Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So after I booked the CR theme park view room I wanted with the AP discount this morning, I was checking out other options. Coz, why not? Saw Poly lagoon view & garden view CL rooms with the discount. I know how rare Poly discounts are so I put the garden view in my cart. Checked the price, clicked purchase & my cart was empty, so just that quick it was gone. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oh well, I was planning CR anyway. Buuuut, maybe I did want Poly??? ☹️ Why leave well enough alone, right? :rotfl2: So about an hour later, I checked again, just in case. And the garden view CL was discounted again. This time my booking stuck. So now I have to decide if we try Poly for the first time or stick with a regular theme park view room at CR for July 1-4. Planning to catch the MK fireworks on the 3rd. We’ll be at BWI 4-7th so watching Epcot’s fireworks on the 4th.

We really like CR so I do think I’m leaning that way. But do I pass up a discount at Poly? Decisions, decisions……..🤔🤔
941E1468-2EA1-4131-B70B-AC3A46B3DC75.jpeg

I zoomed in to show the seating. For 7/3 and 4 and 12/30 and 31 poly cl gets this reserved beach seating. It is a lot of fun watching like this! However CR view is the best. It is a hard choice!

@kylenne I had the poly lake view studio for 5/1-3. 885 a night. With AP poly TPV cl was 863 so I booked that. However I saw gf LV non cl was only 554. So dd and I will eat at Citricos instead. We really love the new rooms at gf!

Amazing how quickly we change our minds with a little $$ back.

Not club specific, but debating spring break vs early summer… can anyone advise on how the weather is in mid-March for swimming?

@kylenne I had the poly lake view studio for 5/1-3. 885 a night. With AP poly TPV cl was 863 so I booked that. However I saw gf LV non cl was only 554. So dd and I will eat at Citricos instead. We really love the new rooms at gf!

Amazing how quickly we change our minds with a little $$ back.
Do you still have the BWI 2 bedroom booked for early May? I have it starting on the 12th, and thought you had a reservation around then?

Those of you getting phone calls from akl cl, just wondering if any of you were staying as dvc members or on points? Don’t usually answer numbers I don’t know and seem to get a lot of Florida spam calls but that’s one I would want to answer lol

Not sure if the latest details for the Boardwalk Inn CL refurb are posted here or not. I did a glance over the last few pages and didn't notice anything so I'll give what I found out a couple days ago

Unfortunately, I've forgotten the exact start date, just late Jan/early Feb sometime
They are starting on all floors from the bank of elevators towards the "skyliner" or front of the resort. Taking them all down, out of commission at once. So that would be the non-CL area.
Then on March 11 (I know this date specifically as it fell when I was hoping we could return) they will close all the other half the Inn side, from the elevator bank towards the water. This includes the CL rooms and lounge. Sounded like this will go through April, though I didn't get an exact reopening date.
I guess things can always go awry and a date could push that 2nd half but that's the plan they have as of 2 days ago at least. Close half at a time.

As for the staff, for those curious, Lene and the rest of the welcome desk/lounge management crew will head down to work the front desk of the resort.
All staff working in the lounge will be dispersed throughout other CL lounges so you could run in to them elsewhere in March/April.

I’ve booked AKL CL for May. Does anyone know if the concierge staff can help with booking individual lightning lanes or virtual queues? Also, are the concierge still very good at getting difficult restaurant reservations or should I plan on logging on early on the 60-day mark to do it myself? This is my first trip since 2018 and I know a lot has changed.

Are there any other services the concierge staff offer that I should take advantage of? Could they send me maps of the parks before my trip?

Those of you getting phone calls from akl cl, just wondering if any of you were staying as dvc members or on points? Don’t usually answer numbers I don’t know and seem to get a lot of Florida spam calls but that’s one I would want to answer lol
Yes, I was staying on points. The name came up Animal Kingdom Lodge on my cell phone. Mine came the day before I was checking in. Also to note, even as a DVC member, you will receive full cleaning every day. Enjoy it!

I’ve booked AKL CL for May. Does anyone know if the concierge staff can help with booking individual lightning lanes or virtual queues? Also, are the concierge still very good at getting difficult restaurant reservations or should I plan on logging on early on the 60-day mark to do it myself? This is my first trip since 2018 and I know a lot has changed.

Are there any other services the concierge staff offer that I should take advantage of? Could they send me maps of the parks before my trip?
I don’t know about AKL specifically, but my experience is that the concierge staff has limited ability to do much more than what you can do yourself. Emailing DSS requires the patience of Job, as I have waited weeks for a response, so I would never trust them to make dining reservations - if that is something they even offer now.

The resort staff is helpful, and I’m sure would offer some tips and guidance on how to use Genie, but I haven’t gotten the impression that they are able to consistently make magic. They would help you use your account to choose from what is currently available, but they definitely aren’t logging in and planning your day or have access to return times for attractions that are already filled.

I don’t know about AKL specifically, but my experience is that the concierge staff has limited ability to do much more than what you can do yourself. Emailing DSS requires the patience of Job, as I have waited weeks for a response, so I would never trust them to make dining reservations - if that is something they even offer now.

The resort staff is helpful, and I’m sure would offer some tips and guidance on how to use Genie, but I haven’t gotten the impression that they are able to consistently make magic. They would help you use your account to choose from what is currently available, but they definitely aren’t logging in and planning your day or have access to return times for attractions that are already filled.
This is also my experience. I’ve seen Club level CMs help people *try* to get a BG for Rise (when that was a thing) and GotG by walking them through the process when they had the time to do so, but that’s not always guaranteed as there are only so many CMs at club level and that 7am drop is when breakfast is jumping into high gear. They do not have access to any special pool of BGs, ILL$, or LLs, and they don’t do anything ahead of your 7am day-of time frame.

You would also be better off booking your dining at 6am est on your own. The signature service staff may (to my understanding) help a bit with dining again, but they don’t have any special pull and they don’t start trying for reservations until their day begins at 9am est.

So after I booked the CR theme park view room I wanted with the AP discount this morning, I was checking out other options. Coz, why not? Saw Poly lagoon view & garden view CL rooms with the discount. I know how rare Poly discounts are so I put the garden view in my cart. Checked the price, clicked purchase & my cart was empty, so just that quick it was gone. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Oh well, I was planning CR anyway. Buuuut, maybe I did want Poly??? ☹️ Why leave well enough alone, right? :rotfl2: So about an hour later, I checked again, just in case. And the garden view CL was discounted again. This time my booking stuck. So now I have to decide if we try Poly for the first time or stick with a regular theme park view room at CR for July 1-4. Planning to catch the MK fireworks on the 3rd. We’ll be at BWI 4-7th so watching Epcot’s fireworks on the 4th.

We really like CR so I do think I’m leaning that way. But do I pass up a discount at Poly? Decisions, decisions……..🤔🤔

Nice split. I have a Poly LV CL room booked over the 4th and BWI deluxe room July 5-8. The 30% discount on the Poly was too good to pass up. It's been years since there were decent discounts at the Poly.

Does anyone know if the concierge staff can help with booking individual lightning lanes or virtual queues?
They can help you if you have trouble with the app but as @T.G.I.Friday and @SkyGuy indicated the CL CMs don't have access to a special reserved pool of ILL or VQ selections.

If you have a major issue with ILL or VQ the Disney Experience Team under the "Blue" umbrella at the parks do have some flexibility depending on the CMs on duty.

Also, are the concierge still very good at getting difficult restaurant reservations or should I plan on logging on early on the 60-day mark to do it myself?
Not the onsite CMs but DSS (which is a call center) can help you make reservations at your 60 day mark but they don't start until 9 AM ET and you need to provide them your selections and a Credit Card in advance by phone or email.

Phone: 407-939-7777 or Email: disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com they are available seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time.

In today's world we now make all our own ADRs at the 60 day mark and then keep checking back for better times or reservations we missed in the first pass.

Dave

They can help you if you have trouble with the app but as @T.G.I.Friday and @SkyGuy indicated the CL CMs don't have access to a special reserved pool of ILL or VQ selections.

If you have a major issue with ILL or VQ the Disney Experience Team under the "Blue" umbrella at the parks do have some flexibility depending on the CMs on duty.

Not the onsite CMs but DSS (which is a call center) can help you make reservations at your 60 day mark but they don't start until 9 AM ET and you need to provide them your selections and a Credit Card in advance by phone or email.

Phone: 407-939-7777 or Email: disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com they are available seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time.

In today's world we now make all our own ADRs at the 60 day mark and then keep checking back for better times or reservations we missed in the first pass.

Dave
I figured as much, but I really appreciate the confirmation. Thank you very much for the tips and advice!

The nice thing with CR is if it’s raining but not enough to cancel the fireworks you can in the safety of your room and still watch them with sound on your tv. I’ve watched NYE from the balcony and it’s such a great advantage when there are large crowds.

Is there a number to call for club level room requests? Or should I call the normal room number?

Also any room suggestions for standard atrium at CR? Or does it not matter much?

Is there a number to call for club level room requests?
You can call DSS at 407-939-7777 or Email disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com
They are there seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time. If you chose Email just include your reservation number.

Also any room suggestions for standard atrium at CR? Or does it not matter much?
If you mean a Bay lake view and not a TPV then I would pick any room north of the Elevator bridge. Rooms: 4814-4834. North end of the hallway is room 4834 still not to far from the CL lounge but tends to be quieter.

Room 4813 faces directly to the Elevator bridge. The lower number rooms from 4812-4801 are closer to Chef Mickey's which can be loud in the morning as you get closer to 4801.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter