Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

For those that waited for DSS to contact you, how far ahead of the 180 day window did they do so? Or did you have to contact them?

They were still in transition at my 180 mark. I'm at 106 and haven't been contacted. If I required their assistance I would have called as soon as I knew they were up and running. I have everything done except moving a pesky Sci-Fi ADR to an earlier time.

Not really needing to call them for anything - just hoping @ our 180 day mark the dining system isn't wonky like its been otherwise I'll be in panic mode. Not sure if I should call then if a problem arises or call in advance to give them my list and if I can't make my ADRs, hopefully they can.

Not really needing to call them for anything - just hoping @ our 180 day mark the dining system isn't wonky like its been otherwise I'll be in panic mode. Not sure if I should call then if a problem arises or call in advance to give them my list and if I can't make my ADRs, hopefully they can.

I used IPO for ADRs years ago and they got everything done for me. Saying that, I have a hard time handing over the reins and with how crazy it has gotten I feel better logging on as soon as I can, instead of relying on them during their business hours. If you're waffling, it sounds like you'd have more peace of mind handling it yourself and then requesting further help, later.

For those that waited for DSS to contact you, how far ahead of the 180 day window did they do so? Or did you have to contact them?

I got a call this past week for my September trip, which I think may be close to 180 days out. They weren't calling about the two other trips I have booked before that one, so who knows the logic of what pops up on their screen!

We just returned from our first club stay. We stayed at AKL in a 2 bedroom suite (not DVC). The room itself was lovely but the 3rd bathroom was only a half bath. We have been spoiled by the 3 full bathrooms in DVC villas! We have a wonderful view of all the animals but the hike to get to our suite was daunting. The suites are located under the thatched roof lines which are at the very end of the buildings. This made going to the Club lounge a true hike. I wish the club lounge was nearer to the suites.

The club level lounge itself was delightful. It was well staffed and the foods and beverages were quite nice. We spent two non-park days just enjoying the lounge. It was busy but we were always able to find a table or move some chairs around to accommodate our family of 9.

We found that if you were present at the start of each service that your choices of foods were better. We arrived in the lounge on the second evening after the desserts were set out and the choices were slim.

There are high chairs in the lounge area but none for the suites. Thank goodness we brought one from home. We were able to get a full size crib brought up to the suite.

If you are going to plans meals I would suggest doing late lunches instead of dinners. The hot appetizer soups and dishes were great and for us could easily have made a nice little meal, where as the snacks provided in the afternoons were not in any way meal worthy unless you can get by on chips and gummy bears for a meal...LOL!

We did use the desk staff there to get us a last minute ADR at Beaches and Cream. That was a nice perk.

I also made up a gift basket of things from all of our family's home states or towns. That basket was much appreciated and the contents were quickly split up among the staff. The front desk was always staffed by 2 cast members and there were at least 4-5 cast members in the food area.

I got a call this past week for my September trip, which I think may be close to 180 days out. They weren't calling about the two other trips I have booked before that one, so who knows the logic of what pops up on their screen!

We're still a month out, will wait 2 more weeks and then call just to say "hi" and get on the radar! :)

Another vote for flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt. We have been there in the past year and it was not at all run down at all...I do believe it has been update in the last year or two. We get up early have breakfast and are at WDE by 9 well rested and ready to start our day.

OMG I just reread my post...this is what happens when I try to post on my phone. :eek::lmao:

We just returned from our first club stay. We stayed at AKL in a 2 bedroom suite (not DVC). The room itself was lovely but the 3rd bathroom was only a half bath. We have been spoiled by the 3 full bathrooms in DVC villas! We have a wonderful view of all the animals but the hike to get to our suite was daunting. The suites are located under the thatched roof lines which are at the very end of the buildings. This made going to the Club lounge a true hike. I wish the club lounge was nearer to the suites.

The club level lounge itself was delightful. It was well staffed and the foods and beverages were quite nice. We spent two non-park days just enjoying the lounge. It was busy but we were always able to find a table or move some chairs around to accommodate our family of 9.

We found that if you were present at the start of each service that your choices of foods were better. We arrived in the lounge on the second evening after the desserts were set out and the choices were slim.

There are high chairs in the lounge area but none for the suites. Thank goodness we brought one from home. We were able to get a full size crib brought up to the suite.

If you are going to plans meals I would suggest doing late lunches instead of dinners. The hot appetizer soups and dishes were great and for us could easily have made a nice little meal, where as the snacks provided in the afternoons were not in any way meal worthy unless you can get by on chips and gummy bears for a meal...LOL!

We did use the desk staff there to get us a last minute ADR at Beaches and Cream. That was a nice perk.

I also made up a gift basket of things from all of our family's home states or towns. That basket was much appreciated and the contents were quickly split up among the staff. The front desk was always staffed by 2 cast members and there were at least 4-5 cast members in the food area.

Thanks for your review. Hope you had a great trip :).

I'll be the contrarian about the MCO Hyatt. We did the later flight/spend the night there thing in November and I'll likely never do that again unless travel dictated getting there super later. My observation
- One of the worst hotel rooms I have stayed at in years! I thought it was rundown, A/C didn't work that well, beds were not comfy, decor relatively dark. We had a junior suite for extra space and it's one of the most awkward room configurations I've ever seen. The whole place seemed a bit dated. I assume there are better room options than what we had given the other comments here.

- We arrived around 7ish. I had booked the night at the Hyatt because it was materially cheaper than a night at Disney. But once I got there I just wanted to get to Disney! I was like, "I'm a 30 minute drive from watching Wishes tonight" but I'm stuck here in this airport! I guess this sounds spoiled but once I land, I just want to get on property!

Obviously very subjective, but if I had to do it again I'd just go straight to Disney.

We only stay at the Hyatt if we get in after 9 PM. We book a mod if after 4 PM, I can't justify the crazy rates if getting in after 4. This year we are arriving on a Friday afternoon and staying at the Hyatt Grand Cypress until Sunday to avoid the weekend upcharge.

I thought about adding another day to Disney but the Hyatt for me was basically free (Cash+Points so $60). So my only other reasonable choice would be a value resort which would run $150+ and then I would need to move rooms after the first night.

Theoretically I could broaden my search around Orlando since I have hotel points with SPG, Marriott and Hyatt but I don't know how useful it would be to leave the airport head to a hotel somewhere then go to disney the next morning.

I was also going to suggest the Swan with your SPG points...we love it there, but I see you responded to that. We don't find it hard to change resorts, but it is just two of us not trying to do it with kids.

Evening all from London. Do the CL IPO's still email? I'm booked at the Poly CL for mid July, so well in my 180 days, but haven't heard diddly squat. Last year we stayed CL at GF and we got an email asking if they could do anything. I'm a sort it out myself kinda guy, but was just wondering if this is new standard practice?

I have two CL ressies in May and have not heard anything from DSS. It seems to be hit or miss, I would suggest that you email them.

I'll be the contrarian about the MCO Hyatt. We did the later flight/spend the night there thing in November and I'll likely never do that again unless travel dictated getting there super later. My observations...

- One of the worst hotel rooms I have stayed at in years! I thought it was rundown, A/C didn't work that well, beds were not comfy, decor relatively dark. We had a junior suite for extra space and it's one of the most awkward room configurations I've ever seen. The whole place seemed a bit dated. I assume there are better room options than what we had given the other comments here.

- We arrived around 7ish. I had booked the night at the Hyatt because it was materially cheaper than a night at Disney. But once I got there I just wanted to get to Disney! I was like, "I'm a 30 minute drive from watching Wishes tonight" but I'm stuck here in this airport! I guess this sounds spoiled but once I land, I just want to get on property!

Obviously very subjective, but if I had to do it again I'd just go straight to Disney.
Sorry your room wasn't good, we got super lucky I guess....or were super tired lol!

I thought about adding another day to Disney but the Hyatt for me was basically free (Cash+Points so $60). So my only other reasonable choice would be a value resort which would run $150+ and then I would need to move rooms after the first night.

Theoretically I could broaden my search around Orlando since I have hotel points with SPG, Marriott and Hyatt but I don't know how useful it would be to leave the airport head to a hotel somewhere then go to disney the next morning.
I would vote for the value over off-site, for the inclusion of Magical Express, I just love the Disney bus :)

Unfortunately Swan and Dolphin are both booked but my wife has decided to overrule my decision and she said we are going to book a night at Pop for $169. The kids want to see the Cars stuff at Art of Animation and now I wont have to make a special trip.
Fun!!!!

We only stay at the Hyatt if we get in after 9 PM. We book a mod if after 4 PM, I can't justify the crazy rates if getting in after 4. This year we are arriving on a Friday afternoon and staying at the Hyatt Grand Cypress until Sunday to avoid the weekend upcharge.

I have two CL ressies in May and have not heard anything from DSS. It seems to be hit or miss, I would suggest that you email them.
I haven't hear either, but I don't have any requests....
We booked the Hyatt for a 11pm arrival at MCO, after being super delayed it was well worth it for us as well!

I have a question about the new DSS sevice. Last time we did not use the IPO for anything so I'm all new. Can I email them a room request (my only request is I would like to be inside the Innkeepers doors...no guarantees, I know)? And let them know we are celebrating a couple of things? Can I do this even if I went through a travel agent?

So excited!!! I have been lurking along on this thread for a while, but can finally announce we are WL CL for the first week of Sept!! I was going to just book a courtyard view and upgrade if there was a discount, but at the last minute decided, it will be worth it just to book what I actually want. Plus it helps DH cope with doing a big family trip that is my idea. This will be our third stay WL CL, there but first since 2008! We tried AOA last year because our DD is a big Cars fan. I loved the decor and the room but the mass of humanity was too much. The resort never felt relaxing.

I am curious if you are paid in full at 180 are you more likely to be contacted? I am not expecting to have trouble with ADRs because as of now there is no free dining. I still plan on booking at 180 myself. What do you all think? Not knowing how Avatar and River of Lights are going to impact AK, makes planning tricky.

Thanks! I'm extremely excited, we stayed at AKL (our first Deluxe) last year and knew we had to stay there again this year. I don't think we can go back from Deluxe now that we've stayed at one, thinking about the Poly for 2018!

The truth is..there's no going back....lol...

Another vote for flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt. We have been there in the past year and it was not at all run down at all...I do believe it has been update in the last year or two. We get up early have breakfast and are at WDW by 9 well rested and ready to start our day.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 sounds like a good plan!

IPO has been replaced with a new service called Disney Signature Services, which is basically the same as IPO it's just a centralized contact point for all CL guests. This is a recent change. They have been reaching out (via phone) to some folks with upcoming reservations, but not everyone has been getting calls. Doesn't look like any unsolicited e-mail outreach yet, like they used to do.

You can e-mail them at: disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Just include your reservation number in the e-mail.

My brief interactions with them via e-mail and phone so far have been really good. I like the new setup.

Hope that helps!

Good to hear..that's two positive reviews....:goodvibes..I was always a fan of the former IPO services...so this is really very reassuring...

Just a note to share that I'm a big fan of the new DSS service. They reply by email much faster than IPO used to, and I feel the communication by phone to be much more personalized and pleasant.

We've made a few requests to book umbrellas and cabanas at the water parks, they sent an email before 10am on the day our booking window opened, with all details regarding the reservations they were able to manage for us. (There is one last reservation that they still could not book, because it goes past the 180+10 day limit on our 14-days trip, and they told us they would book it as soon as possible.)

So far, DSS performs far better than my expectations. I was afraid I would miss IPO; it turns out I am pretty enthusiastic with this change! Long live DSS :thumbsup2

Impressive! Seems like they haven't skipped a beat :thumbsup2 ..too bad there wasn't a seamless transition from the former individual IPOs to this centralized one....

They were still in transition at my 180 mark. I'm at 106 and haven't been contacted. If I required their assistance I would have called as soon as I knew they were up and running. I have everything done except moving a pesky Sci-Fi ADR to an earlier time.

Previously..for hard to get ADRs..we contacted IPO and they would check for the specific ADR daily...and often times were able to get it for us....:goodvibes..so I would suggest contacting them and asking them if they are currently able to do that for you....Best of luck! Sci Fi fun is a fun meal... :cool2:

We're still a month out, will wait 2 more weeks and then call just to say "hi" and get on the radar! :)

I think that a very good idea...:thumbsup2

OMG I just reread my post...this is what happens when I try to post on my phone. :eek::lmao:

:rotfl:Your phone has a mind of its own....:scratchin

@GADisneyDad14 Are you back from your Poly Trip? I need to hear all about it!:cool1:

Me too....Inquiring mind....:surfweb:

I have a question about the new DSS sevice. Last time we did not use the IPO for anything so I'm all new. Can I email them a room request (my only request is I would like to be inside the Innkeepers doors...no guarantees, I know)? And let them know we are celebrating a couple of things? Can I do this even if I went through a travel agent?

Traditionally these are things that we always informed IPO of...so I am thinking it is still another avenue to put in your requests..and information....if you do inquire about that ...would appreciate as I am sure others around here would....if you let us know what they say about it....:thumbsup2

~Just my two cents about room location at the BWI...rooms inside the Innkeepers door can be quite far from the lounge and even further from the elevator....so my suggestion would be to request that as well...unless you don't mind a hike....lol...rooms at the far end of the hallways do seem have very little foot traffic...

Last edited:
The truth is..there's no going back....lol...

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 sounds like a good plan!

Good to hear..that's two positive reviews....:goodvibes..I was always a fan of the former IPO services...so this is really very reassuring...

Impressive! Seems like they haven't skipped a beat :thumbsup2 ..too bad there wasn't a seamless transition from the former individual IPOs to this centralized one....

Previously..for hard to get ADRs..we contacted IPO and they would check for the specific ADR daily...and often times were able to get it for us....:goodvibes..so I would suggest contacting them and asking them if they are currently able to do that for you....Best of luck! Sci fun is a fun meal... :cool2:

I think that a very good idea...:thumbsup2

:rotfl:Your phone has a mind of its own....:scratchin

Me too....Inquiring mind....:surfweb:

Traditionally these are things that we always informed IPO of...so I am thinking it is still another avenue to put in your requests..and information....if you do inquire about that ...would appreciate as I am sure others around here would....if you let us know what they say about it....:thumbsup2

~Just my two cents about room location at the BWI...rooms inside the Innkeepers door can be quite far from the lounge and even further from the elevator....so my suggestion would be to request that as well...unless you don't mind a hike....lol...rooms at the far end of the hallways do seem have very little foot traffic...
Oh no....this was exactly our issue with beach club club level...we were at least 5 corridors from the lounge and it was a big pain. I had my TA request inside the doors because I was under the assumption it was closer. Should I put in a different request?

Another thought that I'm curious about - I wonder if when I contact IPO if I can tell them our interest in purchasing tickets to one of the MNSSHP as well as upgrading to the express transportation option, that they'll inform us once these become available or a firm date to purchase has been established. Although I'm sure someone on the DIS Board will post it before IPO will alert us. :disrocks:

Does anyone have the new Signature Services email? My TA is awesome and very detailed, but recommended that I call SS, so I did, early this week. The CM that I spoke with was very nice and promised an email with info about special parties (Fireworks, Dessert Parties etc etc) but I haven't got anything. She did verify that they had my correct email.

I really need them to make ALL of my ADRs and other bookings at my 180 mark which is Feb 25th so I have to make sure they're on the ball and that they have all of my requests. I do know that I will need to call them back with my CC info, and I will let them keep it on file.

Any info or suggestions, in addition to their email, on this new CL service is greatly appreciated. :sunny:

I am booked at a deluxe room at BC. I have checked out touring plans but cannot tell which deluxe rooms are closest to lounge since lounge doesn't seem to be labeled. Anyone know which I should request?

We have a standard view-CL booked at BC. Does anyone have suggestions of best room numbers with full balconies? We usually book king bed at other resorts but not sure how many king bed rooms are available in standard view-CL. We will absolutely accept queen beds but would like a full balcony with maybe a halfway decent view. Touring plans show room numbers 5680 & 5682 as standard view-CL but not sure if this is accurate. Also, is this something Signature Services can help with or is this a request we can add to our reservation and hope for the best. Thanks for any suggestions. :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter