Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have a similar bucket list. We have done: gf rpc (both versions deluxe king and std)and sl (all 3 std marina, courtyard and deluxe room), CR atrium and hospitality suite, Poly all 3 categories ( gv, lv, tpv) bc, wl, akl.

Need bwi, yc, and CR tower, poly tonga.

Neither my dh or dd like boardwalk area but I have some disfriends that go there often so maybe a ladies trip to get those. @BlueSkies , @Dispro1 , @pas130
DISgirls trip :grouphug:

Reading the posts maybe I should've booked CL at Poly. I'll have to just see what CR Atrium Club is all about.

It is a mixed bag. I'm only pro(ish)-level on Grand Californian's club level but I've picked up bits and pieces about the others from the boards.

Thanks for your post. We've never been to DL but are considering a trip to CA next year, so this is very helpful :).

View attachment 224260 View attachment 224261 I can speak a little more about PPH CL, I think he covered GCH and DLH CL. The best part of PPH CL, is the room view, talk about a park view room. Sorry the pictures are not the best but I laugh my butt off whenever anyone says they are paying more for a theme park view at WDW, no PPH has TPV no other place does. The lounge is great, very quiet. It is on the second floor. Since you will probably be the only one there, we were everyday we went for 8 days, you can make yourself at home. They went out of there way with soda and water and juices for the park. They refilled your wine glass very quickly. The breakfast was plentiful, the snacks were great and they had plenty of appetizers out. They staff was helpful. I will say they have lower floor rooms also, they are down off the roof top pool area, and those rooms all have a private deck out onto the pool. So where no other Disney rooms are different for concierge, PPH is, the rooms upstairs face the TPV and those on the roof top have a private deck out onto the pool area. But best of all, every time we get club level at PPH, we only pay $13 more than a standard room, you need an AP and then wait for the discount, when it happeNs, the club rooms cost only $13 more, now that is the best bargain at Disney, we had them 4 years in a row for that price.

Adorable pics! Thanks for posting your experience/opinion :).

I have the feeling any CL would be a treat beyond just the treat of being at WDW.

I agree ;).

Ok this is how I want our bathroom remodeled to look! We are going to do it this summer, so I'm showing DH the pics!
pictures posted above by @trishadono - thank you!
img_9035-jpg.224351
img_9036-jpg.224353
img_9037-jpg.224354
img_9038-jpg.224355

Yeah I agree. The whole vibe did seem a bit over-watchful about alcohol in general. We spoke to some of the CMs about it and one of the things we heard a lot was that in many ways it was a space-saving thing more than a being-stingy-about-alcohol thing. AKL has SO many food options that they don't have a ton of extra space left over to set out multiple bottles of wine, cordials, etc. They also do several specialty drinks that other CLs don't do, such as their Jungle juice mimosas and two kinds of sangria. Their nightly chef setup took up a lot of additional space too. We didn't mind too much asking for drinks, but like y'all we did hate that we couldn't take an unopened bottle of beer to our room. It's simply too far of a trek from the 4th to 6th floors to make that feasible all the time.

I will say, though, that the only CLs where we've been given UNOPENED beer to take to our room are CR Tower Club and Poly Tonga Suites. Poly's Hawaii building opened them before giving them to us. So did YC, BWI, and WL. We've specifically requested unopened ones at each CL just to kinda "test" them. Everyone but the two I mentioned said they couldn't do it. I guess RPC is the third that will allow it.

I really wish AKL hadn't given away the 5th and 6th floor to DVC. The walk to the lounge from the 4th floor is cumbersome. It cheapens the entire CL experience in my opinion, having CL rooms located on 4 and condos located closer to the CL lounge. I dunno. That was our #1 complaint about AKL CL. Overall, though, I still put it as #2 on my list of CLs because of all the great things there. YC comes in at a ridiculously-close #3. CR Tower Club #1 by 100+ miles (haha).

We've not stayed RPC or at GF in general. We've avoided it but know we'll probably have to stay there at some point simply so we can experience all the CLs on property. We've had some bad experiences with ultra rude CMs at GF and it rubbed us the wrong way. Hopefully when we do stay there in the future they'll redeem themselves though. We love the dining options at GF so we'll bite the bullet someday!
Inconsistent CL experiences is my biggest gripe about Disney CL. We have stayed many times at the BWI CL, the last being in Dec. and we have never had a problem taking unopened beers back to our room to enjoy later.

@Ewoks...thanks for the great pics of the YC refurb; it looks beautiful! Do you happen to know if the YC CL is serving the evening apps with the Chef "action stations"? We enjoyed our time at the BWI CL when the Chef was out nightly...he really "worked the room" and loved discussing the dishes and/or anything food related. (And the Eggs Benedict Station Sunday morning was just icing on the cake!)

Thank you @trishadono for the AMAZING photos!!! It looks so nice!!!

Reading the posts maybe I should've booked CL at Poly. I'll have to just see what CR Atrium Club is all about.

Between the two, CR wins by leaps and bounds IMO. Poly was my least favorite CL on property. CR the favorite by a mile. Of course, you'll hear plenty of experiences to the contrary as well as those that hate both, so take that with a grain of salt! I think you'll be in for a treat at CR.

@Ewoks...thanks for the great pics of the YC refurb; it looks beautiful! Do you happen to know if the YC CL is serving the evening apps with the Chef "action stations"? We enjoyed our time at the BWI CL when the Chef was out nightly...he really "worked the room" and loved discussing the dishes and/or anything food related. (And the Eggs Benedict Station Sunday morning was just icing on the cake!)

Yes we also loved that aspect of BWI CL — especially that Bloody Mary station! Sunday morning breakfast at YC wasn't as elaborate. It was the same style as other mornings. They did, however, have the chef in the evenings walking around and talking to guests. He was great and the food was as good as BWI.

Inconsistent CL experiences is my biggest gripe about Disney CL. We have stayed many times at the BWI CL, the last being in Dec. and we have never had a problem taking unopened beers back to our room to enjoy later.

Very true. What ticked us off most was that we were in the garden cottages, so it wasn't like we were even on the same floor as the lounge let alone within decent walking distance. Why on earth couldn't we keep a beer or two unopened in our fridge?! :confused3

Thank you @trishadono for the AMAZING photos!!! It looks so nice!!!

Between the two, CR wins by leaps and bounds IMO. Poly was my least favorite CL on property. CR the favorite by a mile. Of course, you'll hear plenty of experiences to the contrary as well as those that hate both, so take that with a grain of salt! I think you'll be in for a treat at CR.

Yes we also loved that aspect of BWI CL — especially that Bloody Mary station! Sunday morning breakfast at YC wasn't as elaborate. It was the same style as other mornings. They did, however, have the chef in the evenings walking around and talking to guests. He was great and the food was as good as BWI.

For me, I use the term as a joke, I mean nothing negative by it. In fact, many CL CM's I've encountered go out of their way to make sure you're well served (both food and drink), offering to go cups, encouraging you to ask for more, beers for the room, etc. Not all CMs are like that, but many are.

The setup at the ones where they serve you does make me chuckle a bit. At RPC they have the evening drinks out sort of in the middle of the lounge in a spot that could easily be self serve. When I was there last Feb the CM would stand there for most, but not all of the time. She hadn't been at her "station" for awhile and I wanted another beer. I went up, started to grab one, and she came out of nowhere in full sprint from the other side of lounge to stop me. She was nice about it and all and we shared a laugh, it was just funny situation.

I haven't been to AKL CL which seems to have a bit of a different overall vibe about it based on some posts above?

That's my take! Hope that helps!

This is exactly how I feel about the "alcohol guards!" I would have no problem if they stood there continuously making clear they are pouring. It's the times when they come out at you and say "I'll get that" as if I was about to pour the whole bottle. And it's super uncomfortable when you've seen a few people pour their own and then they are coming to pour for you!

We've stayed CL at all the deluxe resorts except YC (stayed there, but in a regular room) and multiple times in Poly, BC and BWI CLs. In our experience, the WL CMs were the most outgoing in terms of offering to get stuff. I would have said BWI and WL are tied for this, but during our last stay, the BWI lounge was crazy overcrowded and the CMs were way swamped. Some by the sheer volume of guests and others by handling poor guest behavior. :(

I was running the marathon and missed the bloody mary station!! Boo! My family said the sunday morning breakfast at BWI was awesome.

I appreciate the heads up on the YC chef. I'll prepare our kids - they felt there was too much of a hard sell at BWI on the evening appetizers, they didn't want to eat that heavily before dinner ADRs, and the table took up a lot of space in an already overly crowded lounge. We'd love to pay less for our CL room and go back to the light appetizers in the lounge before dinner! But it's clear the new evening appetizer selection is way popular, so probably not going to happen.

Last edited:
Happy to help!! We loved trying the new CLs. We've been taking lots of photos on our last few trips cause we are starting a blog, so it made sense to share everything here first! Only BC and both GF SL and RPC to go and we'll have tried them all! :flower1:

Ewoks, I would love to follow your blog!! I try to follow all the disney blogs I can...:cool1:

DisneyDad, what is it like at the Poly as far as getting beer and wine in the evening? And actually earlier in the day as some in the group like an afternoon beer or two!

Beer is in the fridge starting during afternoon service. To-go cups and bottle opener are next to the fridge. Always serve yourself! This was a change from the prior setup where it was by request during the day and self-service during evening apps. New setup is way better.

I am not sure if wine was out starting mid-day too or just starting during evening apps, but I think it was out most of the day. I'm just not sure though.

At my Jan stay at Poly Cl, like GAdad said, it was out all day except breakfast. In my experience there, the CM were walking around refilling wine glasses as well as the self serve station.

At our past BWI CL stay last year, I do remember one CM running towards me as I went to pour myself a glass. :thumbsup2 She seemed more concerned about serving me than controlling my intake...lol She was actually walking around all evening giving refills.....Not that we were in the lounge all evening:rotfl2: . I had a similiar experience at YC as well.

Hi! We will be staying CL at BC 5/6/17-5/14/17 for the first time. A friend of ours who has been there CL told us that not all CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge? Is this true? Do I need to request to be on the same floor as the lounge? We have a standard view.
Thanks!

Hi! We will be staying CL at BC 5/6/17-5/14/17 for the first time. A friend of ours who has been there CL told us that not all CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge? Is this true? Do I need to request to be on the same floor as the lounge? We have a standard view.
Thanks!

Unless something has changed, all regular CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge. There are some CL Deluxe rooms that are on different floors, but a regular standard view CL room should be on the same floor as the lounge. If something has changed with the recent refurb, hopefully others will post the information.

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or on the GF post. I am wondering a few things about my up coming stay, first GF CL, the BRV, then WL CL.

I wonder mostly about GF CL. We decided to get married, probably at SOG, so we booked GF CL main building, standard room. I'm not sure if I should do early check in, or not, my window came open a few days ago.

First I have been to all deluxe, most except BC I love, will never go BC again and we were CL. We have been to most moderates and will never do POR again. Mostly due to me being blind and them both BC and POR unable to understand needs I have. CR, was the best ever and they CL was great. BRV, POFQ, poly, WL all spectacular.

Maybe just nerves from getting married, but I am nervous now about the stay at GF CL. Usually I have one of my kids with me, not this trip, and if I go alone, I go to a place I know. So I am relying on someone who has not been the best guide, of course I'll have my dog though.

So some of my concerns, is the layout, the hotel is not layer out like most and will it be confusing if you closed your eyes would it be easy or hard to find your way around. Actually I'm afraid of being upgraded, I know most people want it, but from what little I can find, I don't want to memorize a pathway to standard rooms and then get upgraded. I can't from maps find the best area to tell them to put me, we will be in this over the top resort, my dog has never potties, but I also have not been placed on fourth floor with elevator and a lobby I need to get her thru at 5 am when she needs to go, (except for the BC and that was one of the many many many problems we had, not the buggiest but just one more to add to the mix of a very very bad resort experiencE). Then I'm like should I just upgrade, then I will know better what we will get, or should I just leave it and hope for the best.

My usual request that have never except at BC gone unanswered was a straight line to the room with no obsticles in the way, not meaning no turns, but no fences with gates, no trees, no hidden elevators you have to find behind stair cases. I tell them it can be the last room on property as long as there are not 15 obsticles in the way. I usually ask for near the elevator and bottom floor. It seems like none of these will be what I will need near GF. So what would you ask for, remember close your eyes and envision getting to that room, or better yet getting a dog out of that room and potty without an accident, which has never happened but I don't want the gf to be the first time it does.

I'm not sure if I should ask this here or on the GF post. I am wondering a few things about my up coming stay, first GF CL, the BRV, then WL CL.

I wonder mostly about GF CL. We decided to get married, probably at SOG, so we booked GF CL main building, standard room. I'm not sure if I should do early check in, or not, my window came open a few days ago.

First I have been to all deluxe, most except BC I love, will never go BC again and we were CL. We have been to most moderates and will never do POR again. Mostly due to me being blind and them both BC and POR unable to understand needs I have. CR, was the best ever and they CL was great. BRV, POFQ, poly, WL all spectacular.

Maybe just nerves from getting married, but I am nervous now about the stay at GF CL. Usually I have one of my kids with me, not this trip, and if I go alone, I go to a place I know. So I am relying on someone who has not been the best guide, of course I'll have my dog though.

So some of my concerns, is the layout, the hotel is not layer out like most and will it be confusing if you closed your eyes would it be easy or hard to find your way around. Actually I'm afraid of being upgraded, I know most people want it, but from what little I can find, I don't want to memorize a pathway to standard rooms and then get upgraded. I can't from maps find the best area to tell them to put me, we will be in this over the top resort, my dog has never potties, but I also have not been placed on fourth floor with elevator and a lobby I need to get her thru at 5 am when she needs to go, (except for the BC and that was one of the many many many problems we had, not the buggiest but just one more to add to the mix of a very very bad resort experiencE). Then I'm like should I just upgrade, then I will know better what we will get, or should I just leave it and hope for the best.

My usual request that have never except at BC gone unanswered was a straight line to the room with no obsticles in the way, not meaning no turns, but no fences with gates, no trees, no hidden elevators you have to find behind stair cases. I tell them it can be the last room on property as long as there are not 15 obsticles in the way. I usually ask for near the elevator and bottom floor. It seems like none of these will be what I will need near GF. So what would you ask for, remember close your eyes and envision getting to that room, or better yet getting a dog out of that room and potty without an accident, which has never happened but I don't want the gf to be the first time it does.
I would call the new DSS and explain all you told us. I really think they would try to help. They can put your room request in . I would still do online check in because that way you will get notified when room is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter