Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

After researching more of the contemporary I'm starting to worry. I had no idea there isn't a dedicated club level floor. If they put us on the first floor going to the atrium club seems like a hassle.
I'm afraid I will regret my switch.
Anyone have any opinions?
The suites I had in the outer building was my choice , I knew I was out there. I needed space and they were sold out of suites in Tower cl 14th floor. As Gadad said atrium cl is 12th floor. Only access with your mb.

I have stayed there several times. It's so convenient that the lounge is only steps away really from any room and all on the same floor.

Try reading page one of this thread and CR thread. Page 1 always is the best condensed resource. Even after many stays I still go back because you forget something.:flower1:

Who assigns the rooms for WL CL? I have emailed Disney Signature Services with my WL CL room request - but i'm wondering if I need to also fax the lodge closer to our arrival date? Is my email to DSS sufficient?

The suites I had in the outer building was my choice , I knew I was out there. I needed space and they were sold out of suites in Tower cl 14th floor. As Gadad said atrium cl is 12th floor. Only access with your mb.

I have stayed there several times. It's so convenient that the lounge is only steps away really from any room and all on the same floor.

Try reading page one of this thread and CR thread. Page 1 always is the best condensed resource. Even after many stays I still go back because you forget something.:flower1:

Random memory but at one of my Atrium stays I witnessed a guest totally going ballistic on the CL desk CM about the distance they had to walk from the Garden Wing suites to Atrium Club. I don't really perceive it to be 'that far' but these folks were not happy campers at all. I'm assuming they just didn't understand the layout when booking? I guess I can understand - it's not that clear unless you do a bunch of research or have been there before. But anyway, as an accommodation they wanted trays of food and drinks brought to them in their room - by the CMs. I really wasn't being nosy but they were making quite the scene it was hard not to. :confused3

Who assigns the rooms for WL CL? I have emailed Disney Signature Services with my WL CL room request - but i'm wondering if I need to also fax the lodge closer to our arrival date? Is my email to DSS sufficient?

What @trishadono said.

Rooms are assigned by "room assignors," not DSS or CL CMs.

I have always done my room requests via DSS (or formerly IPO), I send them an e-mail. There are folks who swear by other methods such as the Touring Plans room fax thing, or faxing the resort yourself (if you can even still do that?), but in my opinion I don't think these are necessary.

FWIW, I had a bit of an issue with my Feb Poly room reservation and in working with the CL CM, what he read from his screen about my room request was verbatim with what I had e-mailed DSS months prior.

Good luck!

Will the food offerings be the same at the locations for the CL at GF? We can stay five nights at Sugar Loaf for $100 cheaper than four nights at Royal Palm. Trying to decide between the two?? Anyone care to chime in on their thoughts? I know in the main building you have the entire ambiance to think about but for another night and cheaper, I am trying to decide if it is worth it. How is the seating over at Sugar Loaf? Enough tables to not feel cramped?

I'm probably in the minority, but my choice would be one less night in RPC. I'm glad I tried SL, but I didn't care for it. I found the lounge small and chaotic with a cafeteria-like feeling (just my opinion). I didn't find the atmosphere very relaxing.

To me, it's worth it for the ambiance of the main building, the vibe, the smell, the larger lounge - even if that means a day shorter stay.

I agree. The atmosphere/ambiance of the main building is hard to beat, IMO.

Random memory but at one of my Atrium stays I witnessed a guest totally going ballistic on the CL desk CM about the distance they had to walk from the Garden Wing suites to Atrium Club. I don't really perceive it to be 'that far' but these folks were not happy campers at all. I'm assuming they just didn't understand the layout when booking? I guess I can understand - it's not that clear unless you do a bunch of research or have been there before. But anyway, as an accommodation they wanted trays of food and drinks brought to them in their room - by the CMs. I really wasn't being nosy but they were making quite the scene it was hard not to. :confused3
I think that's why I like cl so much, I compare it to my old value stays.

Dh or I would walk to the hotels QS and order the food and carry the meals for 4 on a tray allllllllllll the way back to the room. That was after waiting in a line to order then waiting in a line to pay. Hoping you get through the line and back to the room before the food gets cold!

So I didn't mind the walk at AKL cl or the walk from GV to atrium lounge . There was hot food and no lines:rotfl2:

Thank you so much. This does make me feel better. I started reading the contemporary page. So much information... I love it!!

Besides Room Requests and ADRs, what do you use Signature Services for?
So far, the FABULOUS CMs at DSS have 1) updated my DME reservation twice (THANKS United :headache:), 2) got tickets for the Star Wars Guided Tour literally the instant they opened on the date I wanted, 3) answered a couple of really ridiculous questions I had, and kept me posted frequently when the answers for those questions weren't immediately available. They've been wonderful!!! :love:

Hey guys! For those of you who booked a couple months ago, did you receive that Incredibles booklet regarding your upcoming trip? The one that has the awesome Dumbo card on the back with your important dates on it? I'm hoping they still send them! Thank you!

Hey guys! For those of you who booked a couple months ago, did you receive that Incredibles booklet regarding your upcoming trip? The one that has the awesome Dumbo card on the back with your important dates on it? I'm hoping they still send them! Thank you!

I did not for our trip in January.
I asked my TA about it and she said some are getting the materials by mail and some are not.

I also did not get my Disney thank you sketch after we got back home :(

I did not for our trip in January.
I asked my TA about it and she said some are getting the materials by mail and some are not.

I also did not get my Disney thank you sketch after we got back home :(

That stinks o_O I really enjoy getting them!!

I received a nice card in the mail from Disney Signature Services introducing themselves. I had not gotten around to emailing them, so I sent an email really early today. For those of you who have emailed - how long did it take to get a response?

I just got one of the books, not sure what was on the cover. The dates were on the back but not a picture of Dumbo, it had a picture of the castle.

I just got one of the books, not sure what was on the cover. The dates were on the back but not a picture of Dumbo, it had a picture of the castle.

Thanks so much! I just look forward to receiving them so I can hang the dates on the fridge! :daisy:

Are you park commandos that are on the go all of the time? Or do you enjoy your resort time?

Unless you're in the parks all of the time and really wouldn't be around to take advantage of RPC, I'm going to vote RPC. To me, it's worth it for the ambiance of the main building, the vibe, the smell, the larger lounge - even if that means a day shorter stay.

I always read that the food offerings are the same, so I assume they are. The "chef's station" that was out a few times at SL a few weeks ago was "trading off" days between SL and RPC, according to the chef.

Having now stayed both one factor that is top of my mind for me is the difference in rooms/views between the two. I'm not sure if there is really a bad room in RPC. You're up high (except for the 2nd floor TPV rooms), most of the view corridors are very attractive no matter which way you're facing, all of the standard rooms have a full balcony (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong). SL does have a few 'inferior' rooms that are less than ideal... various balcony types, some very large tree views, etc. Granted I did it to myself, but I was majorly stressed about my SL room and room requests. RPC was a breeze. I put a lot of value on the view/balcony experience, so this is an important factor for me.

Although on the other hand, the SL location is really fantastic being steps from the courtyard pool, the marina, boat dock, Gaspy's, etc. It made for an 'easier' daily flow for us.

I found the SL lounge a bit busy at times. We never didn't have a table, but sometimes it was close. Although that can happen at any CL during peak rush hours to some extent.

All of that being said, I booked SL for this last trip because the price was right. I just couldn't pull myself to pay RPC prices!

Tough decission for sure, several pros/cons. Let us know what you decide! :thumbsup2

Well after all the back and forth between the two at GF, we booked at AKL and then moved over to WL. Between my girls and myself we cannot make up our minds but we are set now!! We have stayed at WL CL before and we did love it. Someday we will land at GF but I guess it was not meant to be. We had a great deal over at AKL but we are staying there for several nights (not CL) with our DVC points so my girls wanted something different this time. We have SSR for the last part of our trip this time so they wanted to be close to MK and decided on WL. I am just hoping with the continued construction it will be a good thing. Not having the lobby elevator seems a bit bothersome but maybe not??

Owning DVC, it is hard to justify these splurge nights at the beginning or end of our DVC stays so we tend to be picky and change our minds several times! :rotfl2:That is what ya get with three girls deciding!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter