Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks all. We did a private dinner at Citrico's a few years back for my birthday. We are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of our first trip to Disney and have both my sisters, niece, kids and my parents with us.

I believe they were doing something similar but not calling it the the "Chef's Domain" this time. Maybe a Sommelier Dinner or something similar sounding??

Checked into RPC last night for an anniversary and Christmas week trip and found this wonderful bit of pixie dust waiting for us in the room.

As nice as this was, it’s actually not the highlight! While grabbing a couple quick desserts in a mostly empty RPC lounge, who should come around the corner, none other than Irv!!!! It was so nice to see him and chat for a bit. He looked the same as ever! For those wondering, he’s found his new home at RPC and will not be returning to Poly when it reopens. To top of the evening, I asked Irv for a beer for my room fridge and he came back with a six pack!! It’s so nice to be home…..

Attachments

• 1E8D4925-2EE7-4643-94B9-59ED6696ADB3.jpeg
    1E8D4925-2EE7-4643-94B9-59ED6696ADB3.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 63A16F5C-6C4B-499F-AA03-56FA9BB55C76.jpeg
    63A16F5C-6C4B-499F-AA03-56FA9BB55C76.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 82

Checked into RPC last night for an anniversary and Christmas week trip and found this wonderful bit of pixie dust waiting for us in the room.

As nice as this was, it’s actually not the highlight! While grabbing a couple quick desserts in a mostly empty RPC lounge, who should come around the corner, none other than Irv!!!! It was so nice to see him and chat for a bit. He looked the same as ever! For those wondering, he’s found his new home at RPC and will not be returning to Poly when it reopens. To top of the evening, I asked Irv for a beer for my room fridge and he came back with a six pack!! It’s so nice to be home…..
I got to see irv back in September. Hope he’s working next week!

That looks so nice how they did that in your room! Enjoy!

So sweet!!! Happy Anniversary! Have a great trip!

Tell Irv that while I’m personally happy for him staying at RPC, I’m selfishly not happy because I can’t keep up with RPC prices! :sad1:

Don’t mind me in the RPC lobby looking up next WDW trip…
You’re not kidding! My DW doesn’t know it yet, but we’ll be washing dishes in the back the rest of the week to cover our hotel bill. We’ll be joining you in the lobby on future visits, lol.

Tell Irv that while I’m personally happy for him staying at RPC, I’m selfishly not happy because I can’t keep up with RPC prices! :sad1:

Don’t mind me in the GF lobby looking up next WDW trip…

Yes, same! When we stopped at GF over the weekend to see the gingerbread house and tree, I couldn't help but look up!

I'm curious about Irv and if he has just ended up loving it at RPC or if it's a Disney decision to leave him there.

I have a ton of work to catch up on so I just want to post a quick update with more detailed thoughts later. Just back from a three night WL Club stay. We arrived Saturday afternoon around 3 and our room was not ready. We were met in the lobby by someone with our party's names on a sign. We did not go upstairs at that point because we had to run to MK to fix a ticket issue. The CM did check that our bands were active so we could get through the gate when we got back. The gate band reader is a pain and we weren't the only ones having trouble with it. We used the elevator access from by Roaring Forks most of the time because it worked very well. Room ready text came at 4:15.
Food selections are different than in the past and improved over the three days. I felt like they were having trouble with the kitchen understanding what they needed to provide when for evening desserts. After the late desserts on Saturday, I did see a club CM walking with two kitchen staff and explaining what was going on in Club level. I am guessing reopening a very busy restaurant (the character meal) and club level had the kitchen staff overwhelmed.
Breakfast - scrambled eggs, oatmeal with fixings, bagels/breads/lox etc, dry cereal, the usual coke products, soy milk, real milk, Simply grapefruit juice bottled.
Snacks - trail mix, bagged chips, dips (but no open crackers to dip it in),
dinner - hot entree, hot soup, light crudite
dessert - the shot glass desserts with different flavors, mini cupcakes, and a bagged sugar cookie and the cobbler was there on Sunday or Monday
At least one beer on tap, plus a few different option in the fridge
I really enjoyed the Lodge Grog in the dispenser drink containers, it was a mix of cranberry juice, apple with cinnamon. I should have found a cordial to mix in.
Water has a "fill your own" tap with chilled, sparkling and not chilled spring waters.
The staff was trying their best and the kitchen was the main hold up. There was also an incident during desserts on Monday evening that a CM had to call security for guest behavior (that had been going on Sat and Sun night also). Not cool people.
Quick evaluation is that the hot food is still past quality, the afternoon snacks are limited by what they can offer as prepackaged so that is a bit of a bust. We used to love these breadstick things that they used to have. They ran out of real milk twice and could not get more until the next day.
The staff seems really young but trying really hard. I didn't take any pictures of the food because so many other people were taking pictures, I figured they would have already have been on here.

Oh and I thought that Jack had retired but I saw him in Ranger uniform on Tues morning under the portico. He looked like he was waiting for someone to arrive. So maybe he is still doing tours?

I didn't think I would like the new rooms but I did.

Last edited:
We were met in the lobby by someone with our party's names on a sign.
Is this the standard now for club level guests? Can anyone else comment their experience? I know in the past we were greeted as we walked off the magical express, but I wasn’t sure how that would work now that it’s going away!

The gate band reader is a pain and we weren't the only ones having trouble with it.

Totally agree with this. It didn't want to read our MBs. It isn't an easy set-up either once it actually worked. I would run over and push it with my back, and then try to grab my mom's wheelchair. Seems like there should be an easier way to do it.
Huge pet peeve for me, although not associated with club level is that the store in WL didn't have prices listed. Pricing on very few items. When I asked at the register about it, I was told that they can scan items at the register to get pricing. Really? I should wait in a check-out line only to find the price of something? Seems like a very deliberate attempt on Disney's part to get people to the register, and shame them into buying. So much price gouging going on.

Hey guys! We received our room alert as soon as we set foot into the resort, which was wonderful!! Saw @AngiTN !! She said she’s doing good!!

Breakfast was good. Pretty much the same selection @TJA had. CM’s are absolutely wonderful!!! So friendly, and kept the mimosa’s flowing!! lol Asked about dinner tonight, and it sounds like pasta and wine for me. Here’s some breakfast pics…

3BA29292-48B1-4AC9-8F0D-16DF2212BEA7.jpegC0638176-FEFF-48EF-9169-A9C9FC97A1B4.jpeg2569AD70-4A2B-42F3-88E9-DD3BF62BDA70.jpegE5D13286-EA38-444E-97DE-FD5FF3B23EF7.jpeg77444859-203B-4C5A-A34D-A3BE836075B6.jpeg18F0C940-AE56-4E5A-8C03-CA7E511CFD1D.jpeg62C6BE39-8130-41C9-AC13-10A05CB543F6.jpeg

3CFA3C95-ABFB-496C-9095-1A15E6AB93C0.jpegDE2CCB0F-34AD-40BB-B104-31D891ED118F.jpeg0665920F-DE02-417F-8D70-27A4E04CEAFD.jpeg

Breakfast has been good both days. Dinner last night wasn’t great for me and DH. My girls loved the tuna and loaded up on that.

With afternoon snacks being from 12-4, I don’t think we’re going to make it any of our days. Our trip is short so we’re doing a lot of park hopping during that time.

Forgot from this morning - they added bags of apples and grapes and Perrier:

View attachment 631358
Do they have normal eggs, potatoes, waffles etc for breakfast too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter