Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know it is so hard fitting everything in. Enjoy!

I would have said the Poly also - but after our trip at the AKL CL - I would say the AKL CL with a Savannah view. We loved our stay there - and there is so much to do without going to the parks. Plus we had great interactions with CM.

Well we just got home - so so sad. We actually extended a day at the CR CL and was able to keep our room - but I will go into that later.

That is funny you would ask this question. When we first got in and saw that the big terrace, which includes the master bedroom and the living room terrace, is the terrace on the side of the Savannah - I was disappointed at first thinking I would have to go into the kids room (the small terrace) to see the main Savannah and all of the animals. Well I was so wrong. Because they move the animals to the other Savannah in the morning and later in the evening - the animals are always gathering over at the side of the Savannah near our big terrace. From 7am until when the caretakers come to open the gate anywhere from 10am to 10:30am - the animals are walking around the side. It was wonderful the caretakers would ring the cow bell and all the animals would come to move to the other Savannah. There was always the mother and baby giraffe there waiting - we saw the baby giraffe nurse many times. Plus many other animals. We were in room 3591. It was a 3 minute walk to the elevator to go to the CL lounge. We timed it - it was not that bad at all.

I can say that for us the views were better from the side of the savannah then from the main savannah. Here are some pictures of the animals from the side of the Savannah. I will get my stuff together and post more tomorrow.

[ATTACH=full]345758[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]345759[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]345760[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]345761[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! I always wanted to try AKL for the Savannah but my husband thinks it's too isolated and far from everything.

Beautiful! I always wanted to try AKL for the Savannah but my husband thinks it's too isolated and far from everything.
Common misconception. It's not. Take a look at a map sometime, better yet, show him the map. Actually, it's MK, and it's resorts, that's isolated. The rest of the complex is grouped together.
Map_WDW_Resort.jpg

We always felt the same way at first. I don't think I could stay there for a long trip to Disney but 4 nights was perfect for us. We did MK one night for the DAH party and AK 2 times. It was definitely a wonderful resort that we will definitely stay in again.

I booked our upcoming trip at 373 days out as I knew we were going to be limited with travel this year, or I should say I chose to dedicate time to a new contract I was taking in January of this year, we have spoiled ourselves doing several trips a year, with that being said......:hourglass......94 days to go!!!!!

Our youngest just turned 10 on Tuesday the 21st :bday: how the time flies, he is officially a Disney adult now lol!!!

I agree, time does fly! I wasn't as early as you, but I booked our Oct trip at the beginning of February and we are now just 61 days away. Your trip will be here before you know it :).

Well we just got home - so so sad. We actually extended a day at the CR CL and was able to keep our room - but I will go into that later.

View attachment 345758 View attachment 345759 View attachment 345760 View attachment 345761[/user]

How fun to add a day, glad you were able to keep the same room. Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

I always wanted to try AKL for the Savannah but my husband thinks it's too isolated and far from everything.

AKL is out away from everything, but we have had 2 stays there and visit every trip to eat at Boma and we've found it to take maybe 5 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts. With that said, we are never in a hurry on vacation and use only Disney transportation and have never had a problem with long waits/bus rides. AKL is a beautiful resort and is worth a try, IMO :).

We always felt the same way at first. I don't think I could stay there for a long trip to Disney but 4 nights was perfect for us. We did MK one night for the DAH party and AK 2 times. It was definitely a wonderful resort that we will definitely stay in again.

I'm glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed AKL :goodvibes.

Common misconception. It's not. Take a look at a map sometime, better yet, show him the map. Actually, it's MK, and it's resorts, that's isolated. The rest of the complex is grouped together.
Map_WDW_Resort.jpg
That's the problem, he likes MK and the MK resorts lol. He likes fireworks from the beach, the monorail, we always eat at Ohanas twice etc.

HI Everyone, I'm new to this group and to Club Level but not to Disney World. I've been vacationing there since I was 3 and now I am sharing my favorite place with my boys, 8 and 4. This is our first time doing club level and we will be staying at the Grand Floridian. We are booked in the SugarLoaf building but I have heard that the building is closed for remodeling. I heard conflicting info about it reopening as early as today (August 24) and as late as October. Anyone have any information.

Nope. I did not. Specifically asked and was turned down. They would only give it to me opened. :(

Oh, and Welcome!
:welcome:

Thanks! That's a little bit of a downer but I'm sure we'll deal. If it means I have to go to the lounge and then back to the room, I don't mind a few minute walk. I checked out touringplans room finder - am I correct in assuming that we'd want to be further away from the Arusha overlook? We don't mind extra steps to have a better view.

Thanks! That's a little bit of a downer but I'm sure we'll deal. If it means I have to go to the lounge and then back to the room, I don't mind a few minute walk. I checked out touringplans room finder - am I correct in assuming that we'd want to be further away from the Arusha overlook? We don't mind extra steps to have a better view.

This may help. Rooms closest to the middle/the Arusha overlook will have a shorter walk to the lounge. From what I saw, I’m not so sure the animal viewing is materially different there or further out on the wings. Maybe a touch better further out, but it’s so variable. Our room was the arrow below and the animal viewing was fine. Not great, but fine. There is a decent tree canopy that sort of blocks you from seeing too far on to the Savanna. There was more animal action, in general, on the other side of the savanna from our room.

But, I liked our location because it was close to the elevator down to the pool and Victoria Falls lounge. :-)

4505 Location.png

4505 Location - Zoomed In.png

How fun to add a day, glad you were able to keep the same room. Love the pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

I'm glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed AKL :goodvibes.

Thanks! We told our kids the day before we were supposed to leave - and they were so excited. We did love AKL - and it worked out to do AK while we were there. It was so quick to get there.

That's the problem, he likes MK and the MK resorts lol. He likes fireworks from the beach, the monorail, we always eat at Ohanas twice etc.

That is the way we are. Our kids love MK and the MK resorts. They love the fireworks too - we also eat at Ohana at least once. But we do love the AKL restaurants and they enjoy AK. So it worked out to do AK while we were staying at AKL. If you don't mind a split stay then I would try AKL and then move to a MK resort.

HI Everyone, I'm new to this group and to Club Level but not to Disney World. I've been vacationing there since I was 3 and now I am sharing my favorite place with my boys, 8 and 4. This is our first time doing club level and we will be staying at the Grand Floridian. We are booked in the SugarLoaf building but I have heard that the building is closed for remodeling. I heard conflicting info about it reopening as early as today (August 24) and as late as October. Anyone have any information.

We are here right now. Not staying CL this trip but did inquire at check in. The building opened yesterday. They had some scaffolds out on the marina side doing some balcony touch ups, but that was it.

Here is our review of the AKL CL. We were met outside of the hotel by Jason from Cape Town South Africa. He was so friendly. He was also very funny and he bonded with our son. He brought us upstairs to check in and waited for us to be done and brought us down stairs to show us the way to our room. It was such an impressive way to start the 2 week vacation. We knew it would be a good stay.

We were in room 3591, a 2 bedroom suite which is on the main floor of the hotel. The lobby is on the 3rd floor. It was at the end of the Zebra trail on the Arusha Savanna. We did time the walk from the lobby to our room and it was 3 minutes. We do walk fast so it could be longer for those who walk slow. (It is a long hallway but with views of the savanna.) The suite has 2 ½ baths. The bathroom in the master bedroom is about the size of one room. It was huge with a private room with the toilet. The shower was so big. Plus there was a separate bath tub. In the main room there is a round table with 4 chairs and a kitchen area – with a sink, a Keurig machine, a microwave and a refrigerator with a separate freezer. This is big to us since we travel with a cooler and like to freeze our ice packs. The living room was next to the kitchen area. There is a porch off the living room that goes all the way to the master bedroom – this overlooks the side of the savanna – near where they move the animals from one savanna to the other. The master bedroom is off the living room with 2 doors that open into it. The master bedroom has a king bed with a dresser, TV and stand, chair and ottoman and a make-up area with a bench. The 2nd bedroom has two queen beds with a table and two chairs. That also has a porch off of it that looks out to the main savanna. We were in love with the suite.

On our second night there we were given a welcome dessert platter with zebra domes on it and a lovely note welcoming us. Again very impressive and it made us feel so welcome.

I had briefly reviewed that the breakfast was definitely more hectic than any other CL lounge. One morning we had to wait to get seats but not that long. The breakfast was wonderful as it alternated food from Boma breakfast. There was yogurt with toppings, oatmeal with toppings, cereal, Charcuterie (ham, pork, salami), hard boiled eggs, Bagels with lox, Peanut butter and 3 types of jams, cut up melons, grapes, strawberries, a big bowl of blueberries, cut up grapefruit, Guava Fan Danish, blueberry Danish muffins, and they switched off Turkey Bobotie, Corn Beef hash and biscuits and sausage gravy (The Bobotie and Hash are my favorite at Boma. Plus the Nespresso machine that makes espresso, cappuccino and iced coffees. So wonderful.

For snacks they had homemade potato chips, build your own safari snacks, assorted breads, humus, chutney, different types of dips, assorted whole fruits, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies and gummy bears.

For Hors d’oeuvres I will post pictures of what they serve each night. We ate there 3 of the 5 nights and everything was delicious. There were 2 chefs cooking some nights and they were friendly.

For desserts they had 3 types of cookies, apples with caramel, brownies with peanut butter, rice crispie treats and orange sesame cakes. For alcohol they had out Kahlua, Courvoisier, Grand Marnier, Amarula and wine.

We were all overly impressed by the level of service at the AKL. The CMs in the lounge were all so helpful and friendly. Our daughter painted our magic bands and all of them were so sweet to her to make her feel so good. Don was unbelievably friendly – we all gave him a hug when we were leaving. We will miss him. Such a wonderful man that loves his job.

The viewing of the animals was best from the side of the savanna – where they move the animals to the other savanna. Between 10am and 10:30am they would move the animals to the other savanna by ringing a bell. Most of the animals would be there waiting from 7am. It was wonderful viewing from the side of the savanna.

If I had to say one negative thing of the AKL is the main lobby is a little chaotic and loud. It is always very crowded. Although that will not stop us from staying there again. Truly a gem of a hotel. I will attach pictures of the room and of the food offerings.

King Bedroom and bathroom
unnamed.png
IMG_5756.JPG IMG_5757.JPG IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG IMG_5762.JPG

Last edited:
Here is our review of the AKL CL. We were met outside of the hotel by Jason from Cape Town South Africa. He was so friendly. He was also very funny and he bonded with our son. He brought us upstairs to check in and waited for us to be done and brought us down stairs to show us the way to our room. It was such an impressive way to start the 2 week vacation. We knew it would be a good stay.

We were in room 3591, a 2 bedroom suite which is on the main floor of the hotel. The lobby is on the 3rd floor. It was at the end of the Zebra trail on the Arusha Savanna. The suite has 2 ½ baths. The bathroom in the master bedroom is about the size of one room. It was huge with a private room with the toilet. The shower was so big. Plus there was a separate bath tub. In the main room there is a round table with 4 chairs and a kitchen area – with a sink, a Keurig machine, a microwave and a refrigerator with a separate freezer. This is big to us since we travel with a cooler and like to freeze our ice packs. The living room was next to the kitchen area. There is a porch off the living room that goes all the way to the master bedroom – this overlooks the side of the savanna – near where they move the animals from one savanna to the other. The master bedroom is off the living room with 2 doors that open into it. The master bedroom has a king bed with a dresser, TV and stand, chair and ottoman and a make-up area with a bench. The 2nd bedroom has two queen beds with a table and two chairs. That also has a porch off of it that looks out to the main savanna. We were in love with the suite.

On our second night there we were given a welcome dessert platter with zebra domes on it and a lovely note welcoming us. Again very impressive and it made us feel so welcome.

I had briefly reviewed that the breakfast was definitely more hectic than any other CL lounge. One morning we had to wait to get seats but not that long. The breakfast was wonderful as it alternated food from Boma breakfast. There was yogurt with toppings, oatmeal with toppings, cereal, Charulla (ham, pork, salami), Bagels with lox, Peanut butter and 3 types of jams, cut up melons, grapes, strawberries, a big bowl of blueberries, cut up grapefruit, Guava Fan Danish, blueberry Danish muffins, and they switched off Turkey Bobotie, Corn Beef hash and biscuits and sausage gravy (The Bobotie and Hash are my favorite at Boma. Plus the Nespresso machine that makes espresso, cappuccino and iced coffees. So wonderful.

For snacks they had homemade potato chips, build your own safari snacks, assorted breads, humus, chutney, different types of dips, assorted whole fruits, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies and gummy bears.

For Hors d’oeuvres I will post pictures of what they serve each night. We ate there 3 of the 5 nights and everything was delicious. There were 2 chefs cooking some nights and they were friendly.

For desserts they had 3 types of cookies, apples with caramel, brownies with peanut butter, rice crispie treats and orange sesame cakes. For alcohol they had out Kahlua, Courvoisier, Grand Marnier, Amarula and wine.

We were all overly impressed by the level of service at the AKL. The CMs in the lounge were all so helpful and friendly. Our daughter painted our magic bands and all of them were so sweet to her to make her feel so good. Don was unbelievably friendly – we all gave him a hug when we were leaving. We will miss him. Such a wonderful man that loves his job.

The viewing of the animals was best from the side of the savanna – where they move the animals to the other savanna. Between 10am and 10:30am they would move the animals to the other savanna by ringing a bell. Most of the animals would be there waiting from 7am. It was wonderful viewing from the side of the savanna.

If I had to say one negative thing of the AKL is the main lobby is a little chaotic and loud. It is always very crowded. Although that will not stop us from staying there again. Truly a gem of a hotel. I will attach pictures of the room and of the food offerings.

King Bedroom and bathroom

View attachment 345898 View attachment 345899 View attachment 345900

View attachment 345903 View attachment 345901

Thank you for sharing! I’m now even more excited about my own stay in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter