Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We did a split stay, BW and AKL last week. Both places you could get bottled water by request but it wasn't in the fridges! Just to add to the bottled water conversation...
Oh that's good! They didn't have water when we did BWI CL a few years ago. Maybe they will start having it. We usually bring a case but it's nice to grab instead of a soda. I'd rather have the slippers though. I'm really looking forward to the slippers lol!

Those are only available during lounge hours. They stock the fridge with coke and Diet Coke (and maybe sprite or another soft drink?) before they leave at 10, and when that’s gone it’s gone until am.
We stay cl, I like my tea at night. What I do is bring a few tea bags from home and head to the quick service in the resort and grab hot water. I always grab a few to go cups in cl for this.

The person you spoke to ad DSS doesn't work in the WL club lounge and likely has no idea what he is talking about. The WL club lounge has a fridge that includes, among other things, bottles of water. If I knew how to post pictures, I would post one from our trip there last summer.

At GF SL, they put it on the desk in the lounge. We didn't see any at AKL when we stayed there in 2016, and when we asked we were denied. But I read the other day that someone who recently stayed there received water when they asked. Since there information is more recent, I'd rely upon it.

In any event, when it comes to needing information about Disney club lounges, or anything really, your best source of information is right here. While there are some Disney CMs who are informed about what they speak, many of them are not. And it won't stop them from confidently answering your questions. By contrast, on these boards in general, and this one in specific, there's almost someone (GADad14 and Trishadono spring immediately to mind) who have been to that resort in the last month or so and can give you a correct answer.
I was reading your knowledgeable post and agreeing with what you were writing then to mysurprise you named me. Awe thanks .:flower1:

I just have a slight disney addiction lol and enjoy sharing my pix and experiences.

15 days out and I'm starting to second guess myself. I didn't make dinner adrs. Are the offerings at BW enough to fill you up for dinner? What do they have for kids? Just a little nervous as there aren't as many QS options available if we're still a little hungry.

Personally, DH and I can make breakfast and dinner in the lounge for sure. At least at BWI we do. We eat bigger lunch and plan to be back in the lounge for dinner, outside of a special even night of some sort.

We just returned from a short stay at the BW. It was only two nights, but it made a BIG impression! The food was amazing and it was very filling! The chef told me that with the hot hor d'oeuvres, they rotate each night between a sampling from the three restaurants downstairs: Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno and ESPN. Not sure if they've always done this or if it's new, or just something short term? Our first night was Flying Fish - I don't remember much about the fish but it was delicious, maybe tilapia? Also steak tips, fingerling potatoes and green beans - it seemed more like a meal than appetizers. Anyway, I'm not even much of a steak person and I thought they were unbelievable.
Always there, not new and not short term.
Redgie used to be a Flying Fish chef but he's now permanently assigned to the CL lounged at BWI, though he does still work in the kitchen down in FF some. BWI and AKL are the only 2 lounges that have food prepared in the lounge, as far as I know. Though the check at AKL is no where near are wonderful or personable as Redgie. He's become a dear friend of ours. I believe the other chefs that fill in on Redgie's days off do still work down in the restaurants.

And the fish was swordfish ;)

Personally, DH and I can make breakfast and dinner in the lounge for sure. At least at BWI we do. We eat bigger lunch and plan to be back in the lounge for dinner, outside of a special even night of some sort.

Thanks! That pretty much sounds like my plan. I figured we'd eat breakfast in the lounge. Eat a TS lunch for our bigger meal, then do the lounge for Dinner. My DH is not one to tolerate much QS, so I started second guessing my decision to not book dinner ADRs. We did AKL CL over the Summer, we ate from the lounge most nights but did supplement some from the Mara, but those food choices were a little less "safe", so kids and DH to some extent sometimes wanted a little more. After reading some of the replies about BWI CL, I feel much better about it :)

Always there, not new and not short term.
Redgie used to be a Flying Fish chef but he's now permanently assigned to the CL lounged at BWI, though he does still work in the kitchen down in FF some. BWI and AKL are the only 2 lounges that have food prepared in the lounge, as far as I know. Though the check at AKL is no where near are wonderful or personable as Redgie. He's become a dear friend of ours. I believe the other chefs that fill in on Redgie's days off do still work down in the restaurants.

And the fish was swordfish ;)
He was wonderful, and like you said, so personable. However the fish was definitely not swordfish that night - I worked in a seafood restaurant for many years that served swordfish and it's one of two types of seafood that I do not eat! My recollection was tilapia...

He was wonderful, and like you said, so personable. However the fish was definitely not swordfish that night - I worked in a seafood restaurant for many years that served swordfish and it's one of two types of seafood that I do not eat! My recollection was tilapia...
The night of the beef tips? Last weekend? That's when we were there too and that was swordfish, according to Redgie at least.

Thanks! That pretty much sounds like my plan. I figured we'd eat breakfast in the lounge. Eat a TS lunch for our bigger meal, then do the lounge for Dinner. My DH is not one to tolerate much QS, so I started second guessing my decision to not book dinner ADRs. We did AKL CL over the Summer, we ate from the lounge most nights but did supplement some from the Mara, but those food choices were a little less "safe", so kids and DH to some extent sometimes wanted a little more. After reading some of the replies about BWI CL, I feel much better about it :)
LOL.... I don't tolerate QS. And we don't book ADR. Got to remember, it doesn't take advanced booking to eat TS. Folks get so wrapped up thinking you have to make reservations months in advanced. We make reservations but minutes in advance, not months. We get hungry, open the app, find a reservation and book it. We just guess about how long it will take us to get somewhere. Like last Wednesday, we were at AK and wanted to head to Sanaa. We opened to app about 1:15 and found an ADR at Sanaa for 2:55 and headed over. Actually walked in about 2:45

I know some pages back it's been discussed about the status of Water/Boardwalk View CL rooms at BWI.
Well, I got a chance to have a conversation with the staff yesterday. We pulled out the rack rate sheet. Sure enough, there isn't a rack rate for Water/Boardwalk View CL either.
They have changed category designations at BWI
They all fall in the Standard category so basically there are just 2, 3 if you count the cottages, categories of CL rooms
Standard, 2 beds, may be any view
Deluxe, which has the sitting room and is not all on 4th floor
Cottages
The staff theory was there are so few Water/Boardwalk view rooms they went back to making them by request. They are not a bookable category now.

Anyone been to GF recently and have pics of Sugarloaf CL and their offerings? I just booked for 11/20-11/26 2018
Also, is it worth leaving all ADRs, etc. in the hands of the concierge services offered? Somehow trusting someone else to be as diligent and neurotic as I will be trying to secure them makes me worry we won't get what we want, LOL.

I know I remember a while back there were threads or posts about how the CL at Disney had went to . Well, anyway, it doesn't seem that way now, from what I read. Was all that true about Disney dropping the ball on CL? If so, it seems they rectified them selves.

Anyone been to GF recently and have pics of Sugarloaf CL and their offerings? I just booked for 11/20-11/26 2018
Also, is it worth leaving all ADRs, etc. in the hands of the concierge services offered? Somehow trusting someone else to be as diligent and neurotic as I will be trying to secure them makes me worry we won't get what we want, LOL.

These don’t qualify as recent since they are a year old, but in case helpful:

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Obviously things with all the CLs morph/change over time, but the comments and pics I’ve seen recently ‘generally’ appear to be somewhat consistent with our experience last year.

Not sure if you noticed the recent discussion but evidently SL is going through a big renovation this summer. I don’t think anyone knows yet if its rooms, lounge, or both?

As to ADRs, if you’re an uber-planner (diligent and neurotic, to use your words), I’d recommend doing them yourself. Probably just easier / simpler at the end of the day. :-)

One little known perk with them doing reservations is that in that first 24 hours or so of making reservations I was actually able to double book. (Club made Beaches n cream and I booked 1900 park fare at the same time). I'd have them do it. If there is really something you want you can try to do it on your own.

These don’t qualify as recent since they are a year old, but in case helpful:

GF SL April 2017 - Room

GF SL April 2017 - Food

Obviously things with all the CLs morph/change over time, but the comments and pics I’ve seen recently ‘generally’ appear to be somewhat consistent with our experience last year.

Not sure if you noticed the recent discussion but evidently SL is going through a big renovation this summer. I don’t think anyone knows yet if its rooms, lounge, or both?

As to ADRs, if you’re an uber-planner (diligent and neurotic, to use your words), I’d recommend doing them yourself. Probably just easier / simpler at the end of the day. :-)

Thanks- HUGE help!

9C71E156-50C4-4F0B-8808-DD30BC84051D.png 6E0B08AD-FA47-472C-8A28-DA3A5E4F812B.png
Here’s a couple courtyard views .

Wish I was as organized with my pix like gadad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter