Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know your post is a few days old, sorry for the slow response. That's like the ultimate split stay - coast to coast!

I don't have any material BC CL experience, just one night there last July. I'd post pics of the evening apps but they are probably outdated at this point. FWIW, I was blown away with the variety and quality of the offerings there. Everything was very good. It's hard to judge from just one day, but it was arguably the #1 CL food I have had in the last year. Maybe tied with WL CL.

When it comes to menus, I don't really see published "menus" these days. I think maybe when I first started staying CL I'd see menus, but it's been awhile - at least for the CL's I've been to recently. WL had the daily menu out on the wall each morning in November, but you couldn't get it in advance. That's the only place I've seen something like that recently. Offerings tend to change over time, I imagine keeping an accurate menu is close to impossible.

Also, I don't have experience with dietary restrictions but I often read about people having good experiences with CL and special diets. I also often see people receiving specially prepared / wrapped items from the "back" - presumably arranged in advance. If you haven't already, I would contact the resort/dining services so you can discuss your needs in advance. I assume they will do what they can to accommodate. Again, I don't have direct experience - just going by what I read and see. Sorry if you already know all of that!

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for responding! I did contact them and they said they would have options available. I was just curious as to what they might be. I guess it will be a nice Disney surprise. :) I miss the menus because I do like to be prepared.

Thanks!!

After researching more of the contemporary I'm starting to worry. I had no idea there isn't a dedicated club level floor. If they put us on the first floor going to the atrium club seems like a hassle.
I'm afraid I will regret my switch.
Anyone have any opinions?

After researching more of the contemporary I'm starting to worry. I had no idea there isn't a dedicated club level floor. If they put us on the first floor going to the atrium club seems like a hassle.
I'm afraid I will regret my switch.
Anyone have any opinions?

Not sure where you're seeing that information but that's incorrect. Both CL options - Atrium Club or Tower Club - have their own dedicated floor. Atrium is on 12, Tower is on 14.

If you book an Atrium Club room, you will absolutely be on the 12th floor, without question.

We are booked for YC club level for the end of July. I have 2 questions. I know YC has some refurbishment going on, but I understand that the club level floor (5?) and the one under it are already complete so hoping it isn't disruptive to us. Is that correct?

Also, we have a standard view and I haven't put anything down for room preferences. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Not sure where you're seeing that information but that's incorrect. Both CL options - Atrium Club or Tower Club - have their own dedicated floor. Atrium is on 12, Tower is on 14.

If you book an Atrium Club room, you will absolutely be on the 12th floor, without question.
Thank you. I thought I read on disboards that someone was club level on the 3rd floor and had to go up and down 9 floors to the lounge.
I'm glad to find out I will be on the same floor as the lounge

Thank you. I thought I read on disboards that someone was club level on the 3rd floor and had to go up and down 9 floors to the lounge.

That would not be the norm if in fact true. It's possible that particular person was given access as an upgrade or as an accomodation for something that went wrong, but I suspect that would be a relatively isolated situation.

We are booked for YC club level for the end of July. I have 2 questions. I know YC has some refurbishment going on, but I understand that the club level floor (5?) and the one under it are already complete so hoping it isn't disruptive to us. Is that correct?

Also, we have a standard view and I haven't put anything down for room preferences. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
According to recent visitors, they're now working on the 3rd floor. As for room preferences, I put close to elevators for this and the previous stay since the lounge is next to them. And, frankly, our SV overlooked the front entrance, bus area, and trees and pond beyond that, and was really quite pleasant!

That would not be the norm if in fact true. It's possible that particular person was given access as an upgrade or as an accomodation for something that went wrong, but I suspect that would be a relatively isolated situation.
Thanks. I'm glad I asked

Actually the main building of CR starts on floor 5. What ever floor is above main concourse shops and monorail floor.

There is a 3rd floor in the outer garden wing. They do have suites with cl access there. I stayed in the hospitality suite once. You have to leave the garden building and then enter ground floor or up stairs to the 2nd of the main building and then make your way to the elevator. That may be what you saw.

So many things on each hotel lol!

We haven't stayed in the magic kingdom area since the kids were little. I'm pretty excited

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Post more pictures....I'm living vicariously:yay:

::yes::

You have just made me so excited for our September trip, 6 nights in a king room at CR Tower Club. We had previously stayed 1 night and it was not nearly enough time to soak it all in!! Thanks so much for all the pics!!

Hope you have a great time :).

Actually the main building of CR starts on floor 5. What ever floor is above main concourse shops and monorail floor.

There is a 3rd floor in the outer garden wing. They do have suites with cl access there. I stayed in the hospitality suite once. You have to leave the garden building and then enter ground floor or up stairs to the 2nd of the main building and then make your way to the elevator. That may be what you saw.

So many things on each hotel lol!
Oh ok. This could have been the case. I don't know much about the Contemporary. I've only been through there on the monorail.
Thank you for your clarification.

Will the food offerings be the same at the locations for the CL at GF? We can stay five nights at Sugar Loaf for $100 cheaper than four nights at Royal Palm. Trying to decide between the two?? Anyone care to chime in on their thoughts? I know in the main building you have the entire ambiance to think about but for another night and cheaper, I am trying to decide if it is worth it. How is the seating over at Sugar Loaf? Enough tables to not feel cramped?

Will the food offerings be the same at the locations for the CL at GF? We can stay five nights at Sugar Loaf for $100 cheaper than four nights at Royal Palm. Trying to decide between the two?? Anyone care to chime in on their thoughts? I know in the main building you have the entire ambiance to think about but for another night and cheaper, I am trying to decide if it is worth it. How is the seating over at Sugar Loaf? Enough tables to not feel cramped?

Are you park commandos that are on the go all of the time? Or do you enjoy your resort time?

Unless you're in the parks all of the time and really wouldn't be around to take advantage of RPC, I'm going to vote RPC. To me, it's worth it for the ambiance of the main building, the vibe, the smell, the larger lounge - even if that means a day shorter stay.

I always read that the food offerings are the same, so I assume they are. The "chef's station" that was out a few times at SL a few weeks ago was "trading off" days between SL and RPC, according to the chef.

Having now stayed both one factor that is top of my mind for me is the difference in rooms/views between the two. I'm not sure if there is really a bad room in RPC. You're up high (except for the 2nd floor TPV rooms), most of the view corridors are very attractive no matter which way you're facing, all of the standard rooms have a full balcony (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong). SL does have a few 'inferior' rooms that are less than ideal... various balcony types, some very large tree views, etc. Granted I did it to myself, but I was majorly stressed about my SL room and room requests. RPC was a breeze. I put a lot of value on the view/balcony experience, so this is an important factor for me.

Although on the other hand, the SL location is really fantastic being steps from the courtyard pool, the marina, boat dock, Gaspy's, etc. It made for an 'easier' daily flow for us.

I found the SL lounge a bit busy at times. We never didn't have a table, but sometimes it was close. Although that can happen at any CL during peak rush hours to some extent.

All of that being said, I booked SL for this last trip because the price was right. I just couldn't pull myself to pay RPC prices!

Tough decission for sure, several pros/cons. Let us know what you decide! :thumbsup2

Oh nice you will get to meet MOM hopefully. I was planning on heading to WL to see the tree. It wasn't up in 2015.

FYI today there is 9%off ebates and 15%off hotels with TRAVELBUG if needed.

YAY!!!!

Oh Lys is really going to want to come for the weekend now! She always enjoys all your disney stories and pix!
Fantastic! I would love to meet your mom, and hope Lys jumps on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter