to search for my posts.

CL benefits include help with advance plans from signature services, if you want someone to make ADRs for you. We like knowing what floor & general area we’ll be in, no hoping for a high floor/ low floor etc.

Food offerings have improved a lot in the last year or so. Breakfast has added things like mini quiche, bread pudding & crepes. The even8ng appetizers inclusive salmon with grains & citrus sauce; chicken skewers; Mac & cheese bar with add ins & an amazing short ribs of beef with mashed potatoes. Desserts offer mini warm apple pies, no bake cheesecakes & flourless chocolate Mickey heads, cookies, brownies & now even small Eddy’s ice creams. We don’t drink, but if you do beer, wine & cordials are available. Plus I’m pretty sure 5e have the mimosa bar on Sundays.

The new paid fastpass program might interest you if you want to get all the headlines without too much stress. The lounge does get crowded at breakfast, but it is practically empty at other times, so a nice quiet place to relax outside of the room.

Cost wise, it is sometimes hard to justify, but when you add up the costs of breakfast, beverages (even just soda) snacks, appetizers & desserts, it can add up to a decent amount.

Good luck getting him on board!

We have been staying CL at YC for about 15 years now, waterview CL is my favorite room in property. We are 2 adults, early 60s. We do relaxing vacations, no open to close park commando style vacations for us. The YC is relaxing from the minute you enter the lobby. We were there this year in April & September. I played pictures & updates while here if you want to search for my posts.

CL benefits include help with advance plans from signature services, if you want someone to make ADRs for you. We like knowing what floor & general area we’ll be in, no hoping for a high floor/ low floor etc.

Food offerings have improved a lot in the last year or so. Breakfast has added things like mini quiche, bread pudding & crepes. The even8ng appetizers inclusive salmon with grains & citrus sauce; chicken skewers; Mac & cheese bar with add ins & an amazing short ribs of beef with mashed potatoes. Desserts offer mini warm apple pies, no bake cheesecakes & flourless chocolate Mickey heads, cookies, brownies & now even small Eddy’s ice creams. We don’t drink, but if you do beer, wine & cordials are available. Plus I’m pretty sure 5e have the mimosa bar on Sundays.

The new paid fastpass program might interest you if you want to get all the headlines without too much stress. The lounge does get crowded at breakfast, but it is practically empty at other times, so a nice quiet place to relax outside of the room.

Cost wise, it is sometimes hard to justify, but when you add up the costs of breakfast, beverages (even just soda) snacks, appetizers & desserts, it can add up to a decent amount.

Good luck getting him on board!

Love it!!!!!

We've recently fallen in love with YC CL (it was our last resort/CL combination to try, which in hindsight was a mistake). I don't have time at the moment to expound on its wonderfulness, but here are links to some posts from earlier this year with some YC CL pics... so I'll let those do the talking.

Yacht Club CL - July 2018

Yacht Club CL - Oct 2018

Is hubby a beer drinker? Just tell him you can get 'free' beer all day, and YC CL has had the coldest beer of any CL we've tried. :-)

But seriously, I rank the YC CL food very very high among the various CLs. Outside of AKL CL, it's probably my favorite.

Happy to answer any question.

My DH is allergic to beer so that wouldn't interest him. Thank you for the links! I'll check them out!

We have been here since Sunday. The resort is stunning. Christmas tree went up last night. We have thoroughly enjoyed the club level offerings and the club level cast mates. You will love it. I will try to do a full report when we return.
I look forward to reading your report. We walked through the lobby on Monday, hoping the tree would be up, looks like we were a few days too early. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

I just booked our first CL stay at AKL for next July. We are really looking forward this trip. We may get spoiled and always have to stay CL in the future!

Congrats on booking your first CL stay! July really isn't that far away. Have fun with the planning :).

We have been here since Sunday. The resort is stunning. Christmas tree went up last night. We have thoroughly enjoyed the club level offerings and the club level cast mates. You will love it. I will try to do a full report when we return.

Sounds like you're having a great time! Looking forward to your report when you return. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving :flower3:.

Are you allowed to take food/drinks out of the lounge for later consumption or must all food and drink stay in the lounge?
Say I'd like to take a pastry back to my room or a bottle of water for the parks is that allowed?

As others have posted, yes, you are allowed to take food/drinks out of the lounge ;).

SOS! I booked YC CL for next October and tomorrow on the way to my in laws (2 hour drive) my husband and I are going to discuss things.

I need all the perks of staying CL and all the wonderful things about YC so I can sell him on it. He wants a relaxing vacation, so I booked water view so we can watch the boats from our balcony. It's for our 5 year anniversary, so I thought splurging on WV CL would be lovely.

I'm afraid he's going to say we don't need to spend the extra money to stay CL and just have me downgrade to non CL and obviously I don't want that.

I've been doing a lot of research on CL but it's information overload right now.

I haven't stayed YC CL, but have stayed CL at other resorts and the main advantage (to me) is the lounge itself. It's nice to have a comfortable place to sit and relax/wind down other than in the room or around the resort. The food offerings are great as well, especially if you don't want an actual meal and are just looking for a quick snack :goodvibes.

We walked through the lobby on Monday, hoping the tree would be up, looks like we were a few days too early. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Sorry you missed the AKL tree. Hope you're having a great time otherwise :wizard:.

My DH is allergic to beer so that wouldn't interest him. Thank you for the links! I'll check them out!

Sorry, my bad. Well hopefully my pics give you an idea of the water view room views, the lounge, types of food, etc. @focusondisney has given you some great input above (in my opinion) - she's a YC pro.

The whole "CL worth it" question is tough as it's such an personal assessment based on individual touring styles. We tend to be "around" the resorts more than not (we're not park commandos), so we're "around" the resort/lounge to take advantage of various offerings (breakfast most mornings, apps maybe 50-70% of the time). If you're not around the resort that much, CL tends to lose some of the 'value' for some.

DW and I are doing an adults only weekend trip soon and we were recently debating YC vs BWI. Ultimately settled on YC as it's just a nice fit for our style - the rooms, the layout of the resort and lounge, friendly CMs, tasty food options.

Good luck deciding, and definitely don't hesitate to come by this thread if you need some 'talking points' for convincing DH. :-)

Last edited:
:dogdance:Animal Kingdom lodge club level offerings for us on Thanksgiving evening were amazing. The chef prepared butternut squash soup with chopped apples, turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. So we had the traditional meal. I just did not have to cook it. Yippee

They also had the usual crudités, breads, honey, assorted hummus spreads, roast beef with couscous, olives, mealie dogs (aka mini corn dogs), pb sandwiches. I have also found my favorite club level drink... a sunrise sangria. It’s a red wine with jungle juice ( pog juice ) added.

The food offerings have been very good. Some a little spicy, but we have enjoyed trying the different flavor profiles this resort offers.

My countdown is at just over one week, I'm ready to get into the Christmas spirit WL style :). We aren't booked CL but I am going to add access at check in.

Have a great trip! :santa:

:dogdance:Animal Kingdom lodge club level offerings for us on Thanksgiving evening were amazing. The chef prepared butternut squash soup with chopped apples, turkey, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce. So we had the traditional meal. I just did not have to cook it. Yippee

They also had the usual crudités, breads, honey, assorted hummus spreads, roast beef with couscous, olives, mealie dogs (aka mini corn dogs), pb sandwiches. I have also found my favorite club level drink... a sunrise sangria. It’s a red wine with jungle juice ( pog juice ) added.

The food offerings have been very good. Some a little spicy, but we have enjoyed trying the different flavor profiles this resort offers.

Sounds like a delicious Thanksgiving meal! Glad you're having a great time and enjoying WL CL :goodvibes.

[QUOTE="Queen of the WDW Scene, post: 59978946, member: 585015”]

One other CL general question...
Are you allowed to take food/drinks out of the lounge for later consumption or must all food and drink stay in the lounge?
Say I'd like to take a pastry back to my room or a bottle of water for the parks is that allowed?

Just trying to figure out how to get the best value for my dollar especially since we tend to be at the parks all day.[/QUOTE]
As has been mentioned you can take anything you want out of the lounge
How easy they make it varies so you may want to be prepared
For example of you like pastries bring some plastic bags to store them in
We have found some lounges offer small bags to make your own trail mix in the afternoon so you may not need anything extra then
Cans of sodas or boxes of juice are always available to take to your fridge
Alcohol is handled differently in each CL
Some will not give you any unopened at all, Some will. Even beer.
Some will only serve you some will let you serve yourself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter