• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

How exciting to be spending Christmas at the Grand :santa:.

1. SL rooms either face the courtyard/pool or marina, so depending on which view you'd prefer, you could make a view request. I loved our marina view, but I think facing the courtyard would also be nice.

2. I can't answer about soy milk, but hopefully others will know.

3. CL staff doesn't usually have any pull with getting ADRs, but it wouldn't hurt to ask once you arrive. It can be a pain sometimes to constantly check, but I would keep checking daily as it is possible that something will become available.

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you for the quick reply! Can you see the Water Pageant from the marina view?

I need help deciding! When we booked our February trip, rooms we wanted were unavailable. But some things have opened up this week. We are staying the first part of our trip at CR tower club. For the second part we have a standard room at the Poly booked (non-CL). Due to the ages of our kids, CL works great for us. We stayed GF SL last trip. This week I have found CL openings at the Poly, BWI, and BC. We have stayed non-club at poly and BC before. Love the Poly, didn't love BC due to those long hallways and difficulty in grabbing food/drinks quickly. Wondering if we'd like CL at BC better because of the lounge? How far are standard rooms from the lounge? We also love a balcony and worry about not getting balcony and daybed at BC (since they are by request). I hear the views at Poly lounge are amazing, but food not as good as other lounges. Never stayed BWI, but hear the CL CM are among the best in all of Disney! Any advice or input?? Thank you!

I need help deciding! When we booked our February trip, rooms we wanted were unavailable. But some things have opened up this week. We are staying the first part of our trip at CR tower club. For the second part we have a standard room at the Poly booked (non-CL). Due to the ages of our kids, CL works great for us. We stayed GF SL last trip. This week I have found CL openings at the Poly, BWI, and BC. We have stayed non-club at poly and BC before. Love the Poly, didn't love BC due to those long hallways and difficulty in grabbing food/drinks quickly. Wondering if we'd like CL at BC better because of the lounge? How far are standard rooms from the lounge? We also love a balcony and worry about not getting balcony and daybed at BC (since they are by request). I hear the views at Poly lounge are amazing, but food not as good as other lounges. Never stayed BWI, but hear the CL CM are among the best in all of Disney! Any advice or input?? Thank you!

We've stayed CL in all the resorts you mentioned, and I would go with a CR CL / BWI CL split for our family. But that's because we spend a lot of time at Epcot (particularly in the evenings) and I enjoy splitting the stay between an MK area resort and an Epcot area resort. I'd chose BWI over BC for CL (probably not for regular rooms, but for CL) because I really appreciate not worrying about a full balcony, our experiences with BWI CL CMs have been so much more positive than with BC CL CMs and I love the views - either garden or boardwalk but no parking lots. Although the BWI lounge is smaller and the BC CL food was previously far better, I don't mind the lounge size too much and it sounds like BWI CL has really stepped it up with the food offerings. Also, not CL-related, but I really love the quiet pool at BWI - the most tranquil and relaxed quiet pool on property, in my opinion!

On the other hand, if you ask our kids, they would go with Poly CL for the second half. They all love the theming at Poly and the lounge set-up is really cool. Our youngest likes the dedicated kids' TV and they all appreciate the close proximity to the GCH and the pools. They also like the relaxed vibe and the monorail access. They don't mind taking the monorail to Epcot instead of walking. :)

Good luck with your decision!

Kerry-nice pic and very cool you got to meet Bob Iger. We met him two summers ago at the Boardwalk as well when we had stopped in to say hello to everyone. Very nice guy.

We've stayed CL in all the resorts you mentioned, and I would go with a CR CL / BWI CL split for our family. But that's because we spend a lot of time at Epcot (particularly in the evenings) and I enjoy splitting the stay between an MK area resort and an Epcot area resort. I'd chose BWI over BC for CL (probably not for regular rooms, but for CL) because I really appreciate not worrying about a full balcony, our experiences with BWI CL CMs have been so much more positive than with BC CL CMs and I love the views - either garden or boardwalk but no parking lots. Although the BWI lounge is smaller and the BC CL food was previously far better, I don't mind the lounge size too much and it sounds like BWI CL has really stepped it up with the food offerings. Also, not CL-related, but I really love the quiet pool at BWI - the most tranquil and relaxed quiet pool on property, in my opinion!

On the other hand, if you ask our kids, they would go with Poly CL for the second half. They all love the theming at Poly and the lounge set-up is really cool. Our youngest likes the dedicated kids' TV and they all appreciate the close proximity to the GCH and the pools. They also like the relaxed vibe and the monorail access. They don't mind taking the monorail to Epcot instead of walking. :)

Good luck with your decision!

Thank you for sharing! We also enjoy Epcot and our boys love Star Wars, so we end up spending a decent amount of time at HS. Being able to walk to 2 parks (probably with 2 strollers) is definitely a plus!! Knowing we have a balcony is also a bonus! Do all the CL rooms at BWI have the daybed as well? We aren't very familiar with the resort. So, I'm thinking we have narrowed it down to either Poly (which is always a family fav) or BWI!! Thanks again!

Anyone else have any advice? Our kids will be 6, 5, 3, and 2 at time of travel. And our trip will be for 10 days.

Hi CL folks! I've read so many of your posts and they've been super helpful! This is our first trip and I'm trying to get everything right! :) We leave this weekend! Our family is staying at the GF in a theme park view CL room in the main building so from what I understand that means our club will be the Royal Palm. Our kids are 7 and 5 and we'll be in the parks a lot but here's my question after all that intro....

Should we request a room? And if so, which one? We're theme park view so I'd love to be able to sit on our balcony and watch fireworks after the kiddos are sleeping. Is that an option? What are your favorite rooms and floors? I've looked at the room finder on Touring Plans and can't quite decide where the best views are but I thought y'all would have a good idea! :)

Thank you for all your insight!

Just curious - I know it says CL staff aren't supposed to take tips, but do you tip them anyway??

while we do not tip the CL desk staff we do tip the CL servers. The folks who clean up the tables or take an order for drinks in the evening.

while we do not tip the CL desk staff we do tip the CL servers. The folks who clean up the tables or take an order for drinks in the evening.
Just to gently add, they are all Club Level Staff. They can work in both areas. The last time I was at BWI CL, one of the CL Staff members that was assisting with breakfast was at the desk helping with dining reservations several hours later.

@meaganmusing I should probably leave this to the GF experts, but I'll give my perspective. Anyone with better knowledge of GF than me, please correct me.

Since you're in a TPV room, your potential room location is pretty easy to understand. You'll either be on the 3rd, or 4th floor of the main building. All of the TPV rooms are in the same general location and have similar views.

If this were me, more than anything else I would want to be on the 4th floor. 3rd floor would be second choice. The lounge is on the 4th floor and it's just a better overall experience to be on the same floor. 3rd is OK as there is a stairwell that goes right up to the lounge, so not the end of the world.

Hope that helps! We really enjoyed RPC earlier this year.

Last edited:
@meaganmusing @GADisneyDad14

The 2nd floor has deluxe king rooms only.

If you look at pics of GF these rooms are above GGG and the end of the marina.

Lovely view of the castle. Rooms numbers are ending in 01-09. 01 is towards Sago building and 9 would be closer to the lounge/ first room available when entering the bank of rooms. SO for view ask for 4-6 for center view shot of castle or 8/9 to have fewer steps to the lounge.

Past room 1 is an elevator that takes you down to floor 1. You can then exit to outside. This is best way for GGG, marina and also nice for bus and pools.

I like it for pools because you don't walk thru the lobby in your swim attire :)

Also the music is piped for Wishes at the marina and you can hear from those rooms.

FYI I was in the 2nd floor room ending in 01 and there is a tree in front of it so I would not want 3rd floor ending in 01 either.

Came back to add: you can bring stuff from lounge to room so grab items before you put kids to bed so available for your "balcony date nights".

Thank you for the quick reply! Can you see the Water Pageant from the marina view?

You're welcome :).

I don't think the EWP can be viewed from there, I'm not positive. Hopefully others will give some input ;).

So, I'm thinking we have narrowed it down to either Poly (which is always a family fav) or BWI!! Thanks again!

Anyone else have any advice? Our kids will be 6, 5, 3, and 2 at time of travel. And our trip will be for 10 days.

I think those are 2 great choices! We've never stayed at BWI, but it's on my list to try as I'm always reading great things about the resort, especially CL. With that said, since you've stayed at the Poly, I think I'd give BWI a try. Good luck deciding and I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Hi CL folks! I've read so many of your posts and they've been super helpful! This is our first trip and I'm trying to get everything right! :) We leave this weekend! Our family is staying at the GF in a theme park view CL room in the main building so from what I understand that means our club will be the Royal Palm. Our kids are 7 and 5 and we'll be in the parks a lot but here's my question after all that intro....

Should we request a room? And if so, which one? We're theme park view so I'd love to be able to sit on our balcony and watch fireworks after the kiddos are sleeping. Is that an option? What are your favorite rooms and floors? I've looked at the room finder on Touring Plans and can't quite decide where the best views are but I thought y'all would have a good idea! :)

Thank you for all your insight!

Your questions have been answered, but I wanted to say RPC is amazing and I hope you have a great time! :goodvibes.

After reading the last few posts about Grand Floridian Club TPV rooms, I'm curious -- it appears these rooms are in the main building -- does it get noisy? I find the CR TPV rooms is a noisy resort (not so much as the monorail running through, but the foot traffic from Chef Mickeys) and wondering if this is the case with the GF CL TPV rooms being they have 1900 PF and I would guess the same foot traffic.

I have a question for anyone concerning the club level at AKL. We have used this in the past, staying in a 2br so my older mother and her SIL who lives locally and stays with us while there can use the lounge while we are at the parks with kids. They like their independence and this has been great. This time, with a bigger group I moved up to the 3 br Savannah view (we can hardly wait). Only now it occurs to me that the Club access is not offered as an option for the 3br. Does anyone know if they offer access to the 3br unit automatically as you cannot book it with club access or if I can add access for them somehow? Thanks for any suggestions,
Drew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter